PDA

View Full Version : Big vent/for whoever did it.

LADYBUDD1
11-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey, I am venting about my post being removed. I had posted about a terminally ill mommy needing xmas help. (under general) I beleive it was a scrooge that must have removed it. The scrooge always steals little kids christmas's. What a mean thing to do. And this mommy is sick with a disease that will only allow her four years to live, at best! I just can not beleive some mod or what ever would be so heartless. This burns my butt. I did check rules and did not see anything about not makeing this kind of post in the general section. I was not doing anything more than talking, like everyone here does. I guess because I posted a question about were all the members have went, must be the reason it was removed. How stupid and childish. I will now look for this other site that all the old member have went to. I will become a member there, and I bet they are nice enough to let me post, without it being removed by a big scrooge. This is a vent forum and I hope that you can't be band for posting whatever vent you may have. Everyone else vents without being band or without it being removed, so I should not be treated ANY differently. Right? we will see I guess! :confused:

Katt
11-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I guess I should say Bah Humbug?

However, since it cannot be verified every amount donated will go to the person, and posts asking for donations etc have NEVER been allowed, it was removed.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding how this board is ran, or the rules we have to uphold, feel free to email forum support. Posting all over the board, the same topic (especially if it's going to include calling me names for doing my job), is considered flooding and I do not want to have to halt posting privilages.

Bliss
11-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I understand your frustration. I don't believe threads asking for "help" are allowed, due to people taking others for a ride. I'm sorry a few scammers have ruined it for those who are really in desperate need.

I'm sorry the lady is having a tough time. Has she signed her children up for the Angel tree, salvation army, toys for tots, and there are many more organizations out there that can help her out.

Oooops! Sorry Katt, I replied at the same time.. :p

LADYBUDD1
11-19-2005, 10:56 PM
I was venting. I have only posted to ask why the post was removed, in general, and now, here in vent. Two post? I have not abused the posting privlage, nor am I flooding the board with the same post, nor have I ever. I don't think saying grench is really name calling. I refraned from saying anything other than that one word. But whatever. Also there has been Christmas help offered and received here, just last year, I was part of that. I have been a member here for almost five years and hate to leave. I guess this isnt the place it used to be. I always thought of the members here as friends. It seems that my friends are mostly gone. I can really understand why. I can't even vent here any more, and I thought that was what this section of the forum was for. But ok. I will leave now...

buttrfli
11-20-2005, 07:33 AM
The Christmas help you are talking about is when there is some type of exchange or secret santa set up... usually by an active trusted member and they help the BBS families who need help, so there is a way to verify that money and gifts are going where they were intended. Coming on and asking for help has never been allowed (as Katt stated). Her removing the post wasn't personal. Unfortunately scammers come here every year around this time and take advantage of trusting members.

Look at it this way (and I am not trying to be mean here) Until that particular post, you have only posted twice in 2005. To a lot of people, that sends red flags up. You could be the most sincere person to ever have posted in the history of BBS... or you could be running a scam... we just don't know.

tngirl
11-20-2005, 07:43 AM
The Christmas help you are talking about is when there is some type of exchange or secret santa set up... usually by an active trusted member and they help the BBS families who need help, so there is a way to verify that money and gifts are going where they were intended. Coming on and asking for help has never been allowed (as Katt stated). Her removing the post wasn't personal. Unfortunately scammers come here every year around this time and take advantage of trusting members.

Look at it this way (and I am not trying to be mean here) Until that particular post, you have only posted twice in 2005. To a lot of people, that sends red flags up. You could be the most sincere person to ever have posted in the history of BBS... or you could be running a scam... we just don't know.

ITA. It is nothing personal against you. So many of us have been taken for a ride that the administrators have to draw a line somewhere. Just like in FSOT, I only deal with people that have been around a while and have good feedback. If someone comes on selling something and they haven't posted or sold very much, I will not deal with them. We are not cold hearted people, but the majority of us are living paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford to be taken.

I wish your friend the best and there are lots of charities out there that help in matters like this.

luvangel72
11-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks buttrfli for explaining the reasoning so well. I do understand a bit more why it was removed now. But I also understand the frustration for ladybudd1 who just wanted to do something good for someone. She thought what she was doing was good and then she was "punished" for it. I do understand that there are a lot of scammers out there and it is sad that people do take advantage of others. But couldn't this have been handled a better way? I feel she at least deserved an explanation before the removal and that could have alleviated the hurt feelings. Imo, buttrfli's explanation has been the 1st that wasn't mean or accusing so far.

Katt
11-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry, but if I had to respond to everyone, BEFORE removing or moving a post, I would never even get to the removal part. There is forum support, which I answer every question in, yet I never once saw an email in there. No, it was put here, with insults and hatefulness, about my having to do my job. So, if my reply wasn't all roses and sunshine, I'm sorry. I Have a job to do, I do it, I take the flack for it, I move on.

I "could" have handled it differently. I could have just edited the post saying asking for donations isn't allowed, and locked it. Then, I would have been attacked for leaving the post and "embarassing" the person. In my time here, I've heard it all, no one is ever happy with the way the job is done, and I can live with that. The job still gets done.

Ohh, and as for one of the "other" boards...I'm an admin on one of those also, and it's not allowed there either. Just a heads up before bothering to join in hopes of soliciting items/money/whatever.

This has taken up enough of board space, as it's not going to be allowed, so vailed insults won't be effective. As it is, this post, and the one in OT is being closed. All futher discussion can be pointed towards forum support and handled OFF the board.