PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think about this????

Unicornmom77
03-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I work at a McDonald's and I find it irritating when people want their burgers well done, their fries with out salt, and their cokes with out ice. It takes time and backs up everyone else's order behind the "special order" ....

So..... I think they should go to Denny's or a "real" restaurant if they want something special done to their food, especially if you need special food restrictions for your health... why are you eating fast food anyway????

And its also "funny" when people order big macs, double quarters, fish sandwiches and what not, WITH DIET SODA!!

So what the L do you think about this????

Maybe this belongs in Vent/Whine... :confused: Feel free to move it, I am just basically asking a question...

tsquared
03-10-2006, 06:13 PM
As long as a service is offered it should be a service and if that means cooking their burger till it is well done or no ice in their coke then so be it. I am sure we all go places and want something different than the norm and it backs up others, but that is life. As long as you work with the public then expect it or find another job.

Out2Lunch
03-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Through the years, I have worked at McD's and Burger King. And most of the time it is the same people who order something special. You actually make their day when you remember what they like! It never bothered me at all when their was a special order. I dont see why it should bother you as you are there to do a job and that is what you are paid to do.

catssass
03-10-2006, 06:39 PM
:o I am one of "those" people :rolleyes: I hate ketchup on my burger, my DD hates onions, so we always have a special order, PLUS our order is always HOT & fresh...and I want McDonalds, not Dennys at the time

kyswpgrl
03-10-2006, 06:40 PM
I couldn't agree more with tsquared. I'm a picky eater, so are my kids. If I don't like onions on my burgers, then does that mean I should stop eating everywhere that puts them on there??? I'm supposed to be accomodating so the line can move up 30 seconds faster? I mean...WTF? I can understand how it would be irritating from your point of view, but give me a break.

And yes, I am one of those cars that will "back up" the line. My daughter will only eat her hamburgers plain with pickles. My husband doesn't like onions. Depending on where I go, I don't like onions or lettuce. If I order tea, I order it without ice...otherwise I don't drink it fast enough and it's watered down by the time I get 1/4 of the way through it. It's a waste.

As for people ordering diet coke with their orders, what does it matter? Some people honestly prefer the taste of diet over regular. Heck, I don't let my kids drink regular coke, so they always ask me for diet when we go to fast food places. I'm sure it looks odd requesting diet coke with a kids meal, but I'll do what I have to do. It's really nice to know that I have people working at McDonald's passing judgement on ME based solely on what I eat. :rolleyes:

Dragonfairie
03-10-2006, 07:07 PM
onions and mustard only on the burger and coke no ice - not only will the burger be edible but I know it hasn't sat under a warmer but fresh and I get more coke in my cup and it isn't watered down. thanks for the no salt idea, now my fries will be fresh too, lol

tngirl
03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I like my fries salted :D If someone has a special order there is no reason why it should "back up" the line. All you have to do is ask them to wait to the side and wait on the next person. Why should people with dietary restrictions be limited to where they eat? Also, maybe someone is diabetic and can't drink regular soda? My sister is diabetic and so is my roommate so they always order diet coke.

I also learned the trick about "special" ordering food at fast food places...especially when you know they have stockpiled the food for rush hours. Besides, I do not like pickles or lettuce on my sandwich. As for requesting a burger to be well done, shouldn't the burgers at McD's already be well done? If someone is like my roommate, the slightest bit of pink in his meat makes him sick and besides that, there are serious health issues associated with undercooked meat. As thin as the patties are on burgers at a fast food place, if they aren't well done then they haven't been on the grill long enough to even get warm.

Donnagg123
03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I work at a McDonald's and I find it irritating when people want their burgers well done, their fries with out salt, and their cokes with out ice. It takes time and backs up everyone else's order behind the "special order" ....

So..... I think they should go to Denny's or a "real" restaurant if they want something special done to their food, especially if you need special food restrictions for your health... why are you eating fast food anyway????

And its also "funny" when people order big macs, double quarters, fish sandwiches and what not, WITH DIET SODA!!

Maybe this belongs in Vent/Whine... :confused: Feel free to move it, I am just basically asking a question...

