PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid question but I needa know...

Mini
12-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Ok..I have 2 gift boxes I need to mail out(both to same place) my question is..When I take these to the post office will they put em in a box for me an mail em or do I have to already buy a box an fix it up an take that in? If you understood that an can answer I would appreciate it lol

KrystallizedFlame
12-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Well you can pay for separate postage, but that might cost more. So your best bet would to get a box yourself and put the 2 smaller packages in and tape it up really good and take it in that way.

tngirl
12-23-2005, 04:09 AM
The post office will not package your items for you. You can get the box to pack them at the post office, but, you will need to pack them yourself. I would advice packing the items in the same box. This will actually save you a bit on postage. If the items are small enough you can pact them in a flat rate box and this will help to save on postage. If you do not have a box at home, take your packing materials with you to the PO (along with your packing tape) and package the items there.

Goobie
12-23-2005, 07:55 AM
You can get free priority boxes @ the PO, you can ship anything under 70 pounds priority for $7.70. That might be your best bet if these 2 items are going to the same place and assuming they fit in this flat rate box, they only have a couple sizes. My post office will let you use the priority tape to seal up the box if it is one without the seal already on the ends.

Mini
12-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok thank you guys so much! Its been a looooong time since Ive had to mail presents..or anything for that matter..at the post office. But again thank you all for answering :)