PDA

View Full Version : jasons hours cut AGAIN!

disneymom
11-12-2005, 11:17 AM
I really don;t know how we are gonna make it money wise through this! His hours have been cut TWICE now in 2 months, once when he got his back/shoulder injury and now once again they are cut down again. He is only bringing hime just under 200.00 a week now, with rent and utilites that doenst leave much to work with grrrr. I have been very fortunate to stockpile a bunch of things, I just ran into a 50 cent cereal sale on friday, so I bought tons of it!! 10.00 wirth (20 bags) and it came out even cheaper then that beacuse I had a few coupons for $$ off my order, so it came out to less then 2.00 I am sooooo proud of that. So at least we wont be hungry. Normally we go all out for the holidays, becuase we have been fortunate enought to be able to, this year isnt looking like that will happen. I did pick up a few things for the kids last month from amazon (B1G1 free, and the ciderella table (had giftcards) so there will be presents under there. I nkow the important thing is we have a roof over our heads, and food to eat, and we are all healthy, and together :) I just keep stressing over the money issue. I am just gonna pray it is gonna get easier!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

andreame70
11-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I am sorry about all the troubles. Have you checked into getting all the help that you should qualify for? I am sure that you guys would qualify for foodstamps and maybe some kind of rental assistance. Do you work outside of the home? The state would probably also cover child care expenses if you had to go to work. It wouldn't have to be permanent, just something to help out for the time being. Good luck.

Andrea

usascs
11-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I feel your pain disney. Praying for ya

hblueeyes
11-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Since his hours have been cut look into the federal energy assistance program. They will put the money into your gas/electric account. They pay the utiliy sompanies direct. That should help. Also look into rent assistance from the same organization that is doing the energy assistance forms. They look at the last 30 days of income. Call local churches about food gifts as well as contact your kids school and make sure they add you to the list for those with needs. Schools usually have an organization like the Masons that help those at the holidays.

Good luck and God bless. Remember to let people know what you are going thru. They may be able to help point you to other programs. Remember it is not a handout but a helping hand.

Me :p

disneymom
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys for all of the great information! I have a call in for the energy asstance thing, she is suppose to get back to me today!

Thank you all!!

cass2277
11-20-2005, 11:19 AM
work cut my daughters hours from 40 to 20 a week!! She applied for partial unemployment and got it..........Not that it helps much!! cathy

Thanks guys for all of the great information! I have a call in for the energy asstance thing, she is suppose to get back to me today!

Thank you all!!

disneymom
11-20-2005, 12:28 PM
work cut my daughters hours from 40 to 20 a week!! She applied for partial unemployment and got it..........Not that it helps much!! cathy

We are still waiting to hear back from the UO, I am REALLY hoping he can claim a partial week...grrr, it is so frustrating!

ang in NC
11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
sorry Nicole