PDA

View Full Version : I like the new Freeride banner!

kirsche
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
I really like that new Freeride iFilm banner! The first day it was up, after I figured out how to get credit, I got 1,500 points in under 30 minutes. The second day (yesterday) I couldn't get it to credit at all. Then today I got 1,500 again, and I got one of the 500 point bonuses too!

Between that and the normal iFilm, HotJobs, OTX, cabs, etc I managed to get 3,428 points today!!! :D

Is it just me, or are the points from the new banner becoming available within 24 hours, instead of 30 days?

vieprivee
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
PLEASE share how to accrue more points. I am clicking on the old banner and getting 1,000 points each day but have no idea how to make the new banner, the one giving 3 points each time you watch a video, to give me ANY points! TIA!

SoapNuts
12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
The 3 point ifilm isn't working for me either. Many clicks and zero tokens.

FRENCHY38
12-06-2005, 08:54 PM
The 3 point ifilm isn't working for me either. Many clicks and zero tokens.

Ditto! :mad:

kirsche
12-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Here's how the new banner works:

Click on it once. Let the new window load in completely. In the new window click on any green "watch" button (there's about 10 down the center of the page.) That opens a second window. You'll be using both windows, so don't close either. (I leave 3 windows open--Freeride, iFilm, and the video player.)

The second iFilm window is where you watch the video. You have to let the video load in and play for a second or two to get credit. (There's a small time counter in the lower right hand corner of the video window for reference.)

After the video plays for a couple seconds, go back to the first iFilm window and click on another green "watch" button. (It can be the same button or a different one. Use the same button for all 500 clicks if you want.) You do not need to close the second window before you click--the first video will stop, and the next video will load in the same window.

You might want to try a few and make sure you're getting credit. To see your credits update you must go to the "My Account" page at Freeride. Just refreshing the page with the banner doesn't work.

How to tell if you got the 500 or 25,000 bonus: It didn't say anywere that I got the bonus. But about an hour after I did my clicks I noticed I had 500 points more in my account than I should have. So if your total suddenly goes up by 500 or 25,000 with no explaination, you got the bonus.

kirsche
12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Is it still there for anyone? I don't see it today. :(

They added a new section to the My Account info that shows how many points you got from this offer. It's labeled "iFilm Movie Watch." If you click on the name it'll show you a breakdown of how many points you earned each day.

SoapNuts
12-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the detailed info. I tried that and still did not get any tokens (last night and around noon today) :( . I did see the new banner briefly today.

vieprivee
12-08-2005, 01:52 PM
kirsche, I found it today, followed your directions, but got all of three points. HAVE NO IDEA WHY it will not give me more...maybe the link is there but no longer workable?

THANKS for the directions, kirsche! :)

Nana530
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
vieprivee, the only way I could get it to credit me was to go back to the homepage each time and click the banner. It takes forever to do it that way and I finally gave up. I spent hours doing this and only got 72 points.

chicodog
12-08-2005, 05:12 PM
We now have to go back to Freeride's homepage to click on the banner after watching EACH film. It's going to take a long time to get points.

vieprivee
12-15-2005, 11:23 AM
FOR ME, it is not worth the time...thanks for the pointers!

Surfergal
12-17-2005, 11:39 AM
The old ifilm banner is giving 1500-1800 daily. just log out and try again after getting the first not available message. you may have to log out a couple of times to get it to come iup again. yes, FR is trying to now turnover our click points in 72 hours instead of 30 days now, per an email from their support staff.

PS. the new ifilm is a pain and very slow for me, but so far I have gotten at least 4 500 point bonus. Sometimes the ifilm page will not load. sometimes the film will not load, then I have to click update preferences and confirm media settings. I have no timer on any of my 3 film player options.

Ps both hj and the new auto banner are only giving 20 tokens a day now. so every point counts. HJ was giving 300-500

vieprivee
12-17-2005, 05:43 PM
"yes, FR is trying to now turnover our click points in 72 hours instead of 30 days now, per an email from their support staff."

I never got that email but I DID notice that points come available much faster now.

"both hj and the new auto banner are only giving 20 tokens a day now. so every point counts. HJ was giving 300-500"

I did notice only the 20 points a day for both you mentioned above. HJ was only giving me 300 per day up until a few days ago

The old ifilm banner does give a lot of points(about 1500 a day) but it takes so darned long. I TRY to click while on the phone because I just don't have that kind of time. AND the new ifilm is so slow that I will not even attempt to use it anymore.

I DO the OTX survey each day and about 50% of the time I get the 500 points, the other 50% I get only 50 points.

THE POINTS ARE ADDING UP FAST!!!HOPE THIS CONTINUES! :)