PDA

View Full Version : Child being bullied

Tisky67
11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I want to choke this mother up the street from us !!!! Her youngest son (he is 7) is a BULLY!!!!! She knows what he does to other kids & turns her head and says "my son does nothing wrong, its your kid".

This morning at the bus stop my youngest boy (he is 8) was standing next to me talking to a friend that was sitting in her car, this bully comes up, pushes my son & tells him "I told you to move if I want to stand somewhere. YOU DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO"

EXCUSE ME !!!! wth

Then when they were lining up to get on the bus, this bully kicks my son. At that point I looked at this kid & told him DONT KICK MY SON.

I called the school & they told me that since it was at the bus stop, the school could not do anything to punish this kid. The principal told me to call the police if this keeps up at the bus stop. Now the kicker is that I have & other parents in our neighborhood have called the police about this kid. Last summer he hit another boy in the head with a baseball bat 2 times because he didnt want to be told on for throwing rocks. 2 yrs ago he hit my middle son in the back with a metal shovel. The police have told her to do something with her sons behavior or CYS would be called.

What do I do here ? I mean my kids are well behaved & I am not saying they are perfect angels by any means. I just dont think its fair that this kid bullies my son & the mother turns a blind eye.

YNKYH8R
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Make him disappear......oh...where did he go? :)

krystalbubbles
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
By all means, call the police on him. He needs to know and understand that there are consequences for his actions and the younger the better. If he's doing this now, what is he going to be doing later on in life? Him pushing, shoving, and kicking are all forms of assault. Until he learns that this behavior is inappropriate, it will only escalate as he gets older (from experience, I was a bully growing up). I hope things get better for you!

Good Luck!

belcherpi
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
I say call the authorities. If this kid is known to hit with shovels and bats then something definately needs to be done with him. If the parents aren't going to control him then he needs to be sent to someone who can.

hblueeyes
11-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Look into those mass of papers the school passes out at registration. They are responsible for the kids at the bus stop and on the bus. here they get involved too for walkers on their way to and from school. Start documentating everything and call the police every time and demand a report be made. Take him to the doctor for every bruise,cut etc., that your kid gets as part of your documentation. Keep good records. Then call a schoolboard member and request to speak before the board. Tell them your problem and ask about policy and what they plan to do. If no policy is in place petition to have one.

Then, I hate this part but it is the one thing that gets attention, go to the Dad and the Mom and tell them if it does not stop that you not only have instructed your son to protect himself but that you are seeking the assistance of a lawyer and will sue them if it happens again. Make some snotty remark about "nice house. I could use some rental income."

My son was about 3-4 years youner than his bully and the Dad responded favorably but the Mom was another who could care less and thought her son was an angel. Well when I brought up about sueing them because my child had a right to not be bullied by her son and that their house should get me an easy $1500 per month. it stopped. It started up again a few months later. I then filed a lawsuit in small claims court for my medical expenses and my sons pain and suffering. I won and they moved. This was in the summer. During the school year the school took action against the boy. He had to stay after scholl til 3pm everyday to allow my son time to get home. This helped in proving the parents we negligent and helped me win my case.

Good luck and tell you son to fight back. Even if he gets in trouble I bet the bully thinks twice. As long as he knows that nothing will happen to him he will not change.

Me :p

catssass
11-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Is there anyway you can videotape him doing these things? If so, do it and then take it to the police with this child and his mother...or I would be at that bus stop everyday, supervising this kid...

andreame70
11-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't think you have any other choice but to call the police. This kid is bold and brazen enough to do these things to your child WHILE YOU ARE PRESENT. I cringe to think of what he does or attempts to do when you aren't there!

I would contact the police and explain to them that this is not the the first time that you have had to call them about this child. Give them the name and numbers of all of the kids who witnessed the incidents. I bet that when the police begin an investigation, there will be a lot more of them who will tell similar stories of it happening to them as well.

And as far as it not being in the schools jurisdiction...I beg to differ about that. Maybe the school can't do anything about what happened before the bus came, but your son was kicked by this kid as he was trying to get on the bus. I think they should be able to do something about that.

At any rate, I would not just let this go. This little monster needs to be stopped now before he seriously injures someone.

And you have more patience than I. I think if I had seen the kid do that to my son, I would have called the police from my cell phone and I might have bullied him up a little before they arrived, lol. (Just kidding, but I would want to I am sure.)

