PDA

View Full Version : Well,Well,Well,

Daisy Duke
12-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Looks like yet another nerve has been hit!!
It's funnyon how when you vent your have good reason for your opinion the thread just magicly disappears!!!

Well...anyone else have this very common problem???

3lilpigs
12-01-2005, 08:06 AM
:confused:

whats missing?

lassss
12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
I *think* it was pulled because there were links posted to other sites, not because of your vent

tngirl
12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
I *think* it was pulled because there were links posted to other sites, not because of your vent

Why was the entire thread pulled and not just the links deleted? That is the way it is usually done. I know you can't post a link to Mad in any threads or even pm it. Oh well, makes no never mind to me because if anyone wants links to other sites that they can visit I am more than happy to email them to anyone who wants them.

I really do not see what the big deal is anyways, I am a frequent visitor of several sites but there are only 2 that I go to on a daily basis...except for when one of them is down for days on end.

displacedtngirl@hotmail.com

bell_peaches
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
LOL feel free to email me the sites java_joe59@hotmail.com

buttrfli
12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
You know... if you don't like it here, no one if forcing you to stay...

Although I was not the one to pull it, I also believe that it was pulled because people were posting the links in the thread... why the links weren't deleted, I do not know, but I do know that its a pain in the butt to go through each post and take each link out.

tngirl
12-01-2005, 07:15 PM
You know... if you don't like it here, no one if forcing you to stay...

Although I was not the one to pull it, I also believe that it was pulled because people were posting the links in the thread... why the links weren't deleted, I do not know, but I do know that its a pain in the butt to go through each post and take each link out.

Ahhhh, buttrfli...You know I like it here!!! This is my fix for one of my personalities and the other is the fix for another one of my personalities....now if I could just find something to keep the other 4 happy. :D

Yes, it is aggravating when the board is down so much, but in a way it doesn't bother me because it is just one place that I go. I enjoy coming here because I enjoy the lively conversations...(like how diplomatic I can be?). But I agree, we all have the choice to continue coming to this board or not. There have been times when I have stayed away because I was not happy with the "atmosphere", but as you can see, I am still here.

After the hacking the only reason I put the link in my signature was because the board was not really up and running and wanted to let our friends know where we were playing in the meantime. BBS is like a bad habit :eek: ....I just can't stay away...lol. It is great that we do have the vent/whine section in order to vent our frustrations. I know I can try the nerves of the best of the Mods on here :p

bell_peaches
12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Lol Lol Lol Lol

Katt
12-02-2005, 06:34 AM
I pulled your thread because it was listing other boards. It's against the rules, has always been against the rules, and will remain against the rules. As for editing posts, I don't have the time, nor the patience to go through and edit three pages of them, so the whole thread was pulled, just as every thread that turns into something like that, is pulled.

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but no nerve has been hit. I, above all others know the frustrations of this board and no contact. Nothing personal though, just following the rules of THIS board.

janelle
12-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Well I have been to the other boards and I still think BBS is the best. I like the challenges of the debate section and the RC. Stretches my mind. So no matter how angry we get at BBS most, I think, will keep comimg back,

The other boards have tried to become the new home for us but they all lack something. And in some ways they are all more strict than BBS ever was. Some do not want anyone offended so they end up offending everyone themselves. LOL How smart is that and it alleniates people to leave.

Others just want light talk all the time. The number one topic is "what's for dinner tonight"? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

If BBS never had the viruse problems no one would have left. Yes, some can get down right nasty on here, usually in the vent section, but those people can be ignored.

I STILL LIKE BBS THE BEST.

Katt
12-02-2005, 07:34 AM
And in some ways they are all more strict than BBS ever was. Some do not want anyone offended so they end up offending everyone themselves. LOL How smart is that and it alleniates people to leave.

LOL I know you aren't talking about the board I go to, that means the all statement is invalid :p. It's not strict at all, and I know pretty much no one cares if someone gets offended. Everyone is adults and are free to move on if the board gets too much for them. So far, that hasn't been many though. ;)

ahippiechic
12-02-2005, 08:23 AM
LOL I know you aren't talking about the board I go to, that means the all statement is invalid :p. It's not strict at all, and I know pretty much no one cares if someone gets offended. Everyone is adults and are free to move on if the board gets too much for them. So far, that hasn't been many though. ;)

True, it is more relaxed than here. And if you want debate at other places, well, post something, lol. I'm sure someone will debate with you. :D

newwiccan
12-02-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm sure these other boards will be more than happy to deactivate your account if your so unhappy with them. :)

There's never going to be a board where every member is happy. There will always be someone who can find something to complain about. I have three boards I visit and there's something at each of them I would change but that doesn't keep me from going back. I just ignore what I don't like.

Well I have been to the other boards and I still think BBS is the best. I like the challenges of the debate section and the RC. Stretches my mind. So no matter how angry we get at BBS most, I think, will keep comimg back,

The other boards have tried to become the new home for us but they all lack something. And in some ways they are all more strict than BBS ever was. Some do not want anyone offended so they end up offending everyone themselves. LOL How smart is that and it alleniates people to leave.

Others just want light talk all the time. The number one topic is "what's for dinner tonight"? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

If BBS never had the viruse problems no one would have left. Yes, some can get down right nasty on here, usually in the vent section, but those people can be ignored.

I STILL LIKE BBS THE BEST.