People want what they want when they want. Usually they want no ice so the drink won't get watery. They want no salt usually because they want their fries fresh (I've seen that trick before ;) ...c'mon people you know who you are!! :))

I used to work fast food and that is one of the signs that you need to get out. When you start taking food orders personal, or judging people by their food order, then you need to get out and get out fast.

Unicornmom77
03-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Y'all are great...

LMAO!!

Also just FYI McDonald's (as most fast food now) makes their food "to order", which means we make it as the order comes up, so its ALWAYS fresh...

P.s.
I was just stirring the pot...

tngirl
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Every McD's I have been too has the food stockpiled at "rush" hours. It is nice to know there is ONE in the country that makes their food to "order"

momfromTN
03-10-2006, 08:19 PM

I used to cook at McDonalds and I did not find it to be such a hardship to do special orders. What is the big deal? The customer is there, and they are paying your check, so unless they are abusive and nasty, I say serve them what they want, within reason.

I order my fries fresh when I go to McDonalds these days. That is because I have been the recipient of fries that tasted like they sat in the bin for 2 days. I also order my kid's burgers plain. My middle son has Autism and texture issues and does not like anything on his burger.

buttrfli
03-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I hate pickles and don't want them on my burger... I'll order 3 cheeseburgers and a diet soda because I like the taste of the diet sodas, the reg sodas are too syrupy.

I like fries w/ salt, but I ask for them w/o salt from mcD's because they coat these things in salt and its so much that it nburns my mouth.

I don't think that just because its mcD's I should expect to be served how they want to serve me.... after all, I am the one paying for the food :)

tsquared
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Y'all are great...

LMAO!!

Also just FYI McDonald's (as most fast food now) makes their food "to order", which means we make it as the order comes up, so its ALWAYS fresh...

P.s.
Must be something new............its all stockpiled every place i have been
stir the pot away...................

Unicornmom77
03-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Every McD's I have been too has the food stockpiled at "rush" hours. It is nice to know there is ONE in the country that makes their food to "order"

Yeah, I though all McD's had changed the "made to order". I have worked at McDonald's off and on for the last 10 yrs and I do remember when I was a teen they did pre-make a lot of the food. And the food quality was not good. I can't believe there are still McDonald's that pre-make food, seems so "stone age". LOL

We have a great store manager and she is super strict on fry hold times, the longest a fry sits at our store is 6 min, which seems kinda long to me LOL But she will throw away an entire fry bin when the timer expires.

A lot of people just ask for fresh fries instead of no salt to get fresh ones, I would hope that any store would make you some fresh ones if you asked, I know we will. :D

Faithfully
03-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I think if I'm paying my hard earned money for food, I better get it the way I want it.
I have no problem pulling ahead, and waiting an extra 5 minutes for hot, fresh food.

stresseater
03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I managed fast food for 10 years(Burger King and Wendys) and when I go to McD's I get my fish cooked fresh, fries with no salt(because recently they seem to have changed salting pattern or something cause they are waaaaay too salty) and I make my soda easy on the ice(cold hurts my teeth) I'm paying for it that's how I'm going to get it one way or the other. Would you rather pull me up or have me hold up the line chewing your butt because my fish has been in the drawer for the last 65 min. or my fries are snowing? This isn't meant to be rude but just how it is with me. :D

TxGreek
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Wow... I eat a fish sandwich with diet coke. Fish is the only thing I'll eat from McDs and I prefer diet drinks.

Maybe you're in the wrong line of work? (But really, I guess most jobs require contact with other people) :rolleyes:

I don't see how requesting certain things is a pain. Then again, it seems to be a real task just to give customers straws for their drinks at my local McD so maybe it really is that hard.
I find it slightly humorous that someone may be passing judgment on me for the type of sandwich and drink I order. :D

belcherpi
03-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I must say that I am one of those people who order fries with no salt. I have high blood pressure and have to watch the salt. The fries at the McDonalds here were too salty, even my kids wouldn't eat them. I'm not too picky about the burgers because I just scrape what I don't want off. :D

Unicornmom77
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I wasn't passing judgment on anyone, I was asking for thoughts on how people felt about it...

And yes the new salt shaker is very fast flowing... A lot of people have made comments on that.

