PDA

View Full Version : Gosh, just tried to get a table,people of color said no

NoFoolPrice
12-17-2005, 03:24 AM
People of color need to listen up here, I have color, I am Cherokee, get your ass off of my table just cuz your black doesn't give u a right. I spent 3 hours at dave and busters where all the 'people of color' took my table over and over again. I am pissed and I want my damd table, my cherokee gives me more right, I was here first, so get off of my table.

hblueeyes
12-17-2005, 07:23 AM
I so agree with you. People will bash me for this but it is how I feel.

Not only were you here first but out government slaughtered your ancestors. They may have been enslaved but you were murdered,starved and poisoned.

Also if you are black you are automaticly African-American. That ticks me off as well. All blacks are NOT from Africa.

I hope you get your table.

Me :p

buttrfli
12-17-2005, 08:12 AM
I am embarrased that its almost 2006 and people still think and feel this way towards other races.

They didn't take your table because they are black they took it because they were RUDE and their parents did raise them to be respectful.... I know white people and indians who are just as rude or worse.

I am cherokee indian as well and it doesn't give me any right whatsoever just becuase my ancestors were here first. If you want those kind of rights, that what the reservations are for.

I am sooooooo fickin sick of people thinking they have a right to do or have something because of their heritage. I am sorry but you are NOT better than anyone else and just because you are of cherokee decent dosen't mean you were here first.... your ancestors were and they paid dearly for it.

BlueBerriTerri
12-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow, sorry that happened to you--some people are just stupid. Racism happens across the board, and it's up to us to take a stand and educate the people around us as much as we can that it's not acceptable. It truly is a work in progress and a definite labor of love. I'm not sure that being Cherokee gives you more right to a table anymore than being African or Caucasian does, but the fact that you were there first DOES. I have had my share of negative treatment from people of other races, and I know sometimes it's difficult to continue to open yourself up to people when you don't know how they will react to you, but trust me, they're not all the same. You will probably miss out on meeting a gem of a person if you close yourself off.

ahippiechic
12-17-2005, 08:30 AM
You should have gotten the table because you were there 1st, not because you are part Native. My father is Cherokee and lives on a reservation. Doesn't give him, (or me) a 'right' to anything.

turbob
12-17-2005, 09:15 AM
"my cherokee gives me more right" . No, it doesn't. The fact that you were there first means you should have been seated. Your attitude is the reason "people of color" have a harder time in this country. No one "owes" you ANYTHING, and people like you demanding something for nothing make it REALLY hard for minorities to get the respect they deserve. Besides, WHY would you wait THREE hours for table? That's just stupid.

YankeeMary
12-17-2005, 10:04 AM
I so agree with you. People will bash me for this but it is how I feel.

Not only were you here first but out government slaughtered your ancestors. They may have been enslaved but you were murdered,starved and poisoned.

Also if you are black you are automaticly African-American. That ticks me off as well. All blacks are NOT from Africa.

I hope you get your table.

Native Americans (Indians) were also used as slaves.

nightrider127
12-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Rudeness is color blind. There is rude people in all colors.

YankeeMary
12-17-2005, 10:20 AM
People of color need to listen up here, I have color, I am Cherokee, get your ass off of my table just cuz your black doesn't give u a right. I spent 3 hours at dave and busters where all the 'people of color' took my table over and over again. I am pissed and I want my damd table, my cherokee gives me more right, I was here first, so get off of my table.
I must be an idiot because I have no idea what kind of table you are talking about. I can't imagine any kind of table that would bring this type of feeling out of anyone. I have to agree with the others, the person (s) were rude, thats the bottom line, it has nothing to do with their color.

buttrfli
12-17-2005, 10:22 AM
I must be an idiot because I have no idea what kind of table you are talking about. I can't imagine any kind of table that would bring this type of feeling out of anyone. I have to agree with the others, the person (s) were rude, thats the bottom line, it has nothing to do with their color.

I think they are talking about a pool table... but I have been wrong before LOL

wubbywa
12-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey I must be an idiot too because I am not sure what "table" they are talking about.

