PDA

View Full Version : Is this person FOR REAL??

disneymom
12-23-2005, 01:31 PM
I am so sick of being scammed it is making me SICK! I made a trade with someone back around halloween. I still havent gotten it. So I emaile dthem this:

To: XXX@zoominternet.net
Date: Dec 13, 2005 11:38 AM
Subject: OUR TRADE!
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

Hello, I have emailed you SEVERAL times with no response. At this time, Iw ould like a full refund to:
XXX@ptdprolog.net It has been 2 months since our trade happened., MY daughter will bearly fit into these now.. PLease refund my money.

to which seh replied:
Not a problem.

JoAnn

on dec. 14th

Ok so what is that to mean? So I said:
Thank you on the 14th, and then another week went by and I emailed AGAIN
Hi I didnt get a refund yet. PLEASE let me knw what is goin gon!

The next day I get this reply:

To: Nicole AKA disneymom
Date: Dec 17, 2005 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: OUR TRADE!
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
I mailed it to you.

If you followedf me this far thanks LOL...so at this point I dont know if it was the clothes or paypal, so I asked do you know when? then 2 days ago I emailed her:
Ok, this has gone on TO long. I would like a full refund to jrlm520@ptdprolog.net OR a MO mailed to me
my address here

I am a patient person, but I just keep getting excuse AFTER excuse, if I do not get a refund, or a reply in the next week, I will be reporting you to EVERY btl, and the police for mail fraud, I am SICK of being scammed! .

NOW, I just got this email from her:

To: Nicole AKA disneymom
Date: Dec 23, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: OUR TRADE!

Nicole,
I mailed it today 12/23/05. @ 3:04PM
For future reference you should be careful who you threaten.
My BIL is a State Trooper and informed me,
I have 2 counts of harassment via communication, 1 count terroristic threats that I can file against you.
Don't bother Emailing me back.
As I no longer wish to converse with you

COME ON is she for real? First she said the things were mailed on the 17th now she maield them again...I KNOW I will never see ANYTHING from her....how is asking for a refund a terroistic threat? I am so annoyed by people NOT following thoguh with thier end URGH!

SLance68
12-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Well if her BIL was a state trooper then he could maybe pull you over for speeding but the last time I checked they are NOT attorneys. I would report her to legal authorities - she is a fraud and is using your money for her christmas presents.

MsLynn
12-23-2005, 02:37 PM
techincally reporting her for fraud isn't terroristic threats, it shouldn't make her fear for her life, therefor isn't a terroristic threat

here is the basis for terroristic threats, so she's bluffing.

(a) Offense defined. A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to:

commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another;

cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation; or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience.

so go and report her... shows you her BIL isn't very up on the law and obviously not a very good trooper

buttrfli
12-23-2005, 02:41 PM
FTI ... when you contact someone because they have something that belongs to you, its not considered harrassment. IF her BIL is a state trooper, he dosen't know what hes talking about and should stick to the highway :rolleyes:

MsLynn
12-23-2005, 02:43 PM
normally; Troopers don't do anything but traffic/drugs/dui's, they don't NORMALLY work other kinds of incidents unless just assisting another dept. i know that in all the states i've been in thats the way it is. so she's off her freaking rocker.

Bliss
12-23-2005, 03:02 PM
For future reference you should be careful who you threaten.
My BIL is a State Trooper and informed me,
I have 2 counts of harassment via communication, 1 count terroristic threats that I can file against you.
Don't bother Emailing me back.
As I no longer wish to converse with you

All the lady is trying to do is used the scare tatic to avoid refunding you for your item(s). She cannot get you for "terroristic threats, or harassment" when you are trying to collect what is due to you. If you see filing fraud against her as the right thing to do. Go for it....If nothing else, it might teach her a lesson, not to scam people.

I would also name the person, so others know to avoid this person.

ahippiechic
12-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Leave bad feedback and report her. If you paid with Paypal, I'm suprised you waited this long, they can't do anything after 30 days, I don't think.

hblueeyes
12-23-2005, 03:37 PM
File a fraud complaint against her. Then file a claim in small claims court. Because of the correspondance, I think you may also be able to collect damages other than actual damages because it is clear she had no intentions of sending the items or refunding your money.

Me :p

Goobie
12-23-2005, 04:30 PM
File a fraud complaint against her. Then file a claim in small claims court. Because of the correspondance, I think you may also be able to collect damages other than actual damages because it is clear she had no intentions of sending the items or refunding your money.

I don't know what it was you purchased or the amount, but I don't care who you are, it's never a good idea to just make trades without a 3rd party whether it's eBay, Paypal, or a credit card company. I just got back money that AMEX collected because the sellers Paypal account was empty. It was an eBay item I never received. If that had just been a "trade" via a freebie forum, I'd be out my money. As for small claims, that's probably a waste unless you paid for a very expensive item. Plus you bought clothing, that's not worth taking to court IMO.

Shann
12-23-2005, 05:21 PM
what a bunch of bull you asked and asked again for a refund and now she's sending it knowing you wanted a refund? I'd send that crap back and go after the refund, it was her fault for waiting two months and she only has her self to blame :rolleyes: some ppl need to pull their heads out of their butts.. what a moron

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Gosh Nicole, sorry someone has done this to you yet again. I didn't see anywhere in the emails where you made any threats against her except to report her. Still report her and leavefeedback , just simply state she said it was mailed one day but infact it was on another date.

hugs girlie!

CatrinaF25
12-23-2005, 07:20 PM

sahmsfreeb
12-24-2005, 09:04 AM
id say fine give me your brothers the state troopers email because i want to report you to him for interstate commerce fraud!

cops aint lawyers... they just enforce the laws...
tell her your brother is a lawyer!

gl!

