PDA

View Full Version : Don't you have a life of your own to talk about??

ezmoney163
03-18-2006, 07:33 PM
OK guys I need advice!! I know you will be honest with me.

I go to school and nearing the end of the course. SInce our first class, there is a woman in the program who can not keep her nose outta other peoples business. She is the kind of person who thinks she is so darn intellegent, and knows everything but when it actually comes down to the real hands on stuff she doesnt know her head from her behind. She gets pissy if things don't go her way and has even yelled at instructors for not doing things her way. SHe is rude and just down right obnoxious. She loves to tell everyone everything she kn ows, ya know like her life doesn't have enough excitement in it without knowing other peoples business. She has something bad to say about everyone and everything.

Anyway, when I first started school I worked at a practice already but my job was downsized, I was laid off, then I got another job almost immediately ( she told me after only knowing me for 3 weeks I need to quit jumping jobs it would look bad on my resume) well the second job I took was a 6 week temp position, no biggie, then I went without work for three weeks, well wanting to keep in the swing of things I found a job at an office 2 blocks from me, I am very very part time (meaning 1 to 3 days a week) which is not financially good for me. Anyway the Dr. whom is a good friend told me if I found another position full time she would understand, and that I could still come in anytime she is open that I am not working. Well I found a full time position which I start on Monday with my local hospital (WOooHOOO), the Dr. knew I had the job before me because she was one of my references, so they told her they wanted to offer me the position, she was so excited she came right to me and congratulated me etc. After talking to her I am still gonna go in on late nights and Saturdays just to help them keep caught up with stuff. Anyway back on track, I only told one operosn in my class whom I concider a good friend, I swore her to secrecy so this older woman would not find out and talk about me. I also had to tell the program director, for clinical purposes, as I get credit for working but they need to verify my job duties. Anyway, this woman comes in to class today and puts both hands oin my desk adn says to me, I heard you got a new job :eek: So I was mad thinking it was my friend who I swore to keep it a secret. COme to find out it was not my friend it was the program director!!!! :mad:

OK then if that is not bad enough, this girl in my class is pregnant, well guess who graced the whole class with that news?? Yepper, you guessed it big mouth. Who learned it from the director.

No matter what, this woman always wants to know everything about everyone, and then spread it around.

I am just furious, I don't think she shoud be having meetings with the director about mine or any of my class mates personal lives.

What do you think??

buttrfli
03-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I think the director needs to shut her trap.. I would be mad with the big mouth lady, BUT I'd be furious with the director. I'd go over her head and complain.

JWWB2000
03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Here is a hug!!!

hblueeyes
03-19-2006, 04:39 AM
I agree with buttrfli. You need to complain to the program director and his boss. I would also file a formal complaint as to the privacy issue. I would also talk to the instructor (s) of your class and ask why they tolerate her behavior and how it is affecting you besides being unprofessional.

If it were me I would have put this busy body in her place the moment she started with me. You are paying for an education. You are not paying to hear her whine, bad mouth people etc.

Me :p

Freebeemom
03-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I have a boss like this. She gossips about EVERYONE! It is very disruptive! VERY! I would definatlely tell someone above her, but also confront her on why she is telling people about your personal life. Tell her it is disruptive and is affecting your schooling. Rediculous. Hope you get through this! I hate gossps.

Unicornmom77
03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
That's just plain disrespectful not to mention unethical and unprofessional !!! I would look into going above her head and complaining!!

Congrats on the job Brandy and BIG HUGS for the stress this woman causes you!!

iluvmybaby
03-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree with buttrfli. You need to complain to the program director and his boss. I would also file a formal complaint as to the privacy issue. \
I would do that ASAP