YankeeMary
12-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey I must be an idiot too because I am not sure what "table" they are talking about.
Thank goodness...I didn't want to be the only one...hehe...lol.

wubbywa
12-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Are we in our own "race"?

stellatj
12-17-2005, 12:27 PM
It amazes me what people argue and get mad at
why sweat the small stuff what will you do
when faced with a real crisis? i dont care what
the deal is i bet there are other places in the area
with an open table what ever kind of table it is.
for real rudeness knows no color religion or belief
some people are just that way ignore them and go on
enjoy life.

Ga-PEACH
12-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Who in their right mind would wait three 3, 3, 3, hours for a table?? Please. That is just too funny. Perhaps you just feel like complaining today, but if you ask me since you waited for 3 hours to begin with obviously you were forgotten about or they just never placed you on the wait list to begin with. Thats so funny. Was the table you were waiting on made of gold?? or did it disperse free diamonds if you sat there?? Why wait for so long?? LOL, sorry oh do not make this a race thing either, blame the management at the establishment, blame yourself but do not blame someone for sitting when told to sit, geez that is just grounds for a dunce cap.

Ga-PEACH
12-17-2005, 12:57 PM
"my cherokee gives me more right" . No, it doesn't. The fact that you were there first means you should have been seated. Your attitude is the reason "people of color" have a harder time in this country. No one "owes" you ANYTHING, and people like you demanding something for nothing make it REALLY hard for minorities to get the respect they deserve. Besides, WHY would you wait THREE hours for table? That's just stupid.

Exactly!!!The logic behind this vent is pure retarded. Give me a break, you are native american and you think you deserve more than a black person??GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!!In life you earn everything, no free rides and certainly no one owes you anything, do for yourself and be more assertive, do for yourself and quit whinning like a victim. Oh and if you do not like the comments posted here then do not post ridiculous items like this.

hblueeyes
12-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I dont understand some of the logic of this board. First I agree that race should not be an issue EVER. Best or most suited should get the job, scholarship, etc.,But that is not the case. How is it that blacks are more deserving than non black or of other colors. I am not saying "all" think this way but look at affirmative action. That law is based on bias and discrimination against whites espically white males. Give me a break.

I agree we tend to sweat the small stuff as a whole but since this post was about a table then that is what it is about. Not about those that are anti- Christmas, or which race is more deserving because NO race is more deserving than another.

Chiizii
12-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I think Morgan Freeman (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2005/12/16/morgan_freeman_condems_black_history_mon) hit the nail on the head when he called for the end of the use of words like "black" and "white".... click to read the article.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.

One of the ways to stop racism is to stop talking about it. Start using united words and stop recongizing people by the color of their skin.

I am color blind. I don't believe that one race of Americans have more privilage over another race of Americans because of a past history of slavery. Slavery , harsh treatment from other humans and rudeness is shared by all people, races and nations.

ang in NC
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Guess what?
MY HUSBAND DOESN'T TALK TO ME!!!!
Now all of you are going what? How would you like to be only spoke 5 words to you all week?
Don't tell me to leave etc. Stop fussing! And I mean it! If I wanted this type of stuff, I would go watch tv! By the way Merry CHRISTmas!!!

purplerose23
12-17-2005, 02:56 PM
These days, attitude says it all.................ancestors did come of all races, and yes they ALL paid in their own way! (think about it, we ALL suffered in our own way......)

But guess what?????

we all bleed RED.............and for that, NOW WE SHOULD REUNITE IN THIS COLD TIME OF NEED.........look at where our world is going!

Bliss
12-17-2005, 03:14 PM

Hahahahaha! Tell us how you really feel! Better yet, next time you see the people you speak of, tell them what you just told us. They might want to hear how people should bow down to you cause you're a Native. On the other hand, I seriously doubt it...No one gives a damn what you personally think are your god given rights because of your nationality.

If you honestly believe all races owe you....You need a reality check...No one owes anyone a damn thing based on their race.

If you were there first, then why didn't you have the table? Did the "people of color" knock you out of the way and take your table?

