PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

Coke_Lover
03-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I admit I mostly come here for the freebies, but I do go to other parts of the board.

I posted a freebie that was a repost and had done a search but did not find it. The first 5 post's were all blasting me for a repost. I have not really posted anything else or even checked to see if the freebies that come in my mail box are listed. Is that usual for reposts? Some people were pretty brutal and down right mean about it. I am now to the point of thinking of posting again, but not sure if I want to because people were so brutal. Is it just me? Am I being to sensitive? It was my very first posting, can people tell if you are new? Are they extra mean to newbies? Just wanting some understanding.

Thanks

KEARLA
03-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Don't worry about them. There are some of us who don't make it to the boards everyday and reposts help us see things we might have missed. I don't think it is fair that people jump on you when you are just trying to help them find freebies. My momma always taught me that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". As far as the searching, I have no luck with that either. I can never find anything, even when I KNOW it is there.

ahippiechic
03-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Most people can't wait to point out a repost. Doesn't bother me, unless the whole 1st page is all reposts, lol! :)

It's the mods job to close or remove reposts, so I wouldn't worry about what anyone else says. It's just a freebie board! Post away.

june72
03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Don't pay no mind to some people. Post away!

kyswpgrl
03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Don't worry about them. There are some of us who don't make it to the boards everyday and reposts help us see things we might have missed. I don't think it is fair that people jump on you when you are just trying to help them find freebies. My momma always taught me that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". As far as the searching, I have no luck with that either. I can never find anything, even when I KNOW it is there.

ITA! Half the time I miss posts, so it's nice to see reposts. I will admit it's sometimes annoying when you see several in the same day or week. However, those people that blasted you should just look over it and not bother replying. When they reply, it just keeps bumping it up. Try not to let it get to you.

girlwithsoul
03-01-2006, 11:19 AM
I find it hilarious that those people have nothing better to do than blast someone else for a repost of all things.....could we nitpick anything smaller??? Come on people....be thankful there are people who are trying to be helpful.....repost or not. :rolleyes:

tsquared
03-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey dude post away and let the ones complain.........wont be the first time a repost of something is made and sure wont be the last.............especially if its me doing the reposting..........lol

buttrfli
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
the freebie fanatics are a hoot! I'll be the first person to say that the search feature is a bit odd and most of the time it comes back with nothing, so its not your fault. Don't worry about what others say... there is a "report post" button on every post, so if it was THAT bothersome they would be reporting the dbl post, but instead some people feel the need to knock down others... and in turn they keep bumping that post up to the top with each reply.

Some people don't notice the reposts because they don't live in that forum and are happy that they saw your post because they missed it the first time.. so go post away! :D

PrincessArky
03-01-2006, 01:47 PM
If everyone listened to the complainers on this board then there wouldnt be any of us posting anything for fear of being blasted.......the negative ppl are everywhere but they wont get me :)

post whatever whenever.........the search has NEVER worked for me

TxGreek
03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I actually don't mind reposts because a lot of times, I miss the first post. When it's reposted, I don't miss out on the freebie/deal! :cool:

Ignore anyone who bothers you. They're just a screen name; not someone you'd recognize if they stood two feet in front of you.

ETA: If you're like me and have a hard time keeping your mouth shut, tell them Thank you for pointing it out and next time don't open the thread if they've already seen it before! :)

hotwheelstx
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I find it hilarious that those people have nothing better to do than blast someone else for a repost of all things.....could we nitpick anything smaller??? Come on people....be thankful there are people who are trying to be helpful.....repost or not. :rolleyes:

ITA!! Get over it people. Reposting isn't a federal crime. Posts are done w/good intentions. I know I've posted a few times that have been repost. Maybe we've missed it the first time around. If it weren't for reposts I wouldn't of received a new set of pajamas, several invites to surveys, free coupons, grocery deals, makeup samples, coupon codes for places I like to shop at. Go past reposts, people...what's the big deal? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bliss
03-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I find it hilarious that those people have nothing better to do than blast someone else for a repost of all things.....could we nitpick anything smaller???

It's called not having a life.

Coke Lover, Just ignore it. Some get their bloomers in a buch over the dumbest things.

justme23
03-01-2006, 08:11 PM
I admit I mostly come here for the freebies, but I do go to other parts of the board.

I posted a freebie that was a repost and had done a search but did not find it. The first 5 post's were all blasting me for a repost. I have not really posted anything else or even checked to see if the freebies that come in my mail box are listed. Is that usual for reposts? Some people were pretty brutal and down right mean about it. I am now to the point of thinking of posting again, but not sure if I want to because people were so brutal. Is it just me? Am I being to sensitive? It was my very first posting, can people tell if you are new? Are they extra mean to newbies? Just wanting some understanding.

Thanks

No, they aren't extra mean to newbies... they're just mean. I personally like the ignore list for this very reason... if you can't see it they can't hurt your feelings. :)

Bliss
03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Never thought about the ignore list....Hmmmm...I can put it to some use. (lol)

topcatklaw
03-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Some people are stuck on stupid! ;)

tammy77
03-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Im so sorry that they did that to you.I dont mind reposts.It might be something that I have missed before and if I have done the freebie or whatever it is I just keep scrolling.I think the people who get mad because of reposts are the ones who orignally posted it and dont like people taking credit for something they already found.Its like they are saying dont give that person credit give it to me because I found it first.To me I think its childish.They need to grow up.

Coke_Lover
03-02-2006, 02:00 AM
:p Thanks sooooo much. I know I let it get to more than I should have. They were really mad and mean. Maybe I took it to heart because I really wanted to find a new post and all that. I love going to my mail box because I sign up for the freebies and you never know when they will get there. It is like a little extra love for you. It makes me smile, my hubby no longer gets the mail because he likes to watch me light up when I get a freebie. I buy alot more products of have changed products because I got a sample free. I am mostly a stay at home Mom and only work 15 hours a week, so the trip to the mail box is sometimes my sanity run. Getting out of the house, and then to find a reward there. :D Thanks for the support, when it happens I will think of you all and laugh at the meanies. I didn't think about the ignore button either (lol). Thanks for the support. I can't wait to hear more from you all....... maybe i will go post a re-post just for the heck of it (lol just kidding)

hotwheelstx
03-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Some people are stuck on stupid! ;)

Sorry, I had to comment.....I sprayed Diet Dr. Pepper all over the screen when I read this reply. I was laughing so hard. Hope I didn't wake anybody up in my house. Needless to say some people in this world ARE stuck on STUPID. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks for the laugh..... :o :o :o :o

PrincessArky
03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
I used the ignore button once because this person was always just sooooo ugly and now I cant even remember who it was LOL might still be around but I dont see the posts :)