Andrea

Ga-PEACH
11-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Try this website (http://www.bullypolice.org/grade.html) here is another one that has valuable info too (http://www.safeyouth.org/scripts/topics/bullying.asp)

This was very helpful in getting my childs new school to listen. There have been no incidences since we let the school know we were wise to the new ANTI-BULLY laws that have taken effect. It may help. Good Luck, I know it sucks big time when there are little jerks who bully. Sometimes you feel helpless. :)

tammy77
11-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Please do something about this kid before its to late.Its not something to take lightly.When it comes to bullying Ill be the first person to say press charges and/or sue.

Ga-PEACH
11-15-2005, 06:56 PM
The first step is to alert the principal and teacher/bus driver, depending on where it is taking place(the bullying), ask for a conference with the other childs parents, but let them know you are willing to HOLD THE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD, TEACHER(s), AND MOST OF ALL PARENTS LIABLE if they do not put an end to it. Alot of parents do not realize that they are just as responsible for the actions of their children. Your child has rights and bullying is unlawful in many states. We had a child who lived a mile away, who was bullied on a consistent basis and one day was bullied to the point where he commited suicide over it. It is a tragic thing but you can do something about it. However, you must start the process to stop the bullying by speaking firsthand with the parents and any other adults who are involved as I already mentioned, the teachers, bus drivers etc all are responsible for the safety of your child while in school, on the bus and even at the bus stop. But make sure that you do let them all know that you will press charges against them if this situation does not cease. Why should your sweetie have to endure pain and unruly punks when there are adults around who are supposed to protect them and who are supposed to look out for your childs best interests. I have been through this and believe me this is what it takes. Oh by the way the school is responsible for the bus stop and the bus. Also most importantly, what this boy has done is CALLED ASSAULT!!!!This warrants police intervention. But you should act now, do not let it go.

ajksmom
11-16-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't understand why the school is say that they are not responsible...my son got kicked off the bus for 3 days for yelling a cuss word at a boy while the bus was driving off. I told them well he was in our yard and they said it didn't matter it was a school bus stop and therefore the school was responsible for the discipline.

Call the School Board and see if that gets you anywhere and keep records and necessary call the police back.

Good Luck

usascs
11-16-2005, 01:50 PM
sounds like the bully is the next serial killer

Tisky67
11-16-2005, 02:50 PM
sounds like the bully is the next serial killer

LOL you know what ?!?!?! this is what alot of us parents are saying in the neighborhood. This kid already tortures animals, almost set the pine trees up the road on fire while SMOKING, and they cant prove it was him but one of the neighbors had someone light matches in their livingroom while they were gone one day & it burned through the carpet, into the hardwood floor & was still smoldering when they got home from work. (their front door lock was broke & only 4 people knew it was broke & this kid was one of the people who knew).

The mother today was giving me nasty looks at the bus stop, I think the school called her. She made a comment to one of the grammas at the bus stop that she needs to move out of this neighborhood. I COULDNT AGREE MORE !!!!

andreame70
11-16-2005, 03:20 PM
So what has the school done...did you call and ask them to explain why they feel they are not responsible for things that go on at the bus stop? It seems to me that if they are truly not responsible for the bus stop, then why would they even need to call the mother about it?

I think you are going to get a serious run around from the school if you don't muster up the strength to get in their faces and force them to protect your son and all the other kids from this menace.

Please don't take this lightly. It is apparent that he has been in trouble in the past for the same behavior and he didn't learn a lesson from it at that time. Obviously, talking to the parents and to him is not effective, so you need to step up the heat on his parents, the school and the child to get some results.

Good luck to you.

Andrea

lisahiser
11-17-2005, 05:49 AM
I am sorry, but if some kid was messing with mine and the parent wouldn't do anything about it, I would call the cops, every time that little snot would say anything or threaten in any way or even touch my child.
Especially if I am standing right there and the child just hauls off and hits my child--- I don't think so, that kids mother would have had me knocking at her door and if she didn't do anything I would yank my cell phone out right then and there and call the cops right in front of her.
I refuse to deal with bullying. My oldest son had a problem one year with a bully at school, and it wasn't the fact that the bully was picking on him, it was the fact that the bully was picking on my nephew, (his cousin), I had many phone calls from the principal telling me about this kid and my son. I flat out told the principal I wanted something done about it now, and I wanted a meeting with him, his parents and the principal. We set a meeting, only, the kid and his parents didn't show. So the principal sent home a note to the kid's parents and nothing happened to my son or my nephew again.

and I do realize that this is not always the child's fault that they act this way, they weren't taught any better. No one has cared enough to step in and correct this behavior, its the parents job, and someone is lacking in their job.

