PDA

View Full Version : For The Traders And Ebay Sellers.........

tsquared
11-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that there are fake postal money orders going around for things bought off the internet...nothing new i know...........but
Had a lady today that got 4 of these for a total or $850 for something she sold on the net. Luckily she kept the item until the fake money orders got to her.

tracyb
11-17-2005, 11:42 AM
great...now people wont be taking m.o...geeze...why don't people just grow up and get with the program....CRIME NEVER PAYS.....I hope they get these scammers.

Tasha405
11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
That really blows it for people who pay w/money orders.

Thanks for the heads up.

It really does and thats about all I ever use to pay for things I buy online because I don't use paypal. :(

Thanks for the heads up T! :)

buttrfli
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I stopped taking money orders a year ago when I got a fake one (it was a BAD fake too LOL)

I would certainly take one form soemone that the I knew, but as far as ebay goes, if you get a MO, take it to a check cashing place to cash it and not your bank.. your bank will just deposit it and not find the fake till later (sometimes a week or so) and if its fake, it will mess you up bad. A check cashing place won't give you the $ until they check it. Add on an extra $1 or so for to cover the fees tho.

tsquared
11-17-2005, 08:45 PM
You should be able to feel the watermark line that runs vertically down the money order and holding it up to the light clearly see the watermark. The watermark should be large and clearly visible to you.

sdb_ngc
11-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks T for the heads up and how to spot a fake. :)

eve17
11-18-2005, 11:40 AM
thanks for the fyi