Bliss
12-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Guess what?
Now all of you are going what? How would you like to be only spoke 5 words to you all week?
Don't tell me to leave etc. Stop fussing! And I mean it! If I wanted this type of stuff, I would go watch tv! By the way Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Get a divorce....Then you won't have to listen to him at all. :p

Merry Xmas! ;)

ahippiechic
12-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Get a divorce....Then you won't have to listen to him at all. :p

Merry Xmas! ;)

:D True.

DreamWarrior
12-17-2005, 04:16 PM
I look at it this way... there is only ONE race I belong to....

the HUMAN race...

enough said

buttrfli
12-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I agree we tend to sweat the small stuff as a whole but since this post was about a table then that is what it is about. Not about those that are anti- Christmas, or which race is more deserving because NO race is more deserving than another.

The post was most certainly NOT about getting a table.. did you even read it?? The OP said the her heritage gave her more right to the table than "people of color".

TxGreek
12-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Guess what?

I've seen you post this in so many threads that have NOTHING to do with what you post. If I were your husband, I probably wouldn't talk to you, either.
Your random posts are bizaar to say the least.

Njean31
12-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I've seen you post this in so many threads that have NOTHING to do with what you post. If I were your husband, I probably wouldn't talk to you, either.

either she has a split personality or she don't come here enough to see that someone is using her password. :confused:

junebugger
12-17-2005, 06:59 PM

Pretty much-the intent of this person posting this is to take the thread a bit lighter..and make it off subject (or maybe not so rude)so people cool down a bit? Thats my opinion and I have seen it stated before about this same poster :D I dont know but thats my 2cents.

Freebeemom
12-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Guess what?

I'm sorry...what does this have to do with anything?

queenangie
12-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Ok, let's play nice, friends.

I didn't know what kind of table it was either.....I was thinking a bar or restaurant, not a pool table.

Ang in NC was just trying to calm this thread down a bit.

It's Christmas. Santa is watching. You might just get some coal! LOL!

Everyone should take their turns no matter what the table is.

kyswpgrl
12-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Just wanted to thank the OP for the laugh. :p

tngirl
12-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Guess what?

Well, so sorry that you have such a crappy marriage, not my fault and has nothing to do with anyone else on this board. If we want to fuss and argue then that is our perogative. If you want to come into V/W that is your perogative. But remember, this is what you are going to see. So, my suggestion is that if you don't want to see it...don't come in this forum because that is what you are going to see....lol.

You tell us to not tell you to leave, but you find it okay to tell people to stop fussing...doesn't sound really fair.

Merry Christmas to you.

Bliss
12-18-2005, 03:09 AM
You might just get some coal! LOL!

Hahaha! It won't be the first time.. ;)

ang in NC
12-18-2005, 01:38 PM
excuse me, I was just trying to give people a laugh. Again excuse me!

ang in NC
12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks Queen Angie I was just trying to calm things down. No I don't have a split personality and freedom of speech is a right. But it will be the last time.

dixie1596
12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
you guys jumping on angnc too much!! i know her, we live in the same town, matter of fact, SHE IS MY SISTER!! she was trying to lighten up things, all of you need to take a deep breathe, and chill, do all you feel better jumping on someone today?, OMG, yes i know know you all will jump on me and attack me too, so be it, but the only thing she was trying to do was get people to lighten up, and no she doesn't have a split personailty, she has a hard life, a child with autisim, and lupus, a job that no one ever says thanks to her,and a husband that shows her no love. and she CAN"T get a divorce, for many reasons. boy, i have been on bbs for years, thought that 99% of people here were kind, loving and good nature, i see i was wrong, tis the season to be mean! now go ahead and jump on me, not the first time in my life and sure won't be the last!!!

ang, i love ya, see you tonight

ahippiechic
12-18-2005, 02:37 PM
No one was jumping on her. Just most of us think it's odd that she posts almost the exact same post in threads that have nothing to do with that. And not all the threads were debates, so didn't need 'lightening up.'