If I were you, I would constantly bug this woman until she does something about her child, or better yet, have all the kids stand like half a block away from the bus stop and let that bully stand there by himself, he can't bother anyone if there is no one there to bully. Just a thought..... and my opionon

YankeeMary
11-17-2005, 06:26 AM
If this child is torturing animals and behaving this bad, possibly he has something going on. Mental illness strikes at any age, and its possible his parents are in denial. Regardless, IMO the school is definatly responsible as others have said. If I were you the very next time I (my child) has any more trouble out of this kid, I would immediatly call the school, then the police. I would demand someone do something before things get real out of hand. This child is dangerous, IMO if he is torturing animals at this young age. I am so sorry you (your son) have to deal with this.

Blondiex46
11-17-2005, 05:04 PM
The principal is wrong it is the school's responsibility. I would go above him. Write a letter to the principal telling him what has been happening, put a short cronology about the incidents as you know them. CC everyone you know, school board, guidance counselor, (potentially if this isn't taken care of your child could start acting out behaviorally)teacher and anybody else you want to inform. See what happens. If you want to write the letter to the principal and see what happens and if nothing does THEN send another one including the SB telling them that you brought it to the attention of the principal to no avail.

You could ask the principal to having a meeting with you and the parents. Can't video tape I don't think cause of privacy issues, not sure would ask an attorney about that one.

hblueeyes
11-17-2005, 06:02 PM
You can videotape the child at the bus stop etc but cannot use that same video for public viewing (ie., tv,magazine adetc.,) without the parents signing a release.

me :p

CatrinaF25
11-18-2005, 02:53 AM
first give your son a hug from me!
second i wonder why a 7 yr old is at the bus stop without his parents??
it is the school's responablity and the parents! if the child cant be trusted then the parents should not let the kid out of the house without them there PERIOD!

Ga-PEACH
11-18-2005, 05:07 AM
You can videotape the child at the bus stop etc but cannot use that same video for public viewing (ie., tv,magazine adetc.,) without the parents signing a release.

me :p

What would she be sending it to people magazine???LOL good grief she can tape it for legal purposes, lawyers, school board etc. I am sure that is the idea behind taping it.

Vee030473
11-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Any new developments? I feel your anguish,I really do.We had a big time bully in our neighborhood and man it was AWFUL!!! We had only lived in our neighborhood 3 months and the kid next door who was 6 ,decided to take one of those Razor scooters and hit my 8 yr old son on the back of the head!!! I wasnt home when it happened but lemme say,when I got home and my hubby told me about it,I marched my butt over there to talk to the mom and she said she already punished him. Uh huh... yea right,the kid was outside playing!!! He continually did things to my son and my son would never retaliate because he said it wasnt right,the kid was younger,and smaller than him.Im glad I raised my kids to be aware of things like that,but deep down I wanted to tell him to just beat the crap out of him because thats what I felt like doing to his mom.Sad to say I let it go on for about 2 weeks of telling my son to avoid him,things like that.Til one morning I finally woke up and said no more.I called Child protective Services and let them know what was going on and how the parents wouldnt do anything to stop it and how at the bus stop this kid would push,spit,kick and scream to be first in line.They came out to her house and I guess it worked because we had no more troubles from them.But then another family moved in and he shot one of the girls with a paintball gun,on the side of her face!!! The police came out on that one,and after everyone in the neighborhood decided enough was enough and called CPS after every incident,they FINALLY moved!

Unicornmom77
11-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Look into those mass of papers the school passes out at registration. They are responsible for the kids at the bus stop and on the bus. here they get involved too for walkers on their way to and from school. Start documentating everything and call the police every time and demand a report be made. Take him to the doctor for every bruise,cut etc., that your kid gets as part of your documentation. Keep good records. Then call a schoolboard member and request to speak before the board. Tell them your problem and ask about policy and what they plan to do. If no policy is in place petition to have one.

Then, I hate this part but it is the one thing that gets attention, go to the Dad and the Mom and tell them if it does not stop that you not only have instructed your son to protect himself but that you are seeking the assistance of a lawyer and will sue them if it happens again. Make some snotty remark about "nice house. I could use some rental income."