I think if I'm paying my hard earned money for food, I better get it the way I want it. And I always say you get what you pay for..,

I seriously have NO problem with people who want no ice, lite mayo, no salt fries, diet soda, well done, $40 meal for $3, a moist towelette, extra honey mustard... I like my job, but it is just McDonald's and we are not paid well and the food is cheap... what can ya expect?

I made this post to have a discussion, and it has been that, thanks y'all. :D I will be back tomorrow after waiting on 300 hungry impatient people to discuss this further ;)

Oh yeah and what about we never get positive remarks working there, people only complain, never a "good job" or "nice hot fries"??

Okay, see y'all real soon, Would you like fries with that?

freeplease
03-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Some of us are unable to drink anything but diet cokes. Some folks are unable to eat catsup. Medical reasons aside, they are paying for the food. They should get what they order.

Freebeemom
03-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Y'all are great...

LMAO!!

P.s.

Sounds like it worked! :) Anyhow, I am sure you are stirring when you say it is always fresh....so much for cold, soggy fries or even undercooked. Has happened several times to me!

Anyhow, I don't like the taste of regular coke. I am not on a "Diet" I am not overweight...sometiems, I like the taste of diet coke with my burger.

Those new chicken sand. are really good too, btw....and if it is so fresh and made to order, why is the cheese not even melted?

Sorry...can't please everyone...but I did see the movie Super Size Me and I don't go there very often anymore.

Rocket Cowgirl
03-11-2006, 04:27 AM
I work at a resturaunt and have been there 2 years. Granted its not a "fast" food place, but we still serve burgers and other so called fast food. One thing that I have noticed is that it's the people who also work there and other food places that are the pickiest about their orders. They are usually the ones who take something off our menu and change everything about it. .

tsquared
03-11-2006, 06:35 AM
I drove past my local McDonald's tonight (Boston area) and they were advertising on Monday March 13, from 12pm-2pm, that all dine-in customers can order 1 **FREE** Medium Extra Value Meal. It appears to be any Medium Extra Value Meal on their regular menu.

The signage appeared to be corporate, so there be other restaurants offering the same deal

Vixen
03-11-2006, 08:59 AM
I work very hard for my money and if I am going to give it to Mcdonalds or any other place I am going to get what I want.. I WILL order fries with no salt so they will be HOT not wilted and cold with 3 hours worth of salt caked on them. I will order coke no ice because I dont like ice so why pay for something I dont like and if there is something on the burger that I dont like then I will tell them to take it off and I have no problems waiting for my order and if the person behind me does then they obviously dont understand the meaning of a line.. you WAIT for the person in front of you.. but that is just me and if it makes me a ***** oh well LOL

and yes I have worked in Fast food Mcdonalds included.

YankeeMary
03-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I LOVE COLD SALTY FRIES AT MCDONALDS!!! LOL...truly I do. I think thats what made them famous in my family...haha...the more salt the better. My McDonalds must premake some of there food also, because everytime you order a bigmac, the freaking bun is hard...that makes me mad. I also order our burgers without onions here. I just get mad at my McDonalds, because they are stingy with their condiments.

cinnamonch
03-11-2006, 06:15 PM

I am definately one of those people who goes to a fast food place and request unsalted fries. One reason being, I have a medical condition that causing me to swell and i dont need the added salt plus when you order unsalted fries, they are guaranteed hot.

Besides, if they want my money, they will try to accomodate my order.

freebielover
03-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I honestly didn't know you could order them unsalted. They do salt them too much, I wish they would leave them unsalted and let me salt them to my liking. I do dislike when they are stingy with the ketchup or sweet and sour sauce. My local Wendy's decided to start charging 25 cents per bbq or sweet and sour sauce. Drives me up the wall, finish paying, ask for your sauce and they say sorry another 50 cents! I think some people go overboard with special orders (my SIL orders salad and makes them pick out the types of lettuce she doesn't like!) but when it comes to no onions or no salt, it seems rather reasonable.

katencody
03-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I always get diet coke because I am diabetic. Yeah, it's really great for me to be eating up all that greasy food, but sometimes it's sooooooooo good. The only thing I request is extra pickles. I think it's fine for people to have "special orders" especially when you work so hard for your money. I do compliment good workers and I have on occasion told them when I have really great fries or a good burger(Is there really a good burger at Mickey D's? LOL) or whatnot. We were at McDonald's tonight and some punky kids came in asking for a McFlurry and the one kid only had like a $1.90 and so the service worker took money from his pocket to make up the difference. The other 2 kids asked for cups for water and they started to get pops and I said to my husband what nerve after the guy chipped in and then the manager came and told them no pop unless you pay.

adorkablex
03-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I seriously have NO problem with people who want no ice, lite mayo, no salt fries, diet soda, well done, $40 meal for $3, a moist towelette, extra honey mustard... I like my job, but it is just McDonald's and we are not paid well and the food is cheap... what can ya expect?