dixie1596
12-18-2005, 02:47 PM
well, you all are jumping on her! look at your own post!!! my god, i hate to see how you all when you all are really pissed off! she is just trying to show that if you think something is bad, it could be alot worst like her life, , now you try to justify it, WT?????
oh, by the way,...... for the poster "Bliss" that said anginnc post about her husband and his ways all the time.....i just checked the first 2 pages of vent and whine and ONLY ONE!! was about her hubby , the post was about a husband like hers, so to that person, if you can't back up with some type of proof than a smart tail remark, don't say it, plus you only have 140 +?- posts , do you know her????? anginnc has been on BBS a long time, if you ask the people who know her from trades, swaps, secrect pals ect... you would know she is a kind person, and no i am not just saying this because she is my sister, i am saying it as the truth, to all of you saying "get a divorce" , no one knows how her life is unless you have lived the hell she has and does everyday! so come on and attack me, i know my life, my husband is blind to a gunshot to the head, my son is autisic, my 17 yr old is a brat, we are poor , it is my life, i don't jump on people who are trying to lighten up, and 99% of vent and whine does need to lighten up, a vent really is when you have no food for your kids, when you have no insurance, child abuse, spouse abuse, a drunk killing a family in a car, our troops dying daily, people in china not allowed to worship, a homeless mother sleeping on the streets with her kids, a teen mom leaving her newborn baby in a trash can. a child being molested by a teacher, but you guys want to make your self feel better by talking to someone who was trying to help like trash! yes i am mad, so there, i will stand up for my sister!

Njean31
12-18-2005, 03:44 PM
i honestly thought that someone was using her password which is why i have defended her in the past.......if you'll check. i was not downing her with the "split personality" comment, i didn't think she would just interject that same statement over and over in various posts because her posts are usually normal. i was defending her and now i guess she's upset at me? :confused: :confused: :confused:

shellysms
12-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Ang don't worry about it. Your a good person..and I'm not quite sure what is going on...but don't worry about it! Perhaps peopple should worry about bad traders..and not good traders!! :) Each person has their own thoughts, their own words...and you should just know that your "friends" will stick with you. Don't stop posting...and don't stop coming to BBS. Hang in there!

firechic
12-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Rude comments removed

Bliss
12-18-2005, 05:26 PM
for the poster "Bliss" that said anginnc post about her husband and his ways all the time.....i just checked the first 2 pages of vent and whine and ONLY ONE!! was about her hubby , the post was about a husband like hers, so to that person, if you can't back up with some type of proof than a smart tail remark, don't say it, plus you only have 140 +?- posts , do you know her????? anginnc has been on BBS a long time, if you ask the people who know her from trades, swaps, secrect pals ect... you would know she is a kind person, and no i am not just saying this because she is my sister, i am saying it as the truth, to all of you saying "get a divorce" , no one knows how her life is unless you have lived the hell she has and does everyday! so come on and attack me

Excuse me! Where did I post; " "Bliss" that said anginnc post about her husband and his ways all the time." I'd really like to read it.

You have me confused with someone else. I've never said anything about her life or her husband. I don't even know the lady or anything about her for Christ sakes. All I posted was..."Get a divorce....Then you won't have to listen to him at all." I was halfway joking - cause I've seen the same post by her several times.

Next time when you jump on your soap box and go to *****ing. Make sure you're *****ing out the correct person.

dixie1596
12-18-2005, 05:38 PM
i will stand by my family and forget people who who have small minds and this is the last i will post on this thread,

TxGreek
12-18-2005, 05:50 PM
she was trying to lighten up things

She was trying to lighten things up by saying she's forced to stay in a miserable marriage??!!
:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