My son was about 3-4 years youner than his bully and the Dad responded favorably but the Mom was another who could care less and thought her son was an angel. Well when I brought up about sueing them because my child had a right to not be bullied by her son and that their house should get me an easy $1500 per month. it stopped. It started up again a few months later. I then filed a lawsuit in small claims court for my medical expenses and my sons pain and suffering. I won and they moved. This was in the summer. During the school year the school took action against the boy. He had to stay after scholl til 3pm everyday to allow my son time to get home. This helped in proving the parents we negligent and helped me win my case.

Good luck and tell you son to fight back. Even if he gets in trouble I bet the bully thinks twice. As long as he knows that nothing will happen to him he will not change.

Thats GREAT!! LOL ITA!!!!

Daisy Duke
12-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Has anything surcome to the resolving of this bully yet??
I would liek to knwo what happened!!
Thanks

hblueeyes
12-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Yes, I am interested in hearing of any updates. Has the school responded.

I hate bullies and they really have a negative effect on those being bullied.

Many years ago Ron Reagan, yes the Presidents' son, had a show on fox. This episode about bullies broke my heart. They parents had video of their sons first day of school, he was about 10 if I remember correctly. He was bullied by 2 boys. He had audio tape of the harrassment they put him through. By the middle of the school year this poor child had nerveous twitches and was obviously a nerveous wreck. The school would not take action. I still wonder how he faired in life and what became of the situation.

TX_Cowgirl
12-18-2005, 07:18 AM
ok here is my two cents
ok for one i have always told my two sons someone hits you or starts crap youdont have to take it from them..your son is 8? and this kid is 7 well maybe your son should have kicked him back or pushed him back and taken up for himself and if some of the other kids would do the same mabye then he would see that hey they are going to fight back and dang that doesnt feel to good to be on the receiving end of the pushing and the kicking....I use to think turn the other cheek but you know sometimes you got to fight back for yourself and i think kids need to learn this and know they dont have to take crap like that from other kids...oh well now that is just my opinion

ang in NC
12-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I would have an opinion but you have to be careful around here.

TX_Cowgirl
12-18-2005, 04:29 PM
i agree angel you do have to be careful with your opinions...

mirage7000
12-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I really feel bad for you. When we moved into a new neighborhood I had my share of the bullying with my son. The one kid's dad was the sheriff of the town and thought his kid did no wrong. Well I came up with a good one and said I was related to the Judge. I wasn't but it worked. Nothing else seemed to work with that damn father! I guess it really scared him. This other kid wacked my son with a hockey stick and I went right to their door. The mother was living with some guy. He answered the door and defended him. I told him that I wouldn't be responsible if my son turned around and wacked him with a hockey stick. My son had a cut on his temple from it and they weren't playing hockey. I thought at the time that he could have killed him. I was so mad I even got on the school bus screaming at this kid. Well that was the end of his bullying. Thank God my son is now 19 and I don't have to put up with boys trying to be king of the neighborhood! I hope all works well for you and your son. I hope where you live you can get some justice!

TX_Cowgirl
12-26-2005, 04:57 AM
so any updates on this?

tngirl
12-27-2005, 06:14 AM
When my son was younger he was such a gentle soul (still is) and that just made him a target for bullies. I always taught my children to walk away from a fight, but if the other person wouldn't let them walk away, then take care of it. There was one boy that just kept on and on and my son kept walking away. The boy decided to jump on my son one day as he was walking away. My son "took care" of it and after that he was no longer bullied.

nightrider127
12-27-2005, 06:37 AM
I had to make our son fight one time. There was three bullies that had been hitting on him for the entire school year. He wouldn't do anything back, said he would get beat up. I told him he was getting beat up anyway so he may as well fight back. Well finally, one day he came walking out of the school and he thought he was such a big boy with his book bag that had a clip board inside. They came after him and he started swinging the bag at them, whacked them a few times too. I admit, I stood there and watched him hit them a few times before I called him off.

On Monday (this happened on a Friday) the mom of two of the boys walked her sons to school, something she had never done. She went into the principals office and complained about the beating her boys got and told the principal to do something about it. The principal wanted to give Randy detention and not do a thing about the 3 kids who had started it in the first place. I went up there on Tuesday, told him what had been going on for months, and that Randy did not have detention. I also told him that the boys mother had better not lay a hand on him or there would be a real fight. She suddenly quit walking her two "angels" to school. Randy was never picked on again.

TX_Cowgirl
12-27-2005, 10:30 PM
so any updates on your son and the bully?