Did you not know what your hourly wage would be when you started? I'd imagine you did. But why would I want to pay $4 for a something that I wouldn't feed my dog because it's got crap on it that even she won't eat? I'd bet you'd hate me. I order everything I eat plain. And I check my order before I drive off. I'm not wasting more of my time to drive home, see it's got mayo or whatever on it just to drive back and have the people scape the crap off.

A guy told my Dad one time when he asked for honey mustard "I like them without it" because he was too damned lazy to go and get more honey mustard.

Bliss
03-12-2006, 12:52 AM
I haven't eaten in a fast food establishment in 15 yrs. I will not eat at one - my mother & sis were on their death beds from eating at MacD's. I do not know what was in the hamburger - they were both vomiting blood, and blood coming out the other end. It was like the hamburgers had fiberglass in them... All beef (whatever they claim to be using as beef) should be cooked well done.

evrita
03-12-2006, 03:12 AM
I dont have to worry about it cause I dont eat at Fast food places the joys of not having any in our town.

As for not being thanked I just have to say you can have one of the most important jobs in the world and you know what you dont get many TY....

I take calls everyday from people and I dont get thank yous and I guess I dont expect them because I figure I am just doing my job. I am getting paid for a service I chose to do. I dunno *shrug*

IthinkNOT!
03-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I am one of those picky people also. I want my fries hot, I want my sandwich hot and with no lettuce, and without anything that I happen to think is especially icky that day, Somedays ketchup gets me...lol. And if you make a mistake and give me my sandwich with lettuce, I will tell someone about it, and I expect to get a fresh sandwich without lettuce, if I just wanted to scrape the lettuce off I could do that myself. I work hard for my money, and expect to be able to get things my way. I have to try to please ppl in my line of work also, but I keep trying because I'd rather remake something than be in the unemployment line.

dlwt
03-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Well I always could go elsewhere but sometimes I like McD's. Didnt know it was such a big deal. My fav drink is Diet Coke no different than someone wanting Rootbeer if you ask me. DH likes extra onions and they do it didnt know it was a no-no. Maybe just go elsewhere I quess

msginna
03-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I ALWAYS, ask for no onions, or pickles and get them fresh when I do. Now hubby forgets sometimes and boy oh boy it almost always is not fresh. Now when I have to pull up because of the line I actually feel good, not because they are waiting but because I will eat nice hot food.

Urban Cowgirl
03-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Then you'd really be annoyed by me. I always order g/c and pay for them , and then order my food separate...always with special requests, THEN I pay for my food with the g/c I just bought. LMAO ......what a pain, huh? I've been on the other side of the counter and it never held my line up much. Besides what ever happened to "special orders don't upset us" (or however the song goes) ?

kyswpgrl
03-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Then you'd really be annoyed by me. I always order g/c and pay for them , and then order my food separate...always with special requests, THEN I pay for my food with the g/c I just bought. LMAO ......what a pain, huh? I've been on the other side of the counter and it never held my line up much. Besides what ever happened to "special orders don't upset us" (or however the song goes) ?

Question - Why do you buy the GCs and then pay for your food that way in the same trip? You aren't getting a discount on your food are you? You don't have to answer...just curious. LOL

Unicornmom77
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
No I didnt know what my wage would be before I started, but it doesnt matter if I did, I would have taken the job, some money is better than none, I needed a job...

mosdata1
03-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Just FYI the 'Have it your way' was Burger King, not McDonalds. McD always makes me ill. I used eat BK, but stopped a few years ago when they stopped cooking all your food fresh & just zapped (or heated) pre-cooked patties. No more fresh, grilled burgers. :( Oh well, fast food isn't good for me anyway.

