PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE THIS BOARD but.....

vieprivee
11-25-2005, 06:31 PM
:( WHY is it offline more than it is online? WHAT is happening here? Any ideas? I figured THIS time it would never come back! :(

tuhraycee
11-25-2005, 06:44 PM
I feel the same way! I wonder sometimes if I like this board too much because I wind up relying on it and then it's not online, like today.

I know the administrator doesn't like it to be offline anymore than we do, but I wish there was an announcement or a sticky somewhere stating what happens. (Or if there is, I just haven't noticed?)

dv8grl
11-25-2005, 06:55 PM
i totally agree. this is the 1st time I have been able to access the site in nearly a week. What GIVES? Other boards are great and I appriciate them all.. But this board I feel is on its last legs!

vieprivee
11-25-2005, 07:24 PM
i totally agree. this is the 1st time I have been able to access the site in nearly a week. What GIVES? Other boards are great and I appriciate them all.. But this board I feel is on its last legs!

THANKS SO MUCH for the new websites to check out! :)

THANKS!!!! :)

usascs
11-25-2005, 07:58 PM
I use to rely on this board as well. Now I am cheating and visiting another awsome place.

vieprivee
11-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I use to rely on this board as well. Now I am cheating and visiting another awsome place.

PLEASE send me an email with the address...thanks ever so much! :)

cinn45
11-26-2005, 09:12 AM
would someone please email me some of those sites..hate it when this board is down...

lilbitcountry45@hotmail.com

jkmiller
11-26-2005, 09:20 AM
would someone please email me the others as well? I came here from another popular board that closed down, and I can't really find any good ones.
Thank you so much! jkcomp2003@yahoo.com

mlayton1994
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
same here. can someone email me some other awesome sights to mlayton1994@yahoo.com

thanks~

mariem
11-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Please send me the name of other popular boards too. Thanks!

purplerose23
11-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Same right here too............

purplerose21_77@yahoo.com

Thanks!

tsquared
11-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I figure that they are not buying as much bandwidth as they have in the past and thus this will cause these kinds of problems

bell_peaches
11-26-2005, 09:10 PM
PLEASE DON'T FORGET ME. I would appreciate some of those other sites also. Thank You java_joe59@hotmail.com I love this site also but when it is down I feel lost. Barb

lovee777
11-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Oh please send me the link too! I rely on this board way too much! I go nuts when its not up!
kristalbaron@yahoo.com

TYIA!!!!!!!!!!

Lafwthme2
11-27-2005, 03:08 AM
I couldn't agree more. It's getting REALLY frustrating! I almost feel like Alex just doesn't care much about this site anymore. He used to be good about keeping us informed about any problems that caused downtime but at least back then the downtime days were few and far between. Now it's down more than up it seems. And on Black Friday to boot! Worse time for this site to be down. And then when it FINALLY comes back up we don't hear a word about what the problem is. :confused: I love it here, but man, it's getting FRUSTRATING!

Would someone please PM me the other site mentioned? I would really appreciate it.

tarasdream
11-27-2005, 05:17 AM
could someone pm me the links too!! thank you

karmatic
11-27-2005, 06:27 AM
Pm me the links too pls :D

lavena1975
11-27-2005, 07:11 AM
can i have the links also:) PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

vieprivee
11-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I figure that they are not buying as much bandwidth as they have in the past and thus this will cause these kinds of problems

THANKS, tsquared! THIS might explain the problem.

I bet, however, that a lot of us who love this board so much would send in a small donation(maybe from paypal?) to help this board run more regularly. I can only speak for myself about this but it is an idea to maybe keep it up and running, IF money is the reason it is regularly down. This might be an ABSURD idea, but I thought I would just throw it out there. Comments? THANKS! :)

Willow
11-27-2005, 09:28 AM
THANKS, tsquared! THIS might explain the problem.

I bet, however, that a lot of us who love this board so much would send in a small donation(maybe from paypal?) to help this board run more regularly. I can only speak for myself about this but it is an idea to maybe keep it up and running, IF money is the reason it is regularly down. This might be an ABSURD idea, but I thought I would just throw it out there. Comments? THANKS! :)

That's a nice gesture but according to some of the posts I have read in the past I don't think money is the issue. ;)

vieprivee
11-27-2005, 10:33 AM
That's a nice gesture but according to some of the posts I have read in the past I don't think money is the issue. ;)

Do you have some idea, then, as to why the board is down so often?(guess I missed these posts)

THANKS! :)

pandalover
11-27-2005, 11:02 AM
one can never have too many boards to visit. please email links to srjpandalover@hotmail.com

thaiangel
11-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Please email me too.

thaiangel@juno.com

Thanks

magic52
11-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Can someone e-mail me a good site also--Thanks
cmorrow2@cox.net

Willow
11-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Do you have some idea, then, as to why the board is down so often?(guess I missed these posts)

THANKS! :)

I'm not sure exactly what causes it to go down other that what one member has already mentioned which is the amount of bandwidth, but it has been said that the owner has other business ventures that he has made a priority and that this board is the least of his worries. I'm assuming that when it does go down that fixing it is not at the top of his to do list.

vieprivee
11-27-2005, 12:25 PM
THANKS, Patchouli!! :( Sounds like this board is not gonna be around much longer. I HOPE I am wrong, but if it is such a low priority maybe one day it will be no priority. SO SAD but much much we can do about it. c'est la vie!

