PDA

View Full Version : Angel Of Hope

Birchem
11-26-2005, 07:40 AM
http://www.angelsforhope.org/request.html

butteryfly830
11-26-2005, 03:17 PM
:) I am a member of Angels For Hope. We send out alot of angels, butterflies and smilies everyday to anyone in need of some hope. We are always taking new members to help us, too. So if you crochet, why not join in and make someone's day a little brighter!

mentalmom
11-26-2005, 03:28 PM
FROM THE WEBSITE:
"Angels for Hope is an organization that offers free crocheted angels for anyone in need of hope. We attach a small card with the angel to say to an injured or ill person, you are not alone, others do care, and you are in our thoughts and prayers."

This is a wonderful ministry....Please do not abuse this, by requesting free angels, just because you can...remember volunteers make these crocheted angels to help make someone who is sick or in pain feel encouraged...

In fact they can use donations:

"You can help us reach this goal by donating either monetarily or with supplies. Angels for Hope is made possible due to the dedication of our volunteer angels and the generous donations from people like you!"
http://www.angelsforhope.org/donate.html

june72
11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
FROM THE WEBSITE:
"Angels for Hope is an organization that offers free crocheted angels for anyone in need of hope. We attach a small card with the angel to say to an injured or ill person, you are not alone, others do care, and you are in our thoughts and prayers."

This is a wonderful ministry....Please do not abuse this, by requesting free angels, just because you can...remember volunteers make these crocheted angels to help make someone who is sick or in pain feel encouraged...

In fact they can use donations:

"You can help us reach this goal by donating either monetarily or with supplies. Angels for Hope is made possible due to the dedication of our volunteer angels and the generous donations from people like you!"
http://www.angelsforhope.org/donate.html

I wish I could do these but my talant is sure not in workin with yarn......but I have to say God bless youns that do.....they are beautiful. I sent for one for my dh for taking over the job of dad, mom, housewife and thru my mom's sickness and death. He was the best and I don't work so no money to get him anything and that was just great......he loved it and it even was his favorite color......so thank you all from the bottom of my heart. :)

jada1989
11-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Thank you, I sent one to my Mother, she is only 48 years of age. She is suffering from Hep.C and Graves disease. Thank you again. :o

1dragonfly
11-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank you, my angel is being sent to a dear friend that has terminal cancer

vkrivak
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
I just recently had a brain tumor removed and someone requested angel for hope for me. I was receiving angels and butterflies everyday for a week. It really brightened my spirits and help me get through my ordeal. I'm going to decorate my Christmas tree with the angels as a reminder that there are caring people out there.

Vicki

SueShopper
11-28-2005, 12:47 AM
thnks

DonnaWV
11-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Thank You so much for posting this. I sent one to my sister in law. She has brest cancer. She is nearing the end of her treatments , and I am sure this will bless her.

weebit29
11-28-2005, 10:41 AM
I dont know anything about crochet :( can ya'll use any cross stitchers, that I can do extremely well LOL. This is something I would like to be involved in if possible.
Missy

butteryfly830
11-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Missy,
Sorry all of our angels, butterflies & smilies are crocheted. The pattern is copywrited so please don't try to copy it if you receive an angel. i didn't mean that for you, but for anyone reading this. We do this as a labor of love, most of us have lost a loved one or have seen someone suffer through an illness. The feeling you get when you send out a request is simply amazing. So if you know of someone who needs a lift, send in a request. Sometimes a person is just down on their luck and receiving an angel makes their day. And yes, we do accept donations of yarn, etc. :) Angels For Hope

mlmckelvy
11-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I am also a member of this wonderful group, and so enjoy making the angels and butterflies to send out each week. I have been doing this for about 2 years now. They do bring joy to those when they need it most.

Please join is if you know how to crochet. Or of course donations are accepted.

Also please vote for our site. http://www.freeipodcontest.com/?angelsforhope.org

Thanks

genie56283
11-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I would but dont know how to crochet!!Thank you ladies!!You are wonderful people for doing these nice things for others!!Merry xmas!!

Lilypad
12-02-2005, 07:09 AM
I had one of these sent to my mother-in-law who had cancer. She just loved it. She was cremated and the family had it go with her. Thank so much for such a wonderful program.

trixntara
12-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Thankyou ladies so much, i ordered an angel of hope sometime ago for my mother that is battling lupus, and it was absolutely beautiful. It sure put a smile on her face. God Bless!!

archergirl
12-24-2005, 11:07 PM
What a neat program... I would love to be a part of it, and love to crochet, but I only know the most basic crochet stitch. I'm great at making scarves -- those don't have the fancy stitches afghans do. :) I can't tell from the pictures -- could a basic crochet-er make these?