Urban Cowgirl
03-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Question - Why do you buy the GCs and then pay for your food that way in the same trip? You aren't getting a discount on your food are you? You don't have to answer...just curious. LOL

I do this so I can get credit on my DD's upromise account. Doesn't give much but it doesn't cost me anymore either and I figure by the time she is old enough for college every penny will help. (if upromise sticks around) On the backpage of the g/c there is a upromise code. HTH

KipsLuv
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
ummm ... many of us who order diet drinks at McDonalds do so because we are diabetic... not over weight... just helping to expand your mind :D

Curious though... what do you think the McDonalds corporation would think of an employee in a service position who thinks the customer does not have a right to get what they pay for?

shame on you ...

btw.... whatever was in the pot was starting to stick.... just stirring it up ;)

Bubblescc
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I worked for Mc Donalds after high school for a while and I must say I dont see anything wrong with getting something the way you like it. This shouldnt slow anything down at all, all burgers come with something on them so what if its different. Why should anyone pay for food with something on it they dont like? I take it you dont have children? lol I do not mean this in a bad way ok this is my opinion....

Bubblescc
03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
oops sorry unicorn mom I see you are a mother lol

babydoll_jen
03-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm confused. Would one of the posters who posted they are a diabetic please aswer a question for me? I understand about the sugar in the regular soft drinks but doesn't everything else you are consuming from MC'Ds contain sugar ( I mean it will eventually change into sugar right?). Like the buns on the burger and the french fries? I was under the impression that they contain so many carbohydrates and starches that eventually turn into sugar that is why they are not allowed on the Atkins diet. Just wondering. :confused:

Also, I must be in the minority on this one. If I want something specially made for me, I go into the establishment to have it made so I don't clutter up the drive thru. I mean, you are going to have to wait on it anyway right? Some of the establishments you can only pull so far up the drive thru before you are blocking other traffic. I'd rather have a line in a restaurant than have a traffic jam. JMO

katencody
03-13-2006, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=babydoll_jen]I'm confused. Would one of the posters who posted they are a diabetic please aswer a question for me? I understand about the sugar in the regular soft drinks but doesn't everything else you are consuming from MC'Ds contain sugar ( I mean it will eventually change into sugar right?). Like the buns on the burger and the french fries? I was under the impression that they contain so many carbohydrates and starches that eventually turn into sugar that is why they are not allowed on the Atkins diet. Just wondering. :confused:

I can explain why I order diet pop. It's because I do not do well with not eating sugar. I still like sweets and since I do drink so much pop I figure I can even it out by drinking diet. I know , it's a sorry reason. LOL!

annie169
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
On a diabetic diet, you are allowed so many servings of starches, etc. Soda is HORRIBLE as it is almost pure liquid sugar.

I worked for almost 8 years for McD's, started opening and drive thru in the mornings and worked my way up to 2nd assistant manager. I miss my job sometimes. Wanna know what was sad?? I was able to make more $$ as a 2nd. asst. manager than a dr. office receptionist in the town I lived in at the time. Depending on if your store is corporate or franchise, depends on what you get for food, etc. I was allowed 50% off as just regular crew, free when I got into management and once a month I could take my family and eat free.

Oh, I forgot to say, our owner and managers always told us "The Customer is who pays your wages, give it to them the way they want."

Kelsey1224
03-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I think if I'm paying my hard earned money for food, I better get it the way I want it.
I have no problem pulling ahead, and waiting an extra 5 minutes for hot, fresh food.

I totally agree.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-14-2006, 12:29 PM

Amen !!

stresseater
03-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Just FYI the 'Have it your way' was Burger King, not McDonalds. McD always makes me ill. I used eat BK, but stopped a few years ago when they stopped cooking all your food fresh & just zapped (or heated) pre-cooked patties. No more fresh, grilled burgers. :( Oh well, fast food isn't good for me anyway.
They have always done it this way. Granted when I first started working for them we had hand steamers to reheat the meat, bottom bun and cheese(if ordered). Then they figured out that most people were too stupid to use them right and too many people were getting hurt so they went to nukeing the bottoms instead.You can still request to have a sandwhich off the broiler just tell them you want it that way.

wyozozo
03-15-2006, 10:01 AM
:o I am one of "those" people :rolleyes: I hate ketchup on my burger, my DD hates onions, so we always have a special order, PLUS our order is always HOT & fresh...and I want McDonalds, not Dennys at the time

BINGO!!! 9 times out of 10 that is why I "special order" items at McDonalds! But I usually go inside to place my order...

wyozozo
03-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Y'all are great...