catssass
11-27-2005, 01:46 PM
I would like the other websites too...can someone please email me them

Thanks so much..Pam...

catssass@hotmail.com

Jayd
11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
pm me too?
Thanks! :)

clc
11-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Can someone please send me the list too? I dont get to log on here very often anymore and it seems when I can, I either get an error or a time out :confused:

My address is cc-at-compukat.net (replace the -at- with a @)

mosdata1
11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Could someone also send me the other sites?
mosdata@yahoo.com

Thanks! :)

tngirl
11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I know some so if anyone is interested, email me at displacedtngirl@hotmail.com

Infin~
11-28-2005, 03:54 PM
I would love a good new site to check out as well!

infinitecomplexity@yahoo.com

Thanks SO much! :p

honey79574
11-28-2005, 05:18 PM
hi could someone email me the links to the other websites also,thanks honey79574@aol.com

swoose
11-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Me too please. We just had to dump and reload our computer, so I need all the happy hunting help I can get.

swoose_s@yahoo.com

Thanks!

DonnaWV
12-02-2005, 03:27 AM
Could someone email me the other sites. Thannks so much.

Countryg39@yahoo.com

momtofuss
12-02-2005, 05:23 PM
pm to me too thanks

Wimzik
12-02-2005, 05:52 PM
There is a link to my forum in my profile for anyone who would like to check it out. :)

ahippiechic
12-02-2005, 09:34 PM
There is a link to my forum in my profile for anyone who would like to check it out. :)

A very nice place to go! :)

ncstategal
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
if its not to much trouble could someone send me those links as well....thanks
metallicagirl99_2000@yahoo.com

katkat777
12-03-2005, 06:53 AM
I don't come here as often as I used to. I go to a couple of differnet boards now. Like a travel site and a tv message board that everyone snarks on different tv shows. I know it's not a freebie site but it is quite fun. If you would like the addy email me: katkat777@hotmail.com

jam4155
12-03-2005, 08:59 AM
great website Wimzik!!! :) :) :)

Katt
12-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Do not post links to other boards. I deleted them this time, instead of pulling them like I did in the other thread. I will not take the time to do it next time. Instead, I will just remove the thread. If you want to email those asking, fine, but the board cannot be used to promote other boards.

sweetpie
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Wimzik]There is a link to my forum in my profile for anyone who would like to check it out. :)[/QUOTE

I'll go check it out right now. thanks

need4free
12-03-2005, 05:00 PM
You can do different google searches and find a thousand different freebie boards to check out, just use different search word combinations, like "free samples" "freebie message boards" "free sample site" etc. I have found more sites than I can handle that way. ;)

ccbmom
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I've had it too. I can't believe it's up again now! I used to check this every morning and every night like clockwork. Not any more. For months, BBS has been totally unreliable.

I hate to say it after all these years, but send me the link(s) too.

tmdsampler@aol.com

freeplease
12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Can I get the list, too? This place is as reliable as a 50 cent girdle. :rolleyes:

burgiepeg@iwon.com

sweetpie
12-06-2005, 05:19 PM
can someone pm me with the links please.

DBackFan
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I have a board in my profile that you are all welcome to join :)

sweetdeals
12-08-2005, 11:36 AM
There are alot of them out there, but not all are updated regularly.

Karen5111
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Would appreciate it if you would email me the other site links as well. Thank you so much in advance, Karen l.a.petersen@worldnet.att.net

Jayd
12-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Honestly I am amazed that Alex kept the site this long.
See how other sites are charging fees and asking for memberships? Alex didn't go there.
I think we were more of a hobby for him. :)

So Thanks, Alex for 5 years of full mailboxes, secret bonus Christmas money, and all of the great things that have happened to me just because of this site.
I made and lost a few moderators here as friends but I wouldn't trade ANY of it.

catssass
12-08-2005, 02:55 PM
See how other sites are charging fees and asking for memberships? Alex didn't go there.

So Thanks, Alex for 5 years of full mailboxes, secret bonus Christmas money, and all of the great things that have happened to me just because of this site.
I made and lost a few moderators here as friends but I wouldn't trade ANY of it.

Finally someone said what I have been thinking..I am so greatful for finding BBS...I have met alot of wonderful people, gotten a ton of free stufff, made alot of money in surveys, found many great deals and have had a place to visit when I am happy or sad...I would rather have it "broken" than not at all...I know the mods have no control over the problems here and if Alex is busy thats OK, so far he has gotten around to fixing it and I will accept that....So, THANK YOU ALEX, BBS & all the people here!!

sahmsfreeb
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM

ditto... :)

tonka06405
12-12-2005, 01:35 PM
please email with new freebie sites too! tonka06405@hotmail.com

vieprivee
12-15-2005, 11:50 AM

I do so appreciate this board being up and running for so long and I appreciate the administrator doing all the work needed to keep it here for us. I JUST WISH that we had been given a heads up that he no longer has the time for BBS. MAYBE someone else would have taken over or if anyone had known that this great board would be going under? I am sad and disappointed that this wonderful board is no longer available for us on a regular basis and each time it goes down I figure it will never be up again(AND I BET THIS WILL HAPPEN SOON!).

I don't feel that the administrator owes us anything, but a brief explanation prior to it being down days on end would have be nice. IF that were done, we would thank him and move on.