PDA

View Full Version : Bird flu pandemic scare is hoax!

Red64
11-01-2005, 07:18 AM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=+ME20051026&articleId=1148

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld owns Major stock in the company that holds the rights to Tamiflu, the worthless drug that the US just bought a ton of in it's plan to fight a birdflu pandemic. Mr. Rumsfeld used to be a CEO at that company, but now just holds a ton of stock in them, so he will make a fortune with the US's purchase of this drug. Ha! Unreal! (See above article)

justme23
11-01-2005, 07:34 AM
How does a govt official owning stock make something a hoax? I could just as easily point ppl to the cdc website who says it's NOT a hoax (but is it a govt site as well?). I hope it is a hoax, I'd hate to think of so many ppl dying... but I am certainly glad we are prepared, in the chance it isn't. It's certainly NOT a hoax that flocks of birds are having to be killed in other countries, or that ppl have died from it... so I don't really care whose pocket it lines just as long as there is a way for us to be protected.

jdfan
11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=+ME20051026&articleId=1148

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld owns Major stock in the company that holds the rights to Tamiflu, the worthless drug that the US just bought a ton of in it's plan to fight a birdflu pandemic. Mr. Rumsfeld used to be a CEO at that company, but now just holds a ton of stock in them, so he will make a fortune with the US's purchase of this drug. Ha! Unreal! (See above article)

I did a little research regarding rumsfield. He does own stock in the companies mentioned. This morning I heard Canada may have birds with the disease. I don't think that the fear of the avian flu is a hoax. But I have also heard that tamiflu is not effective on the possible pandemic strain of this flu. I am one of those people who will listen for more information instead of looking at who will benefit from the pandemic if it occurs.

hblueeyes
11-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Just my opinion but, my girfriend bought 8 seies of doses of Tamiflu for her family and nieces. I questioned her because I thought it was a bit extreme. Now they say they do not know if it will be effective and do not recommend it for children. I say, wear a good mask, buy surgical gloves and wash your hands alot.

I also think that since in America, we do not live and play around chickens like they do in Asia that we may not be as likely to get it. Also, I am hoping that because I am of european decent that bubonic plague that mutated our genes so that we were not as pron to HIV may be of some help here as wee.

Also let us not forget the problem with the Avian flu is only if and when it mutates into an airborne virus. As of now it is not.

Me :p

janelle
11-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Well they now say some have died in China from it. Let's pray it is a hoax. Geesh.

hblueeyes
11-08-2005, 09:06 AM
I do not think it is a hoax but there is no way to tell if,when and how it will mutate. There is a reason that it is, as of now, confined to the Asian area of the world. Let's do research and find out why? Not get the world in a scare which may turn out to be all ado about nothing. Plus this could also be just the natural way the Earth is cleansing itself. (so to speak) It was not that long ago the Ebola was taking many lives then it died down. precautions were taken and it is now in check. It still exists, it just is not as prevalant as it was then.

me :p

LuvBigRip
11-08-2005, 09:27 AM
I bought stock in Roche too.....does that mean that it is a hoax, or that I did my research and invested?

hblueeyes
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I think phamapsuticals is always a good investment.

excuseme
11-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I've never seen something so hyped up since my government told me Iraq had WMD and was going to use them against us any moment. Bird flu has been present in Asia for year s yet I don't hear anything about mass casualties. But we must immediately start throwing cash as big pharmacy companies who are "for profit" and if needed our government will take away our freedoms to "protect us".

LuvBigRip
11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Bird flu death toll five times what had been reported, China
Category: Flu/Bird Flu/SARS News
Article Date: 28 May 2005

An official from China's agricultural department said the death toll from bird flu in the West of China is five times greater than official reports had stated. The number of migratory birds killed was much larger than people had thought, he said. He added that the reports refer only to the death of birds and that no humans have died.

Rumours are rife among experts and throughout the internet that there has been a massive cover-up. People are saying nobody really knows how bad the situation really is/was. Rumours abound that many humans have perished.

Officials now say more than 1,000 migratory birds have died after being infected with the H5N1 strain of bird flu. The H5N1 is the most lethal one. Official reports had talked about just 178 birds, all of them geese, perishing in Qinghai Lake - now, they say the real number is over 500.

China has not reported one human death from bird flu - even though nearby countries such as Vietnam have had 38 deaths. In total, the number of human deaths from bird flu in South East Asia has totalled 54.

Health experts say that in order to tackle a possible pandemic which could spread to humans and become a human-to-human transmissible disease, we need accurate, reliable information. If authorities are not able to provide reliable figures it is virtually impossible to know what to do and when and where to do it. A pandemic could kill millions and millions of people throughout the globe.

The deadly H5N1 virus has already spread from South East Asia to birds in Turkey, Romania and Croatia.

It has killed millions of birds across Asia, and millions more have been culled in an effort to stem the spread of the virus.

At least 60 people have also died of the disease, since its resurgence at the end of 2003.

There are fears the virus could mutate into a form that passes easily between people.

In Europe, 28 countries are due to stage a surprise exercise before the end of the year to test their ability to cope with a possible bird flu pandemic among humans.

Chiizii
11-08-2005, 01:43 PM
I think I put my ear to the World Health Organizations information before I would listen to a commentary from Dr. Joseph Mercola.

Dr. Joseph Mercola's FDA Warning Letter. (http://www.casewatch.org/fdawarning/prod/2005/mercola.shtml)

tngirl
11-08-2005, 04:53 PM
I do not think it is a hoax but there is no way to tell if,when and how it will mutate. There is a reason that it is, as of now, confined to the Asian area of the world. Let's do research and find out why? Not get the world in a scare which may turn out to be all ado about nothing. Plus this could also be just the natural way the Earth is cleansing itself. (so to speak) It was not that long ago the Ebola was taking many lives then it died down. precautions were taken and it is now in check. It still exists, it just is not as prevalant as it was then.

A lot of the reason for the spread in the areas affected is probably due to hygiene. The cases that mesue mentioned about passing person to person is probably due to poor hygiene and physical contact with the infected person because the virus is not an airborn virus.

The bird flu virus has the same "thumbprint" as the flue of 1918 that killed millions of people, a virus that NONE of us has any immunity to. Like it has already been mentioned, it is just a matter of time before it mutates.

hblueeyes
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Viruses mutate. They need to in order to survive. But that is not to say it WILL mutate to be an airbourne virus. Also it may mutate in many different ways at the same time like HIV. There are many forms. The same virus does not always mutate the same way. It will change as it needs to in order to survive.

I agree with the above poster about hygiene. They handle chickens with their bare hands and children play amongest the chickens,ducks,pigeons etc. Not many Americans do and those who do have contact because they are poultry farmers