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm sure these other boards will be more than happy to deactivate your account if your so unhappy with them. :)

There's never going to be a board where every member is happy. There will always be someone who can find something to complain about. I have three boards I visit and there's something at each of them I would change but that doesn't keep me from going back. I just ignore what I don't like.

I never posted any links to any other sites!!!
I really like ti hereI have made new friends and things to be happy about. WHat I dont like is when a person in charge on here don't care much if the site is up or not!
If that is the case then why not pass the job on to someone who does care....And I think you guys know who i am talking about. I am not going to type the name in cause this will get deleted also!!

newwiccan
12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Why are you quoting me? My post was directed at janelle. :)

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I didnt mean to quote you!!
I didn't realize I hit the button!!!

VEry sorry!!!

newwiccan
12-02-2005, 10:29 AM
No problem. That happens sometimes. :)

ahippiechic
12-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I really like ti hereI have made new friends and things to be happy about. WHat I dont like is when a person in charge on here don't care much if the site is up or not!
If that is the case then why not pass the job on to someone who does care....And I think you guys know who i am talking about. I am not going to type the name in cause this will get deleted also!!

Maybe you didn't post any links, but others did. It is much easier to just delete a thread than to go thru and edit all the posts.

And Alex owns this board, it's not a 'job' for him.

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Then maybe he should act like he is the owner...It's just a friendly thought!!
You dont start somethign and then just give up or quit...

janelle
12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I SHOULD say the boards I have gone to the most are not that stimulating with what's for dinner talk. That's fine if you like it ,but boards that let peole say things they want are more interesting, IMO. Maybe the new one I joined will be better.

I just know BBS has always been more open for all kinds of conversations. Any and all conversations. Streatches the mind even if others disagree with you. I don't mind that. I find it fun. :D

The other boards are fine, especially when BBS is down but I still like BBS the best. IMO.

Bliss
12-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I just know BBS has always been more open for all kinds of conversations. Any and all conversations. Streatches the mind even if others disagree with you. I don't mind that. I find it fun.

It's fun to debate so as long as people don't take it on a personal level. Which is not the case most of the time. People seem to get all defensive for whatever reason. Those threads do become humorous when the wigs start flying. When they get really good, they always result in getting locked. lol

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Ok.. If I offended anyone I am truly sorry!!!
I think it is humouous at times because i get upset or mad then i start typing on here and i don't look at the screen till i am done then i try to read what i typed and end up laughing cause of all my typos!!! If anyone thinks thats funny It's me!! I can't eve vent without mispelling something. that makes me laugh so hard that when my thread gets deleted i get mad..cause i had to go and correct all my typos before i posted it!!!

buttrfli
12-02-2005, 01:58 PM
It's fun to debate so as long as people don't take it on a personal level. Which is not the case most of the time. People seem to get all defensive for whatever reason. Those threads do become humorous when the wigs start flying. When they get really good, they always result in getting locked. lol

Those are my fav :D and we are due to have one soon LOL

Katt
12-02-2005, 02:49 PM

YOU may not have posted, but sites were posted. I never said YOU did anything.

Alex is NOT going to pass the site on to anyone. If he wanted to, he would have done it years ago instead of spending the thousands a month on servers. Whether anyone likes it or not, this site is a bread winner to him. It may not bring in affiliate money like it used to, through shopping links. But the ads, IF he sold email addresses, etc, would all bring in enough money to make the server costs worth it. Money, is what this site is about, always has been.

Your post isn't going to be deleted, even though it seems that is what you want with your references to this being deleted and that being deleted. We don't delete posts simply because someone doesn't like what was done here. If that were the case, most posts these days would be gone. Bottom line, if a post falls outside the rules, it WILL be removed. If it doesn't, it remains. Simple enough.

Also, I'm going to assume you are talking about Alex being the person in charge who needs to pass the job on to someone else, because I may only be an admin, but I can promise you, no one has tried harder to keep this site going, than I have this past year.

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 03:37 PM
And I thank you for that Katt!!!

Katt
12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
;) We're cool. :D

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 03:45 PM
How does one become an admin.?
I would be interested in helping out anyway that I can !!

Katt
12-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Get ahold of mom2jal. I leave that stuff up to her. I get on Alex's last nerve cause I nag about the place so much, so she takes care of that type of stuff. LOL

Bliss
12-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Those are my fav :D and we are due to have one soon LOL

I give it a week....lol

need4free
12-03-2005, 05:05 PM
the evil mods strike again LMFAO :p

Katt
12-03-2005, 06:21 PM
It keeps me young. :p

tngirl
12-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I give it a week....lol

Maybe a week....since I haven't really been posting :D ...lmao

ahippiechic
12-04-2005, 09:10 AM
the evil mods strike again LMFAO :p

Where you been girl?? :p

Crick
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM

I'm sure I hold the record for locked/deleted threads. However, I've always admitted I am very opinionated and love to have debates with others. ;) But, I've been trying to behave lately and not post as much because KATT is getting older and not as quick as she used to be at sending me PM's about being banned. :p Surprised I've been around as long as I have. :)

sweetpie
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=janelle I just know BBS has always been more open for all kinds of conversations. Any and all conversations. Streatches the mind even if others disagree with you. I don't mind that. I find it fun. :D

The other boards are fine, especially when BBS is down but I still like BBS the best. IMO.[/QUOTE]

what BBS means? thanks :)

tngirl
12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
what BBS means? thanks :)

Big Big Savings, the complete name of this board. Here is just the forums, there is actually more to the site than just the forums.