PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

buttrfli
01-18-2006, 08:55 AM
I just have to say.. I love Simon LOL

I had such a great laugh last night :D

I never watch the entire show, just the beginning (where the freaks are) and then the last 2 or 3.

migirlfriday
01-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I can't say that I love him, but he did give me a few laughs last night along with some of the performances. I am the same also, I only watch the beginning of the season and after the actual competition starts, I only catch a few of them. I do feel bad for some of those people that really think they can sing, and maybe some of the bad ones could sing but were too nervous. I have to give them kudos for being brave enough to try, talent or no talent.

Donnagg123
01-18-2006, 04:30 PM
I am the same. I only watch the beginning parts. I did think it was unfair that simon didn't give that statue of liberty guy a chance to sing.

cathych
01-21-2006, 06:15 AM
I can't believe some of these people really think that they can sing, & get mad & cuss at everybody when they are not chosen. When you audition in show business, you do not make every cut, it is just a job interview. Happens every year. Some of these kids have a lot of growing up to do.

Surfergal
01-22-2006, 08:38 AM
I can't believe some of these people really think that they can sing, & get mad & cuss at everybody when they are not chosen. ...

I always wonder what happens when they see themselves on tv later. do they realize they cannot sing? or after they make a scene for not being chosen. are they embarrised? Do they have any control over what is shown or not? I almost think some of the people must have real mental problems, and the show is maybe taking advantage of them.

suzski
01-24-2006, 11:25 AM
I know someone who knew someone who auditioned a few years back (how's that for 6 degrees of separation?). Anyway, they are auditioned by another group of judges before going before the Trio (Paula, Randy and Simon). This girl was a music student at a private college, and was talented, but did not get to audition in front of the Trio. I'm betting that they must sign a waiver if they do get into that audition....and you know that the first group of judges is throwing a lot of bad in with the good (which makes for good ratings).

I gave up on watching anything other than the very beginning a few years ago when it stopped being a talent show and became a popularity contest. :(

Steena
02-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Did anyone watch lastnight? Although somewhat humerous, I can't believe Simon gets away with such verbal abuse. He was very cruel to the one girl who looked ridiculous with 2 blonde braids and very tight red pants. After she left the room, he commented that her bottom half was like a sack of potatoes: I think I can stuff just one more potato in there! OMG.

Donnagg123
05-10-2006, 09:34 AM
OMG I can't believe they thought elliot was good. I thought he was okay and I thought Chris was okay. I thought Taylor was really good, but surprisingly I thought Katherine was the best. Yes she did flub up a line, but this is the most fire I have seen her put out this whole season! I liked it!

suzski
05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Actually I think Elliott did an amazing job..... and I had him pegged to be the one going home this week before the show. I have always believed that it would come down to Chris or Katherine (although Taylor is awesome he doesn't have that "Idol" look), but I do believe that either Chris or Katherine will be going home.

Steena
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
As Elliott was performing, I was thinking that he wasn't that great, but I wasn't familiar with that particular Elvis song, so that may have had something to do with it. I was surprised to hear the trio give him a big thumbs up. They can definitely influence the viewers, don't you think?

I believe that it will be Elliott or Taylor to go next. I think Taylor is kind of an underdog, and that's why I'm supporting him, but I'm sure it will be Chris and Katherine as the final two.

***Suzski, hope you're right about Elliott! (He's an underdog too)

cathych
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I have seen Randy Jackson on 2 tv shows, & on both of them he said that he thought that Chris would win. He said that Eliot was good, but that he did not have the charisma that Chris did. It was funny, I saw Roseanne on Ellen Degeneres, & she that Katherine would stay just because she was a scientologist, & that "those people would keeping calling in". I finally got in last night to vote, & voted for Chris. I started dialing just as soon a Ryan said the lines were open.

Surfergal
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh my! Chris? goodbye?!

swan0002
05-11-2006, 12:43 AM
I really thought this would be the year of the ROCKER!! :mad:
What a letdown!

Steena
05-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Complete shock. I thought weeks ago that Chris would probably win this. It has been speculated that Katherine would be the one to go lastnight.....Still can't believe it.

DBackFan
05-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Go Taylor!!