PDA

View Full Version : I got this in my email

janelle
02-12-2006, 12:04 AM
First of all I am not a Chase customer. If I was I would not give them my ATM pin number without checking this out to be sure it was legit. Something tells me it isn't.

NOW WHO DO I REPORT THIS TO???

Dear Chase Customer

Thank you for submitting the requested information about your account. We have compared the information that you have supplied and the ATM Pin number is not the same as the one in our records.

To ensure that your account is not compromised please login to Chase Internet Banking by clicking this link, verify your identity, your account information and supply a valid ATM Pin number in order to get your acount reactivated by our system.

- Click on: https://chaseonline.chase.com/colappmgr/prospect?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=page_logonform
- Enter your personal information and supply a valid ATM Pin number.
- Verify your identity with Chase

If at any time you require assistance, please contact our Online Account Services customer hotline at 1-800-788-7000 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thank you for using Chase Online Account Services.

Sincerely,
Genevieve Smith - Chase Security Department

kittykat79
02-12-2006, 12:06 AM
i get those from time to time and I am not a chase customer either. I just ignore them.

taz69
02-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Sounds like someone is Phishing - trying to get pin numbers for accounts - I would report it to Chase - just to save some poor soul who DOES have a Chase account and is dumb enough to give them the pin #. Forward or send the e-mail to Chase.

morninglight23
02-12-2006, 07:04 AM
I get those all the time from various banks and credit cards, I have gone to the websites ,to the real ones ,and gotten their email and forwarded the fake email I got, but mostly just ignore them!

Eyore
02-12-2006, 07:49 AM
I found this on the Chase website. It is located at the bottom of the page more , where the phone numbers are.

http://www.chase.com/cm/cs?pagename=Chase/Href&urlname=chase/cc/privacysecurity/reminder

If you have received what you believe is a suspicious or fraudulent e-mail, please forward it to our Fraud Reporting mailbox, abuse@chase.com.

Willow
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I get stuff like that too. I just recently started getting emails that are "allegedly" from people that are asking me questions about items I have for sale on ebay. I haven't sold anything on ebay in months so I know that it's fake. I just delete it.

TexasGal
02-12-2006, 11:47 AM
It is a phishing scam. Forward the email to abuse@chase.com

Never click on a link within these emails or it may compromise your computer.

tracey74
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I got one the other day for wells fargo bank and I've never went thru them nor do we have any in my state that I know of they were saying they were going to close my acct lol(I dont have an acct) anyway I sent it to spoof@wellsfargo.com or something like that

Goobie
02-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Also, if you just place your cursor over the link the real link will pop up and then you can see it's not legit without clicking it.

Buslady469
02-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I have chase, and I HATE THEM...getting ready to switch banks, but I have never got anything like that in the mail....Maybe you should call chase and tell them about the letter you received. Don't know if it will do any good....