(hugs)

tracey74
12-24-2005, 10:49 AM
lmao terrorristic threats omg what a laugh I got.I fell sorry for the state police if they hire idiots like this persons BIL.I'm sorry but seems she knows shes in the worng by not refunded your money or at least she could maybe send an replacement in a larger size.Id tell her go ahead and use the emails as proof and get me for terroristic threats and harrassment if you think you can.it will only be a waste of your time and youll be the one looking like a jacka**.lol I still cant get over that I laugh every time.I agree with another person we need to know what her name is so no one else trades with her and gets royally fudged also.what a piece of work that woman is is all I can say.

ang in NC
12-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Don't worry Nicole what goes around comes around ten fold!

TexasGal
12-24-2005, 11:04 PM
She's telling you that so you'll stop emailing her and then she won't have to deal with you anymore. She's lying and full of *poop*!

hblueeyes
12-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Small claims is just that, small claims. I dont care if it were $20, she was frauded and ripped off. Besides she can recoup the filing fee when she wins.
It is the principal of the matter. It would not surprise me if this person does this all the time. She counts on the fact that those who deal with her will give up and not fight back because it is only $20, $30 etc.

Katt
12-25-2005, 08:04 AM
If it was a trade through bbs, please be sure and leave negative feedback.

buttrfli
12-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Small claims is just that, small claims. I dont care if it were $20, she was frauded and ripped off. Besides she can recoup the filing fee when she wins.
It is the principal of the matter. It would not surprise me if this person does this all the time. She counts on the fact that those who deal with her will give up and not fight back because it is only $20, $30 etc.

I have to agree. It might be $20, but how many people did this one person rip off? If its taken to small claims, and the OP wins, it will be on that persons record and next time she rips someone off, they can show that there is a pattern.

Small claims is meant for small claims.

It certainly wouldn't be worth it to drive to a different state and spend thousands for a small amount, but obviously the person who ripped the OP off, doesn't seem to care about what happens next.. someone along the line is going to have to put a stop to a scammer so that more people don't get ripped off. Those of us who trade online rely on each other for information like this.

dlwt
12-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Contact Judge Judy. Man I would be ticked, good luck

belleofpa
12-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Leave bad feedback and report her. If you paid with Paypal, I'm suprised you waited this long, they can't do anything after 30 days, I don't think.

Thats what I was thinking. File a complaint with paypal and see if they can get your $$ back. AND/OR file a complaint with ebay if it was a purchase from there.

iluvmybaby
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
:rolleyes: I am sooooo tired of ppl like this, I have almost totally stopped buying/selling online because of this bull hockey. Leave negative feedback, you didnt threaten her, whether her BIL is highway patrol or not he doesnt have the authority to do SQUAT for online trading

disneymom
12-29-2005, 01:13 PM
well it is to late to file with paypal, and guess waht STILL not stuff OR a refund, this person is a TOTAL FRAUD! I am so dang sick of this crap.

alwyznatiz
12-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, I must admit that it is possible her BIL did tell her this. Despite the fact that cops are supposed to stick to ENFORCING the law, amazingly enough they feel qualified to dole out legal advice too (which ironically is illegal in most states without a license). I know this very well because my ex-husband is a cop and did it then. Matter of fact, he still does it now. Makes me want to scream: "It's serve and protect, not serve and solicit!"

Anywho, it's a bunch of $#@! but there's not much you can do now. You mentioned it's too late to file with paypal and, if when you receive you return, you might be out money AND item. Chalk it up to $#@! happens but don't let it discourage you from shopping online; the majority of folks are honest. :)

MsLynn
12-29-2005, 03:40 PM
call the police in her city, and file a fraud report, more departments are cracking down on this type of thing. DO NOT LET HER GET AWAY WITH IT.

we had one on here a while back, that serveral had to call and file reports on and i think most of them finally got money refunded. its amazing what a visit from an officer can do.

kyswpgrl
12-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Always file with Paypal before that deadline is up. If you haven't received an item or refund by the 29th day, then I say file a complaint. You can always cancel it when/if you receive the item(s) in the mail, but you won't be able to file a complaint after that 30 days.

disneymom
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
URgh well I got my items today, funny my name was on the to and from, must have been to sccared to put her addy urgh, everything is FULL of animal hair, AND smells so bad of smoke, plus I didnt get one shirt, and a pair of pants! I am still reporting her to garnet. her listing said "smoke free hiome" This stuff is useless to me now, emily outgrew it, they are VERY small for the size I am so ticked off!

Airbuswife
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
What's the traders name so we can all steer clear of her?

disneymom
12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
she was warnersmom or something like that, I will find out for sure, the trade was NOT made here, but thats not saying she sint here lol...her name is Joanne

budlite
12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
I wanted to add I did a trade on Mad forums can I post that.. I am fuming mad... I sent this women 18.00 for a custom liscense plate and she e mailed me all nice and said she recieved my money and the item was made and will be mailed out NOW NOTHING
SHE WONT RETURN MY E MAILS OR ANY THING.. FUNNY SHE WAS ON AIM THIS MORNING AND WONT EVEN ANSWER ME BACK..... I AM PISSED....... SHE ALSO HAS A BUSINESS LINK AND I E MAILED THAT NOTHING....... I AM SO MAD I KNOW ITS ONLY 18.00 BUT I WORKED HARD FOR THAT MONEY....... I AM NOT GIVING UP I WILL BUG THE $HIT OUT OF THIS WOMEN....... I WANT MY MONEY BACK......

NICOLE , I SWEAR IT NEVER SEEMS WE GET A BREAK.
HANG IN THERE .....

disneymom
12-30-2005, 01:10 PM
hey gina is it the SAME girl? OH MY GOSH! the reason I am asking is becasue she aloso has a "business adress"