PDA

View Full Version : We were T-boned by a tractor trailor the day before thanksgiving

disneymom
11-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Oh my gosh, I have never been so scared in my life,me and my vaery pregnate siter in law had just been comming home from Ekards for some free toothbrushes, we were stiopped at a stopsign, and it looked like we had plently of room to go (this was a 4 way stop, well the tractor trailor NEVER stopped at his sign, and got us right on her side. SHe couldnt breath and said she had pain on her right side. So they rushed her tio the er, she had to stay for 24 hours to be monitored, she was ahving contractions, but it ok now. She only had one small brusiee on her arm, no cuts, scrapes or anything, and angel was truely with her. I went to the er via ambulance took me to a smaller hospital I had some glass in my eye, they removed it and sent me on my way, about an hour later, I was getting excrusiating necl/back pain, so my sister came and took me to the better hospital a town away. I was there for about 4-5 hours, tons of xrays later, they said they cou,dnt find any fractures, but gave me a neck brace to wear. I have a softball size bruise on my leg, and many cuts all over. The sad part about all this, is it wasnt my car, it was my other sister in laws, just thank God, none of my kiddos were with us!!! IT could have been so much worse. Anyway, they are still investigating, and going to put together a senerio of the accident to see what happened. There werre no witenmsses the night of the accident,m the cop told my hubby, other sisnter in law and her fiancess that and the next day 3 of them showed up. One sauid they were right behind us (and there was not ONE SOLE on the road behind us) and the others the cop didnt say where they were. But they said I ran the sign to, which this is just and outright LIE! Both of us know we stopped, and when I asked if they were gonna question my passenger,they said it wasnt nessisary, AND they said that even if I would have stopped, it STILL would have been my fault, becasue I was the one crossing into traffic. DOes this make any sense to you guys????? Is this REALLY the law>? I am gonna call an attourney, becasue it really doesnt sound right to me. Our town is really corrupt and would do anythign for a buck...hense our fire, we could never get a repotrt, , never got an inspection of our house, somehow it got "misplaced" so I am wondering if the trusking co paid off these "witnesses" IT justt doesnt sound right. SO now, I am broke, and have to replace their car :( Why cant something go right for once? I am in terrible pain today, but thank the lord above EVERYONE was uninjured. Thanks for letting me get it all lout, I would appreciate opnions please.

shellysms
11-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Nicole...I'm just really glad you are ok!!! and your SIL... I was worried about you girlfriend!!! BUT I am sorry about the problems...It's hard to believe..that no one was around...BUT now someone behind you saw it???? I just hope what is right get's done...hang in there!!!
HEY BigBigSavings..is back... Cool!!! :)

disneymom
11-26-2005, 09:16 AM
This was a dark street that only locals use, and people delivering to a bigwig car plant. I swear no one was behind us lol, I always ALWAYS check my rearview mirror, and there were NO lights behind us......Thanks for caring Shelly!!!!! Hugs!

luvangel72
11-26-2005, 09:56 AM
That is awful! I'm so glad no one was hurt. I don't knwo anything about traffic accident laws, but if I were you, I would do as much research as possible on it. Search online for your states laws concerning traffic. Consulting a lawyer would be great but that could get really pricey. Just make sure you know the laws because if you do your homework, they will realize they can't "scam" you. Good luck with this. And I hope you start feeling much better soon!

bell_peaches
11-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I am glad nobody was hurt. (hugs)

budlite
11-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Glad to hear you are not seriouly hurt. Will say a prayer for both of you.

queenangie
11-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Thank God that both of you are going to be fine, plus baby too.

Keep us posted on more progress...

Warm Hugs!