PDA

View Full Version : Oh darn it

PrincessArky
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
As some of you might remember my husband and I bought an older mobile home to attach to the one we already have for more space........we set up delivery 3 1/2 wks ago, last night when steve called the guy he said he had fogotten but would call today and come see the place (in case there is something that we need to do in order to get it in) well steve called him and the guy just said that something came up and he would try to come see the place tomorrow or saturday.........I am so disappointed. Steve had scheduled the day off and my brother even took off just so we could be ready for any problem that came up.......keep your fingers crossed as we have another call in to a lady that MIGHT be able to move it tomorrow and if not on Monday.......of course my brother wont be here then but hopefully it will go smoothly

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-02-2006, 07:12 PM
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for a smooth move :)

tsquared
02-02-2006, 07:40 PM
As some of you might remember my husband and I bought an older mobile home to attach to the one we already have for more space........we set up delivery 3 1/2 wks ago, last night when steve called the guy he said he had fogotten but would call today and come see the place (in case there is something that we need to do in order to get it in) well steve called him and the guy just said that something came up and he would try to come see the place tomorrow or saturday.........I am so disappointed. Steve had scheduled the day off and my brother even took off just so we could be ready for any problem that came up.......keep your fingers crossed as we have another call in to a lady that MIGHT be able to move it tomorrow and if not on Monday.......of course my brother wont be here then but hopefully it will go smoothly
All i can say is .......she must be one tough lady to move a mobile home by herself..........would love to see the biceps on her....lol
Hey things will work out and might be an even better deal for you.........one never knows what is in store for us.........Things will work out.

PrincessArky
02-02-2006, 09:10 PM
thanx guys........the lady said that she will know at 9 am if she can do it tomorrow or not but if she cant then it will be Monday forsure (heard that before lol).......I wont let the other guy do it simply because I feel he has lied to us in the past and if I was able to trust after being lied to I would still be married to my first husband LOL

ang in NC
02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Hope and pray it goes well.

Willow
02-03-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm sorry the guy wasn't able to make it when he said he would. I was just curious how you go about attaching two mobile homes together.

PrincessArky
02-03-2006, 07:42 AM
well the lady will know at 9am if the other job is forsure falling throught (how sad we have to hope someone's plans fall apart so we can get ours) BUT it is now raining so it isnt looking so good :( just the icing on the cake as I had about 2 hours sleep last night because of my son :(

Patchouli, normally ppl put them side by side BUT when my husband had them put this one in (I was off getting the kids from school in another town at that time) the way that I didnt want.....we cant add on to the front because of the sewer lines and tank.........we cant the back because we would have to move the AC (which we were told would start at 400) and the electric pole with the meter.........so we are actually going to T it off the living room.........sounds really strange I know but it will give the older kids lots more privacy and us to I hope LOL

PrincessArky
02-06-2006, 06:58 AM
would you believe that the lady called us saturday at 7 am to tell us it would be today.......she never showed up to get the house.........the dealership is going to talk with the guy that does theirs and hopefully get us a discount on the 2000 they normally charge

Anthill
02-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh Man I feel your pain, I know what you are going thru. We bought a house in DEC. and what started out as just a few touchups has turned into the Money pit. For 3 weekends we have been waiting for this Electrician to show up. Each Saturday he would call and say oh yeah I am coming today and then we would wait and wait. He finally came Sunday afternoon, left his tools and swore that he would be here by 9am monday morning didn't show up till almost 2:30pm. If he didn't come high recommended, if he wasn't a GREAT electricain and wasn't giving us a great deal we would have gotten another guy in. BUT this house is costing us a fortune so every little bit helps and he is really being helpful when he is there. So I hope everything works out for you

JANBAB
02-07-2006, 03:57 AM
I was wondering how much it costs to move a trailer. $2000? I better start saving some extra money. We just paid ours off, and it is sitting on 17 acres of land that we have to move it from. Have to find land first, glad I saw approx how much it costs to get it moved. Good luck on everything youa re trying to do!