ahippiechic
12-18-2005, 09:31 PM
well, you all are jumping on her! look at your own post!!! my god, i hate to see how you all when you all are really pissed off! she is just trying to show that if you think something is bad, it could be alot worst like her life, , now you try to justify it, WT?????
oh, by the way,...... for the poster "Bliss" that said anginnc post about her husband and his ways all the time.....i just checked the first 2 pages of vent and whine and ONLY ONE!! was about her hubby , the post was about a husband like hers, so to that person, if you can't back up with some type of proof than a smart tail remark, don't say it, plus you only have 140 +?- posts , do you know her????? anginnc has been on BBS a long time, if you ask the people who know her from trades, swaps, secrect pals ect... you would know she is a kind person, and no i am not just saying this because she is my sister, i am saying it as the truth, to all of you saying "get a divorce" , no one knows how her life is unless you have lived the hell she has and does everyday! so come on and attack me, i know my life, my husband is blind to a gunshot to the head, my son is autisic, my 17 yr old is a brat, we are poor , it is my life, i don't jump on people who are trying to lighten up, and 99% of vent and whine does need to lighten up, a vent really is when you have no food for your kids, when you have no insurance, child abuse, spouse abuse, a drunk killing a family in a car, our troops dying daily, people in china not allowed to worship, a homeless mother sleeping on the streets with her kids, a teen mom leaving her newborn baby in a trash can. a child being molested by a teacher, but you guys want to make your self feel better by talking to someone who was trying to help like trash! yes i am mad, so there, i will stand up for my sister!

Just because I said I thought her post was odd, it means I was jumping on her? WTFE. Maybe she thinks my posts are odd. Who cares.

luvangel72
12-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Smile, its a new day! I just have 3 things to say. #1 I am a child of God, so "my people" were here first! #2 I'm sorry ang that you got "beat up" for trying to lighten things up. #3 Merry CHRISTmas!!!

KitKat420
12-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Merry Christmas!!!! :D

Shancopp
12-19-2005, 10:54 AM
This is one of the most bizzare threads I've read on bbs in a long time. Started out weird and just keeps getting weirder!
Carry on ...it's fun to read!

firechic
12-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Gee.........wonder why this one wasn't edited for "rude comments"? Favoritism, perhaps? And what I said was not rude. It was my opinion. And I stand by it. One of the dumbest threads ever to hit bbs. And that takes some doing.

tracyb
12-19-2005, 01:52 PM
angie....and dixie....you know where you belong...COME ON OVER....LOL...

janelle
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I tried to post my feelings on BBS and they told me to shut up and sit down. WTH

Enter Vent/Whine at your own risk.

We should have new rules for this forum. No matter how much you disagree, this if for venting and whining, so let people vent and whine. Get things off their chest. If you must reply just say---so sorry that happened to you. Otherwise, back out and hit the back button. How hard is that? I bet a lot easier than argueing over things.

Ga-PEACH
12-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I tried to post my feelings on BBS and they told me to shut up and sit down. WTH

We should have new rules for this forum. No matter how much you disagree, this if for venting and whining, so let people vent and whine. Get things off their chest. If you must reply just say---so sorry that happened to you. Otherwise, back out and hit the back button. How hard is that? I bet a lot easier than argueing over things.

Actually if the OP did want to only vent and whine then it is their right, but when they state they were here first because of the native american race card and CRAP like that then the gloves come off, it is bigotted to say the least, and the OP should get a grip. Its one thing to complain a bit but to play the race card, give me a break

firechic
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Be careful what you say.......your words could get edited out as being rude.

Tasha405
12-19-2005, 04:32 PM
OMG! This is the craziest thing I've seen on here in a while. :rolleyes:

I don't give a darn what race you are, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. This is exactly why racism still exists in this world. People like you walk around thinking everyone owes you for whatever reason under the sun. Honey, I don't care who was where first, I don't owe you or anyone else anything. I can't help what people done years and years ago. All we can do is try and make things better now that we are all here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays! :)

kyswpgrl
12-19-2005, 04:54 PM
a vent really is when you have no food for your kids, when you have no insurance, child abuse, spouse abuse, a drunk killing a family in a car, our troops dying daily, people in china not allowed to worship, a homeless mother sleeping on the streets with her kids, a teen mom leaving her newborn baby in a trash can. a child being molested by a teacher,

Yes, all of the above are beyond horrible. However, who are YOU to tell anyone what they are/aren't allowed to vent/whine about??? My life may not be as bad as yours, but I don't go around pulling the trump card. We all have issues that effect us in different ways. What's bad to one person may not be to another, but it is still effecting their life negatively and they have ever god given right to be upset about it.