LMAO!!

P.s.

Wish your McD's was in our town!!! Plus if that's the case, how does a special order slow things down? :confused:

Angelwings51
03-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey, I guess I'm one of those people that will order a big mac, fries and a diet coke, We have choice don't we? I drink diet soda all the time, I just prefer it.

Unicornmom77
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Wish your McD's was in our town!!! Plus if that's the case, how does a special order slow things down? :confused:

Because there are extra steps involved. The grill cooks have to stop and read a slip and then sticker tape it to the wrap. LMAO I find it hilarious that this slows down an order, but it does lol

It isn't anything to do with my job on the front counter or drive thru. I just hate standing there while people have to wait. Its not fun, and NO ONE is happy while they wait LOL

I printed this out and showed my store manager and we are going to have a customer relations class (discussion) to improve how we deal with the customers.

And there isn't one person in my store who could say they didn't get irritated with customers daily, and I cant believe NO ONE who works in customer service and/or fast food had enough balls to admit it and leave me hanging out here alone :p

Oh well lmao

ANYONE WANT FRIES WITH THAT?

Unicornmom77
03-18-2006, 12:57 PM
I am one of those picky people also. I want my fries hot, I want my sandwich hot and with no lettuce, and without anything that I happen to think is especially icky that day, Somedays ketchup gets me...lol. And if you make a mistake and give me my sandwich with lettuce, I will tell someone about it, and I expect to get a fresh sandwich without lettuce, if I just wanted to scrape the lettuce off I could do that myself. I work hard for my money, and expect to be able to get things my way. I have to try to please ppl in my line of work also, but I keep trying because I'd rather remake something than be in the unemployment line.

Yes, so could you say you were a bit nicer to people @ fast food restaurants because you know how it is?

It's the people who have never had to do this type of job that get to me, they can't understand... If they had any compassion they would not come up to me on front counter and scream at me about a FREE happy meal toy!! I just can't believe people sometimes, it just seems to me that a DOLLAR cheeseburger isn't worth SCREAMING and being a total JERK about, but then again I know how it is so I would never do this....

freebielover
03-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, so could you say you were a bit nicer to people @ fast food restaurants because you know how it is?

It's the people who have never had to do this type of job that get to me, they can't understand... If they had any compassion they would not come up to me on front counter and scream at me about a FREE happy meal toy!! I just can't believe people sometimes, it just seems to me that a DOLLAR cheeseburger isn't worth SCREAMING and being a total JERK about, but then again I know how it is so I would never do this....

I must say I do agree with you about getting irritated with customers daily. I don't currently work with the public, I hopefully will never do that again as it was a thankless, awful job. People will complain about the dumbest things. Granted I did have some wonderful customers, but some were unbearable. I was always nice and I irritated the crap out of the rude or unintelligent people by killing them with kindness. I was so sickeningly sweet they would get so irritated but couldn't really complain because I was being nice :) I worked at a clothing store and I saw how ridiculous people were and I swore right then and there I would never want to deal with people's food being a waitress or working fast food. This does NOT in any way apply to everyone and I don't think custom orders that you guys described are too bad at all, but you all have to admit you have run into some pretty ridiculous people at some point either working or eating out.