-gina-

Sapphire26
12-28-2005, 04:22 AM
I am an avid crocheter...and would love to get in on this and help out. I have also taken on a little task of my own....making baby booties for the newborns at the hospital. I live in a small town and it tickles me to death to see a baby out in public wearing a pair of my booties. Email me or send me a pm if you guys would like some help with the angel and such.

butteryfly830
12-28-2005, 06:43 AM
Archergirl...........we only use basic crocheting in making our Angels, butterflies, and smiley's. The angels are hard at first, but I know you can do them. Start with the other 2 they are very easy. Some of our Angels only make the butterflies. We would love to have you!!!
Linda

Sapphire,,,Yes, please do join us, we never seem to have enough hands. This is a world wide group of men and women and we hace alot of members, but there are more people suffering than there are angels. But we somehow get those requests all sent out. We would love to have you join in....
Linda

Sapphire26
12-28-2005, 08:22 PM
ok, I signed up. Says there is approximately a 4 week wait to be accepted and contacted by cindy....:)

magickay
12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't crochet, but did make a small donation. Maybe I can put more into it when I earn more Webcertificates thru the reward programs I do. I love the concept of this program! Many blessings on all of you who contribute your time and devotion to this project.

catnip
12-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Thank you a friend of mine just lost her Husband of 15 years and in return it has made her very ill depression and not eating I hope that maybe this will cheer her up just a little to know that there are people out there that really do care and maybe she will get healthy again. Great organization !

jada1989
12-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I want to learn to crocet so bad.. I wanna do the baby booty thing at our hospital!!!... Maybe that can be one of my resolutions!!! ;)

Sapphire26
12-31-2005, 11:25 PM
jada....if you would like to learn the pattern is very easy...I could help you....email me and we can get ya going. kimberly@historicbristol.com

jcw
01-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I would love to join . Is the postage very high to mail them out?

chilly1
01-16-2006, 05:04 PM
jcw, i do not crochet but would be willing to pay all your postage for mailing them if it would help you out. emai; me at kimblair_2001@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Njean31
01-16-2006, 08:46 PM
they sent my mother one and she loved it. thanks, i made a paypal donation to help this wonderful program in a small way. if i could crochet, i'd do this for sure. :)

jcw
01-18-2006, 07:43 AM
jcw, i do not crochet but would be willing to pay all your postage for mailing them if it would help you out. emai; me at kimblair_2001@yahoo.com if you are interested.

I really appreciate this. Hope we can work together and help out this good cause. I tried to email you but I kept getting a message saying error and it wouldn't go through.You can email me at ( got your email and emailed you back.thanks)

mlmckelvy
02-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Bump....

:)

gravittr
02-14-2006, 01:44 PM
thanks

magickay
02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I requested one in December for a friend of mine who is in rehab for a spinal cord injury since Memorial Day. She loved hers! It's hanging by her bed and keeps her company as she continues to regain use of her limbs.

Thank you so much for this!! It means a lot to her.

chosnchld
02-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Thank you for this posting! I ordered on for my friend who is in need of some cheering up. Sometimes, the pains we have are inner pains not so easily seen.
Tina

marrbear
02-14-2006, 11:37 PM
I just signed up to help I am new at crocheting but I am going to give it a try.Thanks for the post.

magickay
01-06-2007, 10:53 PM
I had an angel sent anonymously to my friend's husband who was diagnosed with cancer. He died Christmas night. When I went to her house after the funeral, I saw that he had received two angels. It seems appropriate, since they have two sons. But I wonder who sent the other angel?

This ministry is a wonderful thing -- I will be making additional contributions to this worthy cause. God bless you all!

stampdog
01-07-2007, 03:19 PM
thanks

Birchem
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Bump!

ilikefree
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks. My friend from elementary school was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. I'm having an angel sent to her.

MistyWolf
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I have one of these butterflies. I had it sent to my Grandma a few years back and when she passed it was on her little Christmas tree in her room at the nursing home.

Anyhow, my sister and I went to see her after she died (she passed on Christmas morning) and when I turned to leave I seen the butterfly. It was like a sign to me from her and now every year, it has a special place on my tree.

WinterStorm
07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I had the angel sent to my aunt about 4 years ago, the angel she got is really cute. God Bless all the people who make these.

MizzouLady
06-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I got a butterfly several years ago when my mother was still living. She was in a nursing home with Parkinson's disease, and her mind was affected, similiar to how Alzheimer's does. She loved her butterfly and played with it a lot. I really appreciate the joy it gave her.