PDA

View Full Version : Teenager goes to Beruit w/out parents knowing!

taz69
01-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Am I the only one who is wondering how a teen manages to get all the way to Bagdad without his parents knowlege? Where did he come up with the money to finance this trip????? As a teen, he has that kind of money just laying around to use? They shouldn't be making him such a "hero" on the news, parents should have him locked down!

Tisky67
01-03-2006, 06:13 AM
are you talking about the kid who went to Baghdad ?

Personally, I think the parents should have made him pay to get back himself, just like he got over there, not have our government rescue him.

NoFoolPrice
01-03-2006, 06:59 AM
I heard that he cashed in his 'stocks' and his college savings to travel there, don't know if it's true. I'd like to know how he got through security - I'm guessing he must have had a passport as he has dual citizenship, but it seems his age should have set off some alarms. It is rather comical thinking about grounding your kid for going to Baghdad though, here I'm worried about my daughter sneaking out to meet boys, a trip to a foreign country never occurred to me!

Bliss
01-03-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/01/teen.iraq/

taz69
01-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Did mean bagdad T - thanks for noticing, not enough coffee when I first posted/lol

dv8grl
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
LOL - He went to Beruit too!

Buslady469
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
What I would like to know is how does a 16 year kid purchase an airline ticket, and never get questioned????? I mean, it's not unusual for children to travel alone, but to Kuwait??? Come on now, someone at the airlines didn't think that it was strange for a 16 year boy to get on a plane headed to Kuwait????

That just shows you how well people are paying attention to things these days! JMO

iluvmybaby
01-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Leave him there if he wanted to go so bad :p Everyone in the entire world longs to live in the USA, I think all of the ppl that complain about how they dont want to live here SHOULD be shipped to third world countries and then see how lucky they are to be living in the land of the free