PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tax...(kinda long)

Mini
02-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Ugg..I dont even wanna get started on this but I gotta vent/whine. Theres alota people on here so Im sure some of you do your taxes here and if so then you might wanna leave cause imma fuss about em lol Me and my best friend have been working with a Temp service here until we can find us a full time job and we are more then willing to do anything for this money so they had us to go to Liberty to wave for them(for those who dont know, they have people dress up like lady libertys an hold signs an wave an act crazy for cars). Ok first of all EVERY DAY that weve been there weve gotten nothin but attitude from the owner or whoever they are. I think I mentioned this in a post I had before but they made my friend walk 4 corners of a 4 way that was 4 an 5 lanes wide.. Yeah right. Then this past Sunday it was like 20 degrees and snowing and the wind was blowing and there was still snow an stuff on the road when we got there. We worked for an hour an 45 mins? and we couldnt take it anymore I had one of the heads on an the snow was blowin in those pin holes into my eyes an they were burnin. They shouldnt have made us work anyways I was right at the road I was scared one of those cars was gonna slide on that snow an right into me. Then today we had to work 8 hours and your SUPPOSE to get 15 min break for every 4 hours or more if the weather is bad or somethin so we was pose to get 2 plus a 30 min lunch. And it was COLD today. They didnt even give us hand warmers until 12pm and they dont give ya gloves so if you aint got any you outta luck. They made me put on one of the big costumes which is not made for a girl an it made my shoulders hurt like heck I refused to put that thing back on. Then at the end of the day they b***ed at us for not smiling and for taking to many breaks. I took 3 all day..1 to use the bathroom 1 to take in something someone brought to us and 1 to warm my feet up some. It even says in black an white on the wall if the weather is bad you get more breaks. And I tried my best not to go inside but I had a shirt an 2 jackets plus their costume an 2 pairs of gloves on and I was STILL froze so thats how cold it was. I mean I burnt my palms from keeping that hand warmer in there for to long but I wasnt gonna take it out!! Its suppose to snow tomorrow but I aint workin if it is an I aint workin there anymore after Friday Im not puttin up with it anymore. I prolly left some stuff out but oh well Im just mad

IthinkNOT!
02-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I'd be mad too! There is no call to even ask you to stay out in the cold all day and not even take a break, and then the bad attitude on top of it? Nope, not me. Did the temp agency know the conditions when they sent you there??

sea-shell
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
You won't get an arguement out of me - I wouldn't go back either.

dena_darling
02-09-2006, 03:48 AM
I don't see how you can keep doing it. I'm in SC and have seen that they are hiring. But you only get paid $6 hr and you have to wear the costumes and prepare peoples taxes. So you are doing 2 jobs for $6.

Mini
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't see how you can keep doing it. I'm in SC and have seen that they are hiring. But you only get paid $6 hr and you have to wear the costumes and prepare peoples taxes. So you are doing 2 jobs for $6.

We dont do that here. You do one or the other. Here the wavers get paid $7 an hour but the tax people get paid less then that. Now I know why. Its not worth the $7 trust me. We went to work today out there an it was colder then it was yesterday an plus it was snowin so we left at 1030 an they got all po'd about it an told us not to even bother comin in tomorrow. Oh well.

IthinkNOT!
02-10-2006, 04:17 AM
I thought of you earlier today, went by a liberty tax in the next town over from me, and there was a waving statue of liberty. complete with gloves and headphones! Of course it's not but in the 40's here, thats not bad. hope things are working out better for you now!

kyswpgrl
02-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Of course it's not but in the 40's here, thats not bad.

Maybe not if you're walking to and from your car, but can you imagine standing outside for 8 hours in that?!? Especially with the wind blowing, it will feel MUCH less than 40. Lord knows I wouldn't even make it an hour. LOL

katencody
02-10-2006, 02:26 PM
There is a Liberty Tax right by a chinese place where we eat a lot. We went a few weeks ago and saw a statue of liberty guy out there. It was raining hard too! I felt bad for him, but he actually looked like he was having a good time yelling and screaming woohoo get your taxes done with Liberty. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience and that they were such jerks.

IthinkNOT!
02-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I rang bells for the Salvation Army Christmas before last. To me the days that it was in the 40's was pure heavan. Cause we had a cold winter then. I had to scrape ice off my glasses on some days. Of course we were allowed to take breaks whenever needed, and I was in front of the wal-mart, and there radio grill gave us free coffee. Days in the 40's meant I only had to wear 2 pairs of pants, compared to the usual 3.