PDA

View Full Version : Bratz baby dolls....real cute..

Out2Lunch
02-20-2006, 03:47 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I am so glad I have not ever let my dd play with Bratz dolls. Has anyone seen the commercial for the newest baby?? the one that burps????? I was watching it this morning and thought the baby was blowing bubbles....but then at the end, one of the little girls on the commercial takes a drink and then burps. OMG...what are we teaching our children?? OK, we all know that everyone burps, farts etc...but where have the manners gone?? I for one think these dolls are awful.... :mad:

msginna
02-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Are the dolls babys? They always burp and spit up lol. Think that is why the dolls burp. They are imatating (sp?) babies, not adults.

Remember when they had dolls that wet their diapers? lol

Bratz are the thing hear and they irritate me too, but not for that. They kicked barbie out to the curb

Out2Lunch
02-20-2006, 04:09 PM
The dolls are 'called' babys...but I wouldn't call them that! And also, a baby is not burping on the commercial...it is a little girl about 7-9 years old....

I DO understand about baby dolls burping, wetting etc...but IMHO this is NOT the same thing.

msginna
02-20-2006, 04:13 PM
ohhh lol. I do remember getting diapers for dolls lol. Lucky they didn't have a real baby being changed on a commercial!

I do hate how bratz have kicked barbie to the curb too

ahippiechic
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I love Bratz, the normal sized ones. My 4 year old has a lot of them and she likes them she says, because they look and dress like our friends. (Well, our friends don't have really big eyes, but the clothes are the same. :D )

need4free
02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I burp all the time. :p

Actually I have seen these, I buy the Bratz dolls for my neice, I don't care for the dolls myself but her mother has no problem with them and she loves them so I buy them for her. The toy selection I had when I was lil sucked! :rolleyes:

ggawlak
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Sorry, all Bratz dolls are off limits for this household. I find them utterly disgusting in their way-too-revealing clothes and garish, whore-like makeup. I'd shudder if my daughter had friends who looked and dressed like those dolls.

Freebeemom
02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
I refuse to buy them for my dd's. Personally, I hate the fact they wear thongs. At least you can attempt to cover up barbie's boobs. (ugh)....who knows, I am sure it is a double standard, but I don't see barbi as being as bad as bratz. I can't stand them, or the attitude that goes along with them.

msginna
02-20-2006, 06:38 PM
my daughter has one. her friend next door has 20, yes 20, with a horse and all kinds of stuff to go with it.

ahippiechic
02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry, all Bratz dolls are off limits for this household. I find them utterly disgusting in their way-too-revealing clothes and garish, whore-like makeup. I'd shudder if my daughter had friends who looked and dressed like those dolls.

I dress like the Bratz! :D

I wouldn't let my 4 year old dress like that, but once she's an adult, I think the clothes are cool.

okie
02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
My daughter is still a baby but when she gets older I am hoping these dolls will be a thing of the past. My daughter won't be playing with them either.
I agree that they look slutty.

jackbern
02-21-2006, 04:14 AM

I agree, Who would ever dress their REAL baby like that? This just teaches little girls that it is OK to look
sleazy.

Bliss
02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't have any girls. I didn't know what a Bratz doll was until a few moments ago. I must say, those are some freaky looking dolls...

MsLynn
02-21-2006, 05:28 PM
i'm soooooo glad i have boys

ahippiechic
02-21-2006, 06:25 PM
I put red streaks in my DD's hair today and when her dad came to pick her up just now, she said, "look daddy, I have red streaks just like Jade!" (Jade is a Bratz doll.)

Out2Lunch
02-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Im not even going to touch the clothing of the dolls. NOT my taste at all, but to each his own. I guess my whole point of this post was more about the little girl burping on the commercial.....I find that in such bad taste:(

Buslady469
02-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I have no children. BUT I am so glad my nieces are in their teens, and my nephew are all 3 and under!

And if I ever saw a commercial where a child was BURPING, I would fall out of my chair, and find out what company was responsibile for it. That rude, and disgusting.