As for Ang trying to "lighten the mood"...that's all fine and dandy. However, how would she feel if someone piped in on every single one of her serious posts with some crackpot remark??? I mean seriously, if I was sharing something personal to me and someone kept threadjacking my threads with oddball posts, that would totally not be cool.

luvangel72
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I think everyone has a lot of stress to relieve this time of year because everyone sure is fired up! I think we all need a big ((((((((GROUP HUG))))))) ! It sure has been an entertaining thread though.

tngirl
12-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I think everyone has a lot of stress to relieve this time of year because everyone sure is fired up! I think we all need a big ((((((((GROUP HUG))))))) ! It sure has been an entertaining thread though.

Feel the love!...lol. I would apologize for my reply, but I don't feel like I have anything to apologize for. I was not "beating" anyone up. I just made a statement. If the post had been as usual with just the "my husband doesn't talk to me", that would have been one thing....but the post went on to say more and I was replying to that.

As for the OP, I think they are a racist bigot...and this can get edited if they want to, but it is the truth. The only thing I am prejudice against is ignorance. I live in a prodominately (sp?) black city. It would be so easy for me to be racist, and I will admit, there have been times when some of the politics of this city have caused those thoughts to cross my mind. I just have to stop and step back and think about what it is that is really bothering me and it isn't the black people of this city, just the politicians that like to try to use the race card.

I have Cherokee in my bloodline but that doesn't make me special or better than anyone else. I am white and that doesn't make me better than anyone else. We are all equal and if the OP couldn't get a table then I would think that there is more to the story.

ahippiechic
12-19-2005, 10:08 PM

I didn't argue. She posted her opinion, I posted mine. Simple.

justinenycole26
12-20-2005, 01:20 AM

Since you were here first, maybe you should be entitled to some education. You really should check into that. Education would certainly help with your spelling and grammar, but it won't do a thing for your bigotry. Sad, really.

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-20-2005, 05:00 AM
This is one of the most bizzare threads I've read on bbs in a long time. Started out weird and just keeps getting weirder!
Carry on ...it's fun to read!

ROFLMAO~ that's what I was thinking. Wow, just had a flashback to BBS of the past :D

You rock Angie,it worked lol

mom4kota
12-20-2005, 06:56 AM
WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG LOL

i tell my friends and family because i'm adopted...i can be whatever i want, black, white, native indian, mixed...so today...i just want to be me

YNKYH8R
12-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Guess what?
Um...that was random.

YNKYH8R
12-20-2005, 08:54 AM
angie....and dixie....you know where you belong...COME ON OVER....LOL...
Would that be FFF?

Njean31
12-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Education would certainly help with your spelling and grammar, but it won't do a thing for your bigotry.

now, that's not entirely true. education IS the key. people learn this hatred and racism from thier parents and peers........show them the truth and maybe they'll learn the truth. i know i did. my mother is so (well, was so bigoted.......she's learning) and it rubbed off on me. well, i learned the truth in school and in college. for example.......people who don't like jews ought to study the holocaust for about a week and they will change thier tune........if they don't then they are innately full of hatred.

YNKYH8R
12-20-2005, 08:56 AM

It's one thing to 'vent and whine' it's another to vent and whine about race issues.

*BTW this is the first I'm seeing this thread so I'm reading through it and responding to various posts. No duh, right? LOL!

buttrfli
12-20-2005, 09:01 AM
*BTW this is the first I'm seeing this thread so I'm reading through it and responding to various posts. No duh, right? LOL!

Took you long enough :p

hblueeyes
12-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I would like to comment about the posts regarding race. It is an issue here in the US. It is not just black and white but christian and non, rich and poor, haves and have nots etc. It is not right but it exists. As long as men make more money because they are men, and minority kids get bigger slices of the college aid pie because they are a minority then nothing will change. How is it that a white commits a crime against a black and it is automaticly a hate crime but when the reverse is true it is not a hate crime?

I am from Chicago where race was not an issue until the late 60s. I dont know why it changed but it did. Before then is was all about your standing in the community, aka, how much money you had. There were whites,blacks, native americans and mixed races all members of the same organizations their common factor was the mighty dollar.

