PDA

View Full Version : Used humidifier?

freeplease
01-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I got a humidifier at Wal Mart yesterday.
Yeah, I have one up in the attic. But did I mention, it's IN THE ATTIC? DH is out of town, and the ladder weighs as much as I do. So I figure I'll save myself the trouble, and just buy a $20 humidifier at the mart. I got it home, and the darn thing looked dirty! I guess it was white under all the filth, but who can tell. So, as it was 9 p.m. I decided to throw caution to the wind, wipe it down, and try it. My daughter's cough wasn't going to get any better without it.

I filled it, plugged it in, and nothing. Well, not nothing. It made a loud odd noise, and nothing. Guess who got to go back to WM at 7:45 this morning? You guessed it. Guess who has to wrestle the ladder up in to the attic opening? You guessed it.

And customer service couldn't have cared less. And I was actually nice! At 7:45 in the morning!

JKATHERINE
01-25-2006, 09:48 AM
I hear ya. They're freakin' shameless! Dh exchanged the free Senseo coffee machine that we got recently because it was blue and we wanted black. So he gets home with the black one, I open it, and it had most obviously been used. It was dirty and everything was a mess. Needless to say, we returned it the next day. They didn't even care.

kyswpgrl
01-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, what exactly could customer service do for you? They can offer you a refund, but that's about the extent of their involvement. Sorry about your experience though.

JKATHERINE
01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
They can also offer an appology and seem sincere about it. Of course, that's just too darn much to ask of retail workers theses days, it seems. :(

kyswpgrl
01-25-2006, 10:08 AM
That's what I'm saying...places like that where they sell SO much stuff and have a huge turnaround rate on employees, you aren't going to get specialized service. They aren't going to apologize for something that they don't see as their fault. Yes, the returns need to be checked more thoroughly, but they probably had someone say they received it for Christmas and never opened it, blah blah. Or maybe it just got put in the wrong cart. I'm not going to blame the CS Rep for something they most likely had no control over. *shrugs*

freeplease
01-25-2006, 10:30 AM
The customer service gal opened the box and looked at the humidifier. If they had done that when it was returned the first time, I wouldn't have ended up with a dirty non-working machine. And I don't mean not saying sorry about that. I mean, she didn't say anything. I know it was early, but if I can form words, it can't be that difficult.

buttrfli
01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Walmart is evil anyhow...

They don't even have "customer service" ... just a bunch of people in blue smocks who stand around and know absolutely nothing .. thats how it is here anyhow.

One of the news stations did an undercover thing at our local walmart about 2 years ago (it was re: customer service) and the people they delt with were complete morons... didn't shock me one bit.

Buslady469
01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Our Wal-Mart has a bunch of high school kids who dont give a hoot, and a bunch of old, cranky people, who are just as bad....the only people who are nice at my Wal-Mart are the front door greeters.....and they are all clueless as to where things are in the store....all I care about is dog food and tampons..other than that I have no use for wal-mart

Freebeemom
01-31-2006, 06:18 AM
Not surprised at all. I have a family member who returns stuff that is defective...buys a new one, swaps for the new box and reciept and gets her money back. It drives me crazy, and becase of these actions, I don't talk to her anymore. I have purchased items that are broken as well. DH just bought a digital camera and lo and behold...came home, opened the box and it wasn't there! I was shocked they gave him a new one without batting an eye. This has happened with vcr's (namebrand ones), childrne's games missing pieces etc. I am very disappointed with Wal Mart AND people like my family member who returns broken items instead of just biting the bullet and buying a new one!!

MsLynn
01-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, what exactly could customer service do for you? They can offer you a refund, but that's about the extent of their involvement. Sorry about your experience though.

they could check the product that someone else obviously returned before they re-seal it and put it back on the shelves.

I love most of the people at our walmart. i'm glad we don't have the horror stories ya'll do

mrssnoop1
01-31-2006, 09:27 AM
There is a chance that item was not a return at that store. I work for Wal-Mart and somtimes one store sends a pallet of things they have no place for. Could be anything on it, maybe even your item. If that's the case they would not have known it was used. Dirty trick i Know, but it happens. As far as the customer service rep, I agree with you 100%. We have one in our store that is so rude and she talks so everyone can here your business. I'm a cashier there and I hate to work with this one young kid. When it gets busy he will walk away and actually go to another cashier and start talking to her about what she did the night before. The other day I was wondering why I was having such a big line cause everyone tells me how fast I am at checking. I looked out there and here was this kid dirceting everyone to my line instead of checking people out. The CSMs didn't do anything about it cause they were to busy talking to each other.

buglebe
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
People rush to Walmart to get a sale or just to save money. After most of the other businesses have lost their store and business then these same people want to complain about Walmart. Do you know that Walmart is one of the worst employers in the company, I have gathered this knowledge from reading about Walmart's tactics. Many of their employees are not making enought to stay off welfare and medicaid. Would you smile or would you just take the product and shove the refund across the counter. It would be nice to be polite but no apology from me. Of course without returns those particular people wouldn't have a job!!! Nope I don't know any Walmart employee personally. I just know what I have read and we, the tax payer are paying for these people to receive their assistance from the government. Who is the winner here? Walmart.

mom2cvam
02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I must live in an area that is lucky enough to have two decent walmarts. I've never had to deal with an unpolite, rude or snotty customer service rep or cashier at our walmarts. If I can't find something I have no problem finding someone that is more than willing to help me find it and they are always very nice about it. I know that our walmarts check the items that come back in because they do it right away. I've never bought anything from there and gotten home to find out it was used or yucky. I'm sorry that you have such a crummy walmart by you. Not all of them are bad. :o As far as not making enough to stay off welfare, I know quite a few people that work at walmart and I've yet to hear them complain about their job. They may have a bad day but so does everyone else no matter where they work. The walmarts around here pay the same (if not more) as other stores do. You don't work at walmart expecting to make alot of money. JMO :o