YankeeMary
02-22-2006, 06:01 AM
i'm soooooo glad i have boys
Me too!!! :D

freebielover
02-22-2006, 06:47 AM
They are pretty bad but 20, 30 years ago people might have thought the same thing about barbies. The way things are going I'm sure these will be more than socially acceptable and the toy companies will come out with something different to shock us. Are we upset because we don't like them or we miss barbie? :)

cinnamonch
02-22-2006, 11:17 AM
im guessing most of you all havent been to the barbie section lately because they now have dolls that can be considered as bad or worse than bratz.

The latest and greatest is the Bling Barbie and she definately looks like she belongs in the redlight district.

ggawlak
02-22-2006, 04:24 PM
im guessing most of you all havent been to the barbie section lately because they now have dolls that can be considered as bad or worse than bratz.

The latest and greatest is the Bling Barbie and she definately looks like she belongs in the redlight district.
Yes, I've seen the Bling Barbie, and she won't be coming home with us, either. :eek: In fact, my daughter (age 7) owns mostly Polly Pockets; I don't think there's a Barbie in the bunch, though that's not necessarily by design.

Willow
02-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I never saw a bling barbie so I went and looked it up. Can you say hoochie mamma. :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/ultraviolet68/blingbarbie.jpg

okie
02-22-2006, 08:20 PM

I haven't looked at the Barbies in a long time but if they look trashy my daughter won't be playing with them either.

annie169
02-22-2006, 10:14 PM
I haven't seen the commercialll but we do have a couple "Bratz" in our house...only because I selected them and made sure they were appropriate. If they're not, my 6 YO daughter usually says "EWWWw...they look like the bad ladies on Law & Order who go to jail for being bad" :eek:

jada1989
02-23-2006, 06:24 AM
(JUST MY OPINION) I cant believe that Bratz and Barbies are causing such a stir!!!!!. :p .....LOL.... :p . My daughters both have about 22 Bratz dolls and about 54 Barbies between the 2 of them and even though they are now too big to play with them I dont think that they Are or Were influenced by playing with the dolls , as a matter of fact My girls wont even wear a bathing suit without shorts on over the bottoms or wear anything that is sleazy. They respect their bodies and they know that the dolls clothing is strictly THAT (Doll clothing). Its all about how we raise them and what we as parents instill in them . As for the burping doll So what :p .......LOL....... :p I know that I taught my kids manners as soon as they started communicating. I dont think a baby doll that burps is a Big issue.....(JUST MY OPINION)........... You would totally freak out if I told you about a doll my mom gave my 14 year old .*(WAS 2 at the time)* When you stuck a bottle in her mouth it made her poopy ....LOL ....*(WARNING Gross Content for some>>>)*:eek: an actual little brownish green turd pops out then when you wipe her it goes back up when your done so you dont see it. unless you feed her again. Then that sucker pops back out.....LOL....So as for the Bratz and Barbies I just say if you dont like them dont buy them ..... Please Dont Hate or Freak Out and go all Postal on me. *( :D Just my opinion)*

Out2Lunch
02-23-2006, 06:39 AM
I think most people are missing my point...Its not the actual doll I am so concerned over. I still chose not to let my dd play with them, but again...to each his own....no biggie!! :D The issue is the COMMERCIAL that promotes this one burping doll....where the LITTLE GIRL burps on the commercial!!??!! Does no one else find this apalling??...aside from the whole Bratz clothing issue?

ggawlak
02-24-2006, 04:49 PM
I think most people are missing my point...Its not the actual doll I am so concerned over. I still chose not to let my dd play with them, but again...to each his own....no biggie!! :D The issue is the COMMERCIAL that promotes this one burping doll....where the LITTLE GIRL burps on the commercial!!??!! Does no one else find this apalling??...aside from the whole Bratz clothing issue?
Yes ... we get it.

Oftentimes in online communications, the original topic meanders into other territory that may or may not be related to the first post. Such is the way of message board banter. I don't think anyone missed your point, but I don't believe anyone had as big an issue with the commercial as you did, either.