KEARLA
03-18-2006, 05:57 PM
It doesn't matter how you order your burger at the McDonalds near me. No matter what, you get a cold meat patty...if you get one at all. A coworker one time ordered a cheeseburger and when she got back to work to eat it, it had everything but the meat. :eek: I have to say though, the new crispy chicken club is mighty tasty.
I agree, working with the public can often be taxing. I just do what I can to perform my job the best I can and figure if they don't like it, it is their problem. Some people out there can never be satisfied.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Okay, here I go stirring the pot... but I just want to say UNLESS you work 10 to 12 hours a day in a Call Center attempting to COLD SALE a Mortgage Loan to people whose , I hate to say this but it's true, credit is so bad that they ONLY way these people will get out of debt is through a Mortgage loan to either Refi with a Cash Out Option, or do some Debt Cosolidation. Oh and I would estimate that 60% of my clients don't speak English. :eek: You, and I DO NOT mean the Original Poster, think it's bad that you have wait an extra 30 seconds for "fresh fries" or some Mom is yelling about the "free Happy Meal toy", try calling someone in NYC at 8 AM ask them if they would consider using their home's equity. Maybe in some ways my job is better than the OP's because out of the 700 to 800 calls I make a day (and I'm not kidding... I have the Stats in front of me all day/afternoon/night long) I only talk to MAYBE 200 to 300 "Right Party Contacts" and 20% of them listen, the rest either say "No Hable Ingles, Senorita" or tell me to "F*** Off". :eek: :mad: :confused: I'm sorry but I've known you a total of 30 seconds at best and you are mad enough that you either 1. Accuse me of being your man's girlfriend. (Hey, it happens...daily) 2. Think it's a scam and tell me oh-sooooo-politely to "F*** off and get a REAL job" or 3. Scream at me "You're a F***ing B****" and then hang up on me. Anyone else besides me see a pattern here? :eek: Now, my schedule has changed "again" and I'm supposedly working 9 AM to 6 PM, but I know that in reality that means I'm working 9 AM to 9 PM...as usual.
Yeah I sit "on my ass" all day, but last week by Thursday I had clocked 81.01 hours so those 12 hours I worked on Friday (9 AM to 9:30 PM)... ALL over time. I dont mind the money but working *THAT* many hours dealing with 90% of the angriest people in the United States...that SUCKS. :eek:

kyswpgrl
03-21-2006, 06:55 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah that may suck, but you chose that job, correct?

Njean31
03-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Okay, here I go stirring the pot... but I just want to say UNLESS you work 10 to 12 hours a day in a Call Center attempting to COLD SALE a Mortgage Loan to people whose , I hate to say this but it's true, credit is so bad that they ONLY way these people will get out of debt is through a Mortgage loan to either Refi with a Cash Out Option, or do some Debt Cosolidation. Oh and I would estimate that 60% of my clients don't speak English. :eek: You, and I DO NOT mean the Original Poster, think it's bad that you have wait an extra 30 seconds for "fresh fries" or some Mom is yelling about the "free Happy Meal toy", try calling someone in NYC at 8 AM ask them if they would consider using their home's equity. Maybe in some ways my job is better than the OP's because out of the 700 to 800 calls I make a day (and I'm not kidding... I have the Stats in front of me all day/afternoon/night long) I only talk to MAYBE 200 to 300 "Right Party Contacts" and 20% of them listen, the rest either say "No Hable Ingles, Senorita" or tell me to "F*** Off". :eek: :mad: :confused: I'm sorry but I've known you a total of 30 seconds at best and you are mad enough that you either 1. Accuse me of being your man's girlfriend. (Hey, it happens...daily) 2. Think it's a scam and tell me oh-sooooo-politely to "F*** off and get a REAL job" or 3. Scream at me "You're a F***ing B****" and then hang up on me. Anyone else besides me see a pattern here? :eek: Now, my schedule has changed "again" and I'm supposedly working 9 AM to 6 PM, but I know that in reality that means I'm working 9 AM to 9 PM...as usual.
Yeah I sit "on my ass" all day, but last week by Thursday I had clocked 81.01 hours so those 12 hours I worked on Friday (9 AM to 9:30 PM)... ALL over time. I dont mind the money but working *THAT* many hours dealing with 90% of the angriest people in the United States...that SUCKS. :eek:

i absoultely hate when mortgage companies call me trying to get me to refinance. i swear, atleast every other day i get one. i have to stop what i'm doing to answer the phone and then it's the same ole spill. guess what, IF I WANTED A MORTGAGE or refinancing, i would call you (not you specifically, but you know what i mean). there out to be a law against this harrassment. if i ever did want to refinance, it wouldn't be with someone who worried the hell out of me.

okie
03-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Those happy meal toys are not free. I absolutely hate McDonalds. The food is always cold and it's nasty. I have worked at a McDonalds and hopefully I never have to again.

Cowgirl your a telemarketer so what do you expect? If you called my house at 8am I would be pissed. What does this have to do with working at McDonalds anyway? You chose the job so get used to it or find another one. :rolleyes: