PDA

View Full Version : need your best remedies

MsLynn
11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
ok, I started my new part time job today. I'm working as a clerk in a convience store, MY FEET ARE SOOOO SORE from being on them all day, and I feel like i walked 100 miles behind that counter. (yes i'm a wimp, at my real job i sit on my but, play on the internet and watch tv till a call comes in, lol)

SO, PLEASE TELL ME.

keep in mind that i get off work at one job at 11 and have to be at the 2nd job by 6am, so would be nice if ya'll new of anything that worked while i slept, all anyone i know knows is soaking, and if i have to i will, lol but would like other suggestions

what are your best remedies for sore feet???

p.s. this was edited after btrfli left her reply. lol

buttrfli
11-05-2005, 05:17 PM
soak them. the very first job I had where I was on my feet all day about killed me! I wanted to quit that night! LOL I had to soak them every night for a week... the hotter the water the better and when you are done soaking, rub some lotion on them, the massaging will make them feel good :)

MsLynn
11-05-2005, 05:28 PM
soak them. the very first job I had where I was on my feet all day about killed me! I wanted to quit that night! LOL I had to soak them every night for a week... the hotter the water the better and when you are done soaking, rub some lotion on them, the massaging will make them feel good :)

anything in the water????

Urban Cowgirl
11-05-2005, 05:38 PM
I would try epsom salt in the water. And peppermint lotion. Also remember good shoes are important. Also when I worked at a gas staion I broke down and bought a cheap cushioned door mat to put at my register, that helped some.

buttrfli
11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
I personally never put anything in the water, but I was 16 and didn't know you could LOL

tommyjo
11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
FOR THE LONG TERM..GET A GOOD PAIR OF WALKING SHOES OR (IF THE COST DOESNT KILL YA,LOL) A PAIR OF NURSES SHOES...sorry for the caps

freeplease
11-05-2005, 07:00 PM
And get some gel inserts!

andreame70
11-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Ok I am going to sound really stupid for admitting that I did this, but here goes. I used to manage a convenience store years ago and I had the same problem with my feet for the first few weeks on the job. At night I would rub a pretty generous layer of ben-gay on my feet and then put each foot in a thin plastic bag (use empty clean bread bags if you have to.) In the morning, I would take it off and the shower would wash away most of the ben-gay smell.

If you absolutely hate the ben-gay smell, maybe you could try some flex-all cream or some of the other ones that have less offensive smells. At the time, the only thing out on the market that I was aware of was ben-gay, but they make many different muscle relaxant creams now.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

MsLynn
11-05-2005, 08:04 PM
thank ya'll so much for the suggestions. I"m only gonna do this through christmas, hope it helps, lol,

bonniejeanne
11-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm on my feet for 7 1/2 hours at my job. My feet were killing me when I first started working, but I bought some Dr Scholl's tennis shoes and I haven't had any problems since.

Tasha405
11-05-2005, 09:16 PM
My DH's feet bother him a lot and his mom tells him to soak them in hot water with Green Rubbing Alcohol in it. You can find it at the dollar stores. He's never tried it because he's stubborn but she uses it and says it works for her.

She used to tell him something about soaking a paper bag in vinegar and then wrapping it around his feet and then putting a bag over his feet and leaving it on while he slept. He never tried it though because he hates vinegar. The smell of it just makes him sick. lol

Some good Dr. Scholls inserts should help too. Good luck! :)

Daisy Duke
11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Get some St. Ives foot scrub...something in that works good!!!
and after a bout a month of your work,treat yoruself to a little spa treatment!!!

cinnamonch
11-06-2005, 05:06 PM
to help while you are on them, make sure you get some shoes with a good arch support. Get either running shoes or cross trainers (these work better than walking shoes as they are designed for harder work). Also to help your arches, check with Penny's and ask them for socks that band members wear. They are tight across the arch but they really help.

stickers
11-06-2005, 05:46 PM
espon salts are found in the pills section at walmart etc. Put this in the warm water pan and soak your feet.

Best thing to do would be to add it to a foot massager that holds water, two of the best things, it stops the swelling and massages at the same time.

Also, buy cushions for your shoes or invest in a pair of easy spirit shoes for best support and cushion.