Also I disagree that native americans deserve nothing more than anyone else. I think they deserve a little respect. They gave up alot. They were treated horribly and our government thought geneside was okay at that time. We put them on land and said you live here. Then gold, or other resources would be discovered and they had to move again. But they get their money from the government because of it.
Also, lets look and college and professional sports. You have the Chiefs, Redskins, Blackhawks and too many college teams to mention. If I started a team and called them "The Black Sambos" or something equally insulting, degrading or stupid, you can bet everyone would be up in arms protesting.
Why is it different. Why is it okay to have a mascot dressed as Native American Indians running around acting a fool making fun of their heritage? Why do the courts repeatedly say it is ok? This is why race continues to be an issue because we are NOT all treated equally and until we are it will continue.

YNKYH8R
12-20-2005, 11:06 AM
HEY!!! I'm a busy man! :D

I've got fan mail to answer, I've got tea with the Queen, places to go people to see.

You know how it is... :p

tracyb
12-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Would that be FFF?
LOL....nope...lol....do you want back there... :p j/k
i go there to but I stay on Saffys.... :D

YNKYH8R
12-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Also, lets look and college and professional sports. You have the Chiefs, Redskins, Blackhawks and too many college teams to mention. If I started a team and called them "The Black Sambos" or something equally insulting, degrading or stupid, you can bet everyone would be up in arms protesting.
Why is it different. Why is it okay to have a mascot dressed as Native American Indians running around acting a fool making fun of their heritage? Why do the courts repeatedly say it is ok? This is why race continues to be an issue because we are NOT all treated equally and until we are it will continue.

Now for the most part I agree. Although I would guess that some pro teams and college teams like to see themselves as wrriors; what beeter way to distiguish yourselve as a warrior but to take on a warrior mascot? "The Black Sambos" isn't a tough name.

Now bwfore you drop the hammer I do agree with being respectful of heritage. I'm just giving youa point of view.

DBackFan
12-20-2005, 11:52 AM
LOL....nope...lol....do you want back there... :p j/k
i go there to but I stay on Saffys.... :D

I was going to jump in and say NO we are at Saffys too but you beat me to it Tracy! LOL Of course it WAS your question to answer..lol

janelle
12-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Can't we all just stop this cra***ess and change the subject to abortion on demand? :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :D :D

I'll go hide now.

Racism is bad but if the OP was at dave and busters first--whatever that place was---then the OP should have been given a table first. I don't care if you just became a citizen you were at the stupid place first. If you don't like it there then do not go back. IMO

We can all make a case of our ancestors were treated badly. Why do you think most of our ancestors came here anyway? It was a big free country as far as I know. Anyone could come here and make a new home. I'm sorry so many were dragged here in slavery but it happened before most of us were even thought of.

I just know whatever brought my ancestors here, I'm glad they came. They came so we can argue over who was here first and who is more deserving to be here? I hear millions rolling over in their graves.

buttrfli
12-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Also I disagree that native americans deserve nothing more than anyone else. I think they deserve a little respect. They gave up alot. They were treated horribly and our government thought geneside was okay at that time. We put them on land and said you live here. Then gold, or other resources would be discovered and they had to move again. But they get their money from the government because of it.

Every race deserves the same respect.

When do people stop having to pay for what their ancestors did to another race?? Yes, native americans were here first but we are all here NOW.

African American's were exactly treated like royalty for the longest time either.

kyswpgrl
12-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Why is it okay to have a mascot dressed as Native American Indians running around acting a fool making fun of their heritage?

Do you see me running around complaining about all stupid caucasian mascots out there? What's next...PETA steps in and won't let animals be mascots either? I say down with all mascots! :D

Bliss
12-20-2005, 02:20 PM
LMAO ~ The funniest post I have read so far...^^^^^^^^

tngirl
12-20-2005, 04:19 PM

I was fixing to say the same thing...:D About time you got here. :cool:

queenangie
12-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Racism is not something you were born with.....
it is a learned behavior.

It can also be unlearned.

queenangie
12-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Abraham Lincoln:
"The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds."