Out2Lunch
02-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes ... we get it.

Oftentimes in online communications, the original topic meanders into other territory that may or may not be related to the first post. Such is the way of message board banter. I don't think anyone missed your point, but I don't believe anyone had as big an issue with the commercial as you did, either.

THANK YOU for explaining just how this board works. I dont think I understood until you took time out to explain that to me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ahippiechic
02-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, everyone burps, I'm sure you do too. My 4 year old knows to say 'excuse me' or 'pardon me' afterwards tho.

ahippiechic
02-24-2006, 06:55 PM
THANK YOU for explaining just how this board works. I dont think I understood until you took time out to explain that to me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Panties twisted? :D

ggawlak
02-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Glad you understand that now. I figured you didn't, since you needed to post basically the same thing three times. :rolleyes:

need4free
02-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, everyone burps, I'm sure you do too. My 4 year old knows to say 'excuse me' or 'pardon me' afterwards tho.
I don't say excuse me. lol I don't make apologies
for something that feels good, I am a brat. :p

ahippiechic
02-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Like my son always said, "better it come out that end, as the other!". :D

hotwheelstx
03-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Our neice loves Brazt and yes I will buy them for her if she wants them. She seems to have a parade of them. However, take her shopping for clothes and she won't buy ANYTHING that comes close to dressing like a Bratz or Barbie. She's only 3 but knows the difference. She will be the the first to tell you that they are pretend and "real girls" that she knows shouldn't dress or act like that.

I'm only her aunt. I can't say yes/no to something she's become familiar w/playing with. Give her one of my old baby dolls...no way will she play with them. They're out of date, don't have pretty clothes, not the right hair color, don't do enough to entertain her.

I personally think the Bratz are a little much but look at who the idols are for girls??? Brittney, Christina. Look very similar to me.

justinenycole26
03-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh my goodness! The child actually burped???? What is this world coming to? First it was the gay Teletubbies, then Harry Potter teaching our children about witchcraft, broom riding and dragons, and now a child that burps on TV? That's it, I'm moving to a planet with no TVs. :rolleyes:

mom2cvam
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh my goodness! The child actually burped???? What is this world coming to? First it was the gay Teletubbies, then Harry Potter teaching our children about witchcraft, broom riding and dragons, and now a child that burps on TV? That's it, I'm moving to a planet with no TVs. :rolleyes:

So does this mean that my daughter is going to turn into a burping lesbian riding around on a broom, practicing magick on dragons??? Oh my gawd!! :eek:
Sorry, I couldn't resist! lmao

My girls both play with bratz dolls, neither one of them want to dress like the dolls and neither one of them are acting like they have no manners either. I guess its all a matter of how you raise your kids. ;)

ahippiechic
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
So does this mean that my daughter is going to turn into a burping lesbian riding around on a broom, practicing magick on dragons???

And she'll be dressed like a trashy hoochie momma too! :D

mom2cvam
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
And she'll be dressed like a trashy hoochie momma too! :D
How could I forget that?!?!? lmao :D

justinenycole26
03-11-2006, 09:53 AM
So does this mean that my daughter is going to turn into a burping lesbian riding around on a broom, practicing magick on dragons??? Oh my gawd!! :eek:
Sorry, I couldn't resist! lmao

My girls both play with bratz dolls, neither one of them want to dress like the dolls and neither one of them are acting like they have no manners either. I guess its all a matter of how you raise your kids. ;)

Yes, all of us parents who let our little girls play with whorish dolls must band together and find a place with no bad influences at once. No burping, no hoochie clothes, no gay stuffed animals, no witchcraft.

need4free
03-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Yes, all of us parents who let our little girls play with whorish dolls must band together and find a place with no bad influences at once. No burping, no hoochie clothes, no gay stuffed animals, no witchcraft.
The horror of it all. LMFAO

Does anyone else find the phrase gay stuffed animals really amusing? :p