PDA

View Full Version : How Cheap

stickers
01-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Had to say this, I noticed that many people here complain about the ads etc. not knowing how much it is costing the owner of this site to keep it going so they can see stuff for free.

It's the only way they make a living and people come here daily to visit and don't pay a dime.

I just thought it was a bit cheezy to complain about the ads.

ahippiechic
01-29-2006, 03:02 AM
I know a lot about how much it costs to run a place like this. Still don't like the ads. But I don't see any of them now anyway.

Alex doesn't care how much we b**** anyway, he never looks. :D He has other 'ventures' to make his living with, he's not dependant on the income from this freebie board. He says this place isn't a 'priority' any longer.

There is a reason why this section is called 'vent/whine'. ;)

Quaker_Parrots
01-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Alex is a "millionaire" from his ad ventures. He has also made a bunch from selling our info here. I don't think it would hurt him to remove the ads from here seeing he makes lots of money elsewhere.

Read this and then tell me you feel sorry for him: http://www.azoogleads.com/az/new/news/press.php?pid=May%2029th,%202005

sea-shell
01-29-2006, 03:21 PM
That is insane.

buttrfli
01-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Alex is a "millionaire" from his ad ventures. He has also made a bunch from selling our info here. I don't think it would hurt him to remove the ads from here seeing he makes lots of money elsewhere.

Read this and then tell me you feel sorry for him: http://www.azoogleads.com/az/new/news/press.php?pid=May%2029th,%202005

He also makes lots of money here.. this is his business. If you owned a profitable business, would you stop what was making you money because a few people complained about it?? I sure wouldn't.

99% of the furums on the net have ads... I don't know why people expect this one to not have any.

ahippiechic
01-29-2006, 03:53 PM
He also makes lots of money here.. this is his business. If you owned a profitable business, would you stop what was making you money because a few people complained about it?? I sure wouldn't.

99% of the furums on the net have ads... I don't know why people expect this one to not have any.

I DO expect there to be ads here, despite his promises long ago. Like i said, I don't see them. But I really don't think he cares if we complain about them.

Freebeemom
01-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Ad's, I don't have a problem with...but Sexually explicit ones, I do....and viruses....I do. (I personally was not hit with them, thank GOD). I don't really care either way if he made money or not, the point is that there should be appropriate ads for the website, and the sexual ones are not....jmo

need4free
01-29-2006, 08:14 PM

LMAO Too bad the folks who work here don't see a cut of any of that.

I don't know what "info" of mine he could be selling though. :confused:

stickers
02-02-2006, 01:49 AM
OH ok...

I heard that he actually was going under which is why other sites of his closed down and the only thing that made him money was this board.

3lilpigs
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Well, if there weren't ads here, then i imagine we would have to pay to use this site. I know of another site where you have to pay for membership.
You actually have to PAY to get (certain) contests and sweeps! :rolleyes: The funny thing is, the ones that everyone pays for......i see her for free! lol :D

If you have a good ad blocker, you wont see the ads.

As for selling information...I'm sure it can happen to any of us. We're all 'GIVING' away our information freely on here. Especially when it comes to samples.......how many of those sites really are legit?? Half the ones i see posted, I never heard of.

And as for virus's.....I've never had a problem with that.

ahippiechic
02-03-2006, 06:19 PM
OH ok...

I heard that he actually was going under which is why other sites of his closed down and the only thing that made him money was this board.

Which other sites of Alex's closed?

Willow
02-03-2006, 06:35 PM
OH ok...

Where are you getting your information from? LOL

stickers
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
He has a site up now, but for over a year, i tried to access it and it was always giving me a generic site instead of his bigbigsavings one.

I went to a verasign site that said it came back around october of 2005 but was down for over a year since july 2004.

I wondered if he would ever come back, I looked for the longest time and decided to go elsewhere.

I noticed that his link to big big savings was even taken off the forum for a long time. Wasn't sure if he sold the forum to someone else or not.

ahippiechic
02-07-2006, 06:32 PM
These forums ARE Big Big Savings. http://69.93.183.37/html/emoticons/unsure.gif And even tho it used to go down quite often, it's never been down for a year. A week, maybe.

I noticed that his link to big big savings was even taken off the forum for a long time. Wasn't sure if he sold the forum to someone else or not.
What forums???

stickers
02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
this forum

Willow
02-11-2006, 06:12 PM
this forum

This site was never down for over a year. It's been down for a few days at the most.

ahippiechic
02-11-2006, 08:53 PM
These forums ARE Big Big Savings. http://69.93.183.37/html/emoticons/unsure.gif And even tho it used to go down quite often, it's never been down for a year. A week, maybe.

You must have this site confused with somewhere else.

sea-shell
02-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Now I'm confused :confused:

Snooty
02-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I know for a fact that it does help in some small or large way to have ads on a forum. Not the huge obnoxious ones or the Sexually explicit. Every little bit does help. :)

CatrinaF25
02-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I am a member of the other site.. where you can pay for premium membership and Imust say I LOVE IT!! but i do live this site as well.. I also gotta say they DO have more sweeps then here.

stickers
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
What other site? Have come here since bigbigsavings.com and it was the only one then (about 4-5 or more years), never heard of other site they owned.