IthinkNOT!
12-21-2005, 05:15 AM
I disagree with anyone say that something is owed to them because they are a certain race. This is america, we all get to where we are on the basis of how hard we work. Nobody owes anyone anything except basic respect. This is suposed to be America, home of the free, not free just for certain people. Some people were treated unfairly because of there race in the past. But it is exactly that, the past. None of us can make up for how our ancesters treated or were treated by others. We can only try to make a difference now. We can learn from the past so that we don't make the same mistakes again. Reguardless of who was here first, we are all here. Lets make the best of it. We can learn from each other, and take advantage of the oppourtunities we have.

NoFoolPrice
12-21-2005, 07:25 AM
I apologize for my rude and bigoted post. I was upset and tired and a little buzzed and had just come home angry after being pushed around all night. I'm sorry it caused such a controversy on the board. And yes, I am a college graduate and should have known better.

dlwt
12-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Now for the most part I agree. Although I would guess that some pro teams and college teams like to see themselves as wrriors; what beeter way to distiguish yourselve as a warrior but to take on a warrior mascot? "The Black Sambos" isn't a tough name.

Now bwfore you drop the hammer I do agree with being respectful of heritage. I'm just giving youa point of view.
I agree with you, if there were no Warriors, REdskins etc then they would say everyone has forgotten us. I have never understood the problem with the sport team names. Hey if they had the Germans or Sweds I would be happy hey even the fatties and I would go for that team because I am one of those.

dlwt
12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I apologize for my rude and bigoted post. I was upset and tired and a little buzzed and had just come home angry after being pushed around all night. I'm sorry it caused such a controversy on the board. And yes, I am a college graduate and should have known better.

Dont ya just hate when You ARE buzzed and write some goofy thing on th internet and have to see it days later and wish man I wish that just went away with nobody seeing it, I have done it. Take care kiddo

janelle
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
No harm done and it got everyone to thinking. :p

Also, on the Indian controversary about the mascots. We had that in our city. The school had a hearing on it and only a handful of American Indians showed up to complain to have it changed. There were other American Indians there who wanted it to stay the same. I think a few make it hard for the many.

The school is in an city with an Indian name. The school sit on a river bank where the Indians camped. It's only seems to follow that people would associate it with the Indian heritage in these parts.

Also I would give you advice not to go to Dave and Busters anymore. It may not have anything to do with race, just poor service.

hblueeyes
12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Lots of cities, rivers,mountains etc have Indian based names, Chicago is taken from an Indian name meaning smelly onion. It is not so much the problem with the Indian names or mascots (in my opinion) it is more that the mascot jumps and runs around acting like a fool making fun of their ceremonial dances.

firechic
12-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Our school has a native American name, team, and mascot. But since it is part of the heritage in this area, no one takes offense...we all have "pride in our tribe"

YankeeMary
12-21-2005, 07:53 PM
I, for one, appreciate you apologizing. It took great courage. Thanks.

CajunBlu
12-22-2005, 06:05 AM

NoFoolPrice, you had something to say about something that was bothering you and you said it. Case closed.

Thank You

Robert

Tasha405
12-22-2005, 07:22 AM
I totally agree. Thanks

buttrfli
12-22-2005, 07:33 AM

I agree.... takes a big person to admit they did the wrong thing.

That'll teach you to drink and surf, won't it?? LOL! :D

NoFoolPrice
12-22-2005, 07:54 AM
That'll teach you to drink and surf, won't it?? LOL! :D

Ok, that one brought me out from hiding behind a rock, too funny! Thank you all for your kindness, tolerance and understanding!

luvangel72
12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I agree it took great courage, I may have left the board and not come back after all the controversy! Thanks for comin back and making things right! Glad this topic is ending on a good note!

purplerose23
12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey noprice, do not sweat it....it is a "vent/wine" forum, so anything goes! But I agree, it took major courage to stand up, and you did...I commend you for that and give a pat on the back.... :)

Starlady01
12-25-2005, 03:14 AM
I could have alot of input here but I'm not going to.. Shut UP CC

:P