PDA

View Full Version : Lightspeed Rewards Page CHANGED!

vieprivee
02-03-2006, 03:46 PM
It appears that their rewards page has changed and LOTS more rewards are added(and amount of points for rewards have gone UP). HOWEVER I want to cash out for CASH and I can't find such a reward. Am I just missing it or is it gone? THANKS for your help!!

chasity43
02-03-2006, 06:14 PM
yeah, cash is gone, but they have paypal. Maybe it won't take as long to get that way. I looked thru all the other rewards and it seems to be a bunch of crap, high points wanted for their crap, but I didn't see anything other than paypal or amazon that would interest me.

The paypal option ain't that great either, I took an interactive survey the other night for 5000 points figuring $50 cool. But the paypal is $40 for 4600 points, that doesn't seem all that fair.

vieprivee
02-03-2006, 07:15 PM
THANKS, chasity43, for your reply. I am VERY disappointed that the cash reward is gone. I thought the same thing when I took part in the 5000 point interactive as well, that it would be $50 in cash. Guess Amazon and Paypal is our best bet. BUT I DO HOPE that they send us all the checks we are owed..they owe me three now from as far back as the end of November. I am not a happy camper! :(

sojourn4me
02-04-2006, 07:25 AM
I recall reading last year that after December they were raising the amount needed for 10 bucks from 1000 points to 1150. I just saw now the changes to the rewards page and of course paypal might make it alot faster since they usually took at least 6 weeks to pay by check but with their low points for long surveys it looks like everyone will score less rewards and Lightspeed is going to have less active participants since this sucks. But there are still other good ones although a shame since they were really good just 3 years ago

vieprivee
02-04-2006, 10:43 AM
sojourn4me, I remember that they said the point amount would go up for cash but now there is no cash award! :( Paypal is really not as good as cash for me, at least. ANYWAY, you are so right about Lightspeed. OH WELL! :rolleyes:

chasity43
02-04-2006, 12:22 PM
vieprivee, ?? for you. The 5000 point interactive, did you take that on Monday? It's my first interactive with them and I was wondering how long it takes to get those points credited? They've cheated me out of points quite a few times already and there's no way I want to get cheated out of those points. I've taken surveys for 300 pts and they gave me 75. Or another time was for a 150 pts and at the end I got nothing.

vieprivee
02-04-2006, 04:22 PM
vieprivee, ?? for you. The 5000 point interactive, did you take that on Monday? It's my first interactive with them and I was wondering how long it takes to get those points credited? They've cheated me out of points quite a few times already and there's no way I want to get cheated out of those points. I've taken surveys for 300 pts and they gave me 75. Or another time was for a 150 pts and at the end I got nothing.

Seems we must have taken the same interactive(although this is the first interactive I ever took and there was really NO interaction!) I have never had a problem getting the correct number of points credited(sometimes survey points have never been credited for me and they never respond to my emails so I never get the points at all!) but it has taken forever to have interactive points credited. After 6 weeks and points are not credited I begin writing 2-3 times a week. I never get an answer but after about a month the points are finally credited. THEN it would take another 6-8 weeks to get a check, a total of five months before getting the reward.

So, chasity43, keep after them for the points and I DO HOPE you EVENTUALLY will get them, as I have! :o

PrincessArky
02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
well they still havent given me my 2000 points so I hope you all have much better luck

oreo390
02-05-2006, 01:48 AM
I never got 2000 they owed me either. They claim it was paid but that was for something else and they won't give me my points for the innie!
They just stink!

PrincessArky
02-05-2006, 08:08 AM
I never got 2000 they owed me either. They claim it was paid but that was for something else and they won't give me my points for the innie!
They just stink!

yep I know exactly what you mean.........I havent ever had a problem until now I got one response to my email saying it would take 4 to 6 wks cause they thought it was an interactive which I dont but anyway I havent gotten anything from them since then.........I have started emailing them daily now but just about ready to give it up :(

sojourn4me
02-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Its funny cause last year after waiting forever for a check I started to call them on phone and every day got a receptionist who said no one could help me there and to email Lauren and I said I did but apparently she isnt answering these emails and I said I want to speak to someone who is going to listen and assist me and I called back every single day for 10 days and finally she got so flustered she went and got someone who told her to tell me the check will be mailed tomorrow and apparently it was finally mailed to me after that but it just isnt worth the hassle for 10 lousy bucks and now I will take the surveys but never knock my brains out and really sort of feel I am wasting my time even though I have a paypal account so can get paid readily if miserly.

Bonita
02-06-2006, 08:36 AM
I am waiting since November for a check. They no longer answer emails and calling them is useless. I finally filed a complaint with the better buusiness bureau. I have had to restort to this with other companies and gotten paid.

bbb.org

Lightspeed Research
180 Mount Airy Road
Siute 100
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Bonbonely
02-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Dang! I've been saving for a cordless playstation controller, now it's not there. :-(

SLance68
02-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I went on Lightspeed's site on Friday 2/3/06 and applied for $ 15.00 through PayPal. I just received notice TODAY 2/6/06 that it was in my paypal account. It might be a better way to go if you have a paypal account. It does take paypal 3 business days to transfer it from your paypal account to your checking account.

I was really surprised it went so fast I figured it would take a couple of weeks to get processed by Lightspeed. When it showed up in my paypal account it said it was from Perks.com.

chasity43
02-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I got my 5000 pts today, not bad, just over a week since the interactive. I cashed out right away for $40 paypal and $10 amazon, only cost me 5700 pts to equal $50. This new system sucks.

chasity43
02-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Didn't even take them half an hour and I had the amazon gc in my email, now just waiting on the paypal. They sure seem to be faster now.

vieprivee
02-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I got my 5000 pts today, not bad, just over a week since the interactive. I cashed out right away for $40 paypal and $10 amazon, only cost me 5700 pts to equal $50. This new system sucks.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting! I am flabbergasted that the points are there for me too! JUST WISH I could cash out for CASH but I guess I will ahve to settle for PayPal or something else.

I am STILL in shock that the points have been posted! GOOD SHOCK! :D

djh5561
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
did anyone see the alert if they canot contact you by the phone number listed you will not get rewrd ? i ordered an email amazon I hope they dont try to call at the number listed I make a habit of NEVER giving my phone number to points programs? any one have success gettng and email amazon with teh incorrect phone number? thanks

chasity43
02-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I have my right # on mine but they didn't call. I cashed in yesterday for paypal and an amazon gc, I had the amazon gc in my inbox within 30 minutes. So i wouldn't worry too much about it.

Joanbug
02-08-2006, 11:50 AM
that you can use like a regular debit card. That way you don't have to wait the 3 days for the money to get to your bank. I got mine a long time ago & I love it.

PrincessArky
02-09-2006, 04:31 AM
after emailing them I would guess 30 or more times I finally got my 2000 pts :)

chasity43
02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I got the $40 paypal in my account yesterday, so the amazon gc didn't even take a half hour and the paypal took a day. Lot faster than what they were doing

PrincessArky
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
cool deal hopefully my paypal will be here soon cause I sure dont trust them anymore after all the emails I had to send to get my points

rosiesbrat
02-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Is there anywhere on the awards page a place to click to see everything via point level like on Milesource, or do you have to choose each reward separately to see how many points you'd need for it?