PDA

View Full Version : Just need to let go

hblueeyes
12-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Times are hard right now. Hubby is unemployed but receiving unemployment. He is 1 semester away from his degree and is going into the medical field so that will be another 2 years in school. Ok, I can deal with that. He has a job waiting for him end of January early February which will give him hours around his school schedule. Cool. That is perfect. No problems there.

Christmas is a few weeks away and hubby decided to have Lasik on his eyes.
He is financing it at (choke) 26% but it is free if paid off in 1 year. OK, we are pretty good about those things but what about Christmas? I usually manage to pull off a great one for the boys because of Kohls coupons, free giftcards from the stores and internet deals. However, there does not seem to be much of that this year.I do not have 1 gift yet. Not one (except I did get 3 gifts for toys for tots) and my finances are depleted trying to get my van to pass emissions and being screwed by Ford because they are playing the let's try this at $350, now we''ll try that for an additional $282 and now we'll try this other thing for $800. I have yet to hear from their Michigan headquarters because I want my money back because they said they can determine what the problem is and fix it but they can't. Fortunately they are older and can understand the delimma I am in but we have been there before and I have managed to pull off some fabulous christmas' but I just dont think it will happen this year.

To add to this I still cannot get a plumber out here to connect the main line to the addition and run the necessary lines and run the stink pipes thru the roof. I know the reason is because that is all we want them to do. I dont need them to do anything else. We will take it from there. But they are not going to make a fortune on the tub,sink,toilet,vanity,fixtures etc. so no one will take on the job. I have been waiting since 9/15 for the final electrical inspection and the electric company still has not put in a new meter so all our bills are estimated. I have called numerous times as well as hubby and still nothing. I am afraid that they will sock me with a doozie of a bill but how can they determine what to charge if there is no meter?

On top of this hubby has to have major surgery on Dec.16th and my sis is having a biopsy on her throat (she does not smoke) Dec. 15th. They are just numbing the area instead of general anesthia but she has a swallowing problem and chokes on her own saliva so I will be at her house all night then go home to take hubby for his surgery. My hubby is the biggest baby in the house and I am dreading the constant service I must give him when he comes home. I have been thru this with him in the past and I was constantly waiting on him hand and foot unless he was sleeping. I am not looking forward to any of this.

I am depressed and stressed.

Thanks for listening

Me :p

kyswpgrl
12-03-2005, 05:43 PM
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Sorry you're having a rough time and hopefully thinks will look up for you soon.

Bliss
12-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Hang in there, things will look up for you.

mom2cvam
12-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm going through a really hard time too right now as well so I can understand the depressed and stressed. This is going to be the smallest Christmas for our kids ever this year and I feel horrible about it. I know it doesn't matter to them if they get lots of presents or not but I WANT to give them a nice Christmas. We just don't have the finances for it. Things are very stressed in my house right now to say the least.
(((hugs))) I hope things get better for you soon.

queenangie
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Sounds like you have been too giving to others, as most of us mothers are too.

Go get your hair done, get some new shoes for yourself.

Let DH pay his own financed eye care, it is his bill after all, I hope that he signed the paperwork for it and not you.

I have learned in this lifetime we will always have a problem going on -
finances,
health,
kids,
parents,
neighbors,
job, etc.

For me, I find that prayer is a help and can give inner peace.

Sending you warm hugs, dear! Hope things get better.

Tasha405
12-03-2005, 08:50 PM
((((Hugs))))

hblueeyes
12-04-2005, 04:30 AM
I signed for nothing. The thing that offended me about his actions besides not inquiring about the price increase was We never discussed it. He said he was going to check it out because it was a free consultation. The next day it is done.

I believe in the power of prayer, that is what keeping me from strangling him.

Me :p

tngirl
12-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Well, at least your kids are grown and can understand the concept of a financial bind. My kids are 20 and 23 and there have been plenty of times that Christmas "sucked", but they are such great kids that they didn't mind. One reason is because I have taught them the reason for the season.

My daughter is in college and she usually works full time or 2 part time jobs. She is totally self-sufficient. She is really excited because she starts Nursing school in january. My son has not started college yet because he hasn't decided what school to go to, but he works full time and is training to become an assistant manager at the pet store he works at and he works busing tables.

In your other thread about the Lasik Sucs, you said that there was only a $50 dollar out of pocket. If the surgery is necessary doesn't your insurance pay for it? I am sorry your husband is "dying" and I hope things work out good for whatever this other surgery is for.