PrincessArky
02-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I was wondering how much it costs to move a trailer. $2000? I better start saving some extra money. We just paid ours off, and it is sitting on 17 acres of land that we have to move it from. Have to find land first, glad I saw approx how much it costs to get it moved. Good luck on everything youa re trying to do!

well you want to shop around and of course find better ppl than we have LOL the dealership where we got the old one from normally charges $2000 and we have estimates from $850 to $1600 of course NONE of the lower priced ones ever show up like the say so I guess you really do get what you pay for just cant afford to sink more money into it just to get it here cause we expect to spend about 2000 to fix all the cosmetic stuff inside

we still dont know if the dealership is going to be able to help us but at least the salemans sort of acts like he gives a mess so that might be a good sign

VALENA-)45
02-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I hope you find somebody soon. Good luck.

PrincessArky
02-07-2006, 11:21 AM
thanx guys for all your thoughts.........nice to have friends on here :)

freeplease
02-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Those movers sound A LOT like roofers. I called 7-yes 7 roofers to come out to give me an estimate. Like they advertise in their ads, I might ad :rolleyes: .

Only 2 actually showed up. One thought he was roofing the Taj Mahal, I guess. We went with the other one. BECAUSE HE SHOWED UP. Ahhhh. :rolleyes:

PrincessArky
02-08-2006, 04:56 AM
yep it seems like there is no such thing as customer service anymore still havent heard from the woman BUT the dealer told us that someone did show up saturday sat on the lot for a few mins then left........she had already been there earlier in the week so I dont have a clue what happened.......last I heard the guy that works for the dealership is going to get it done but of course havent heard that from him personally and no idea when or if.......but hubby did tell the dealer that if I cant get it moved I was pulling it to the middle of the lot and setting the darn thing on fire LOL

PrincessArky
02-09-2006, 11:06 AM
woohoo got the thing delivered just a few mins ago.........looks like we are finally cooking with gas :)

luvangel72
02-09-2006, 12:57 PM
woohoo got the thing delivered just a few mins ago.........looks like we are finally cooking with gas :)
Yaayyyy! Congrats to you and good luck getting everything situated. I hope it didn't end up costing you a fortune to finally get it there!

PrincessArky
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Yaayyyy! Congrats to you and good luck getting everything situated. I hope it didn't end up costing you a fortune to finally get it there!

they felt sorry for us.......they dropped it off as close to ours as possible for $600 now we have to still block it up ourselves but thats ok.....I have already gotten all the carpet and tiles up and of course all the little trash left over from the last owners lol

Shann
02-16-2006, 11:32 PM
good to hear that it turned out all right :) I hate when crap like that happens, ppl need to learn responsibility, it's unbelievable how dopey some ppl are. :rolleyes:

PrincessArky
02-26-2006, 07:12 AM
good to hear that it turned out all right :) I hate when crap like that happens, ppl need to learn responsibility, it's unbelievable how dopey some ppl are. :rolleyes:

exactly......seems with all the FEMA work in the state that none of them needed the money so it made it even harder

IthinkNOT!
02-26-2006, 07:50 AM
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what all is involved with attaching 2 trailers together? How complicated is it to attach them? I am considering doing this for my Mom and I. I am planning on moving us into something of our own,but it will probably be small, so I figured at first just build an addition, but maybe the whole other trailer would be better. We'd each have our own space, but still be close enough if we needed each other.

PrincessArky
03-01-2006, 05:47 AM
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what all is involved with attaching 2 trailers together? How complicated is it to attach them? I am considering doing this for my Mom and I. I am planning on moving us into something of our own,but it will probably be small, so I figured at first just build an addition, but maybe the whole other trailer would be better. We'd each have our own space, but still be close enough if we needed each other.

well this is one of those things that most ppl put side by side so the ones that I know that have got them as close to each other as possible and only made one opening in each trailer, the foot or so that was between them they framed up (sort of like you would do in a door way) they didnt have to add any wall because they used the ones already there you have to make sure that the little additon that joins them is nice and water sealed then they build a roof over the top of them to make them look alot nicer.

In our case we didnt have the room to go that route because of the barn, the satelite, and the ac unit so ours is in the shape of a t (or will be once we get the other one fixed up then we will connect them) we are just going to cut out a hole in our living room and one in the kitchen (soon to be my dining room) of the older home ours is going to be a bit odd I am sure to most ppl but we got the thing for $1500 moved for $600 friends are gonna block it up for $100 and we THINK we can get the thing fixed up for about 2500 which is alot cheaper than the double wide that we cant afford now we will have the space that we need for us and 4 kids lol