PDA

View Full Version : Books~~what are YOU Reading??

dlwt
02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I always get such good ideas from these threads. Anyway I just finished The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad about a family in Afganistan, great book, wished it would have been longer, very interseting about their lives.
Just started Memories of a Lost Egypt (a memoir with recipes) by Colette Rossant what I have read very interesting book.
What are you reading??

kyswpgrl
02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia. DH bought me the complete set in one book for my birthday. I'm almost to the end of book 2. :D

Willow
02-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Right now I'm reading Diary of a Mad Housewife. Ever since I joined paper back swap my tbr pile has gotten very long. Sometimes it's hard to decide which book to read next. LOL

socks1211
02-15-2006, 07:12 AM
the first harry ptter book

onionhead
02-23-2006, 09:36 AM
J.D. Robb AKA Nora Roberts.. anything and all

Vee030473
02-23-2006, 02:14 PM
I am reading,"Chicken Soup For the Military Wife's Soul."

dlwt
02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I am into travel books right now, just finished" Expat True Tales of Life Abroad" this is about people moving out of the country for a year or more very interesting. Now I am reading "Sand in my Bra and other misadventures" this is travel stuff as well, some were outright laughing out loud, fun books to read

kyswpgrl
02-24-2006, 07:19 AM
I stopped after book 2 of Chronicles of Narnia. I'm now rereading "If Only it Were True" by Marc Levy because it is very much like the movie "Just Like Heaven", which I bought on DVD this month.

Lora_1994
02-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Sickened by Julie Gregory

Sickened is the memoir of Julie Gregory, who grew up in a backwoods country trailer in southern Ohio. Her mother's life -- lived in desperate isolation -- sought a means to escape by dressing in pastels and running Julie to different doctors. At first it was little things -- headaches, sore throats and the medications they came with -- but eventually Julie's mother was in hot pursuit of a mysterious heart condition and the open heart surgery she was convinced would give it a name. Racing against the clock for the cure, Julie was continually x-rayed, medicated and eventually operated on, all in the vain pursuit of an illness that was created in her mother's mind -- and literally left her own child sickened.

Punctuated with Julie's actual medical records, this memoir re-creates the bizarre cocoon of her family's isolated double-wide, their wild Value City shopping sprees, gun-waving confrontations, and the astonishing naÔvetÈ of medical professionals and social workers. It also exposes the twisted bonds of terror and love that roped Julie's family together -- including the love that made a child willing to sacrifice herself to win her mother's happiness.

cstarlight
02-24-2006, 05:20 PM
The Michigan Murders :eek:

Kaabi
02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm reading Seinlanguage by Jerry Seinfeld. It's basically just a collaboration of all his jokes, some of them I've heard, but some of them I haven't!

rhiannon65
02-27-2006, 11:23 AM
I am re-reading the entire Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind in anticipation of the next book in the series coming out in June (I hope). The last one in the series was Chainfire, the first was Wizard's First Rule.

Very entertaining fantasy series - takes me away from 'real life'.

Chainfire is a the first book of a trilogy within the series.

Wish they'd make movies or a video game from them. DH, DS and several friends have read the books as well. I think I've read the first five at least six times a piece.

I also enjoyed the Vampire series from Anne Rice

Goobie
02-27-2006, 11:54 AM
I just started Marley & Me last night. It's pretty good!

http://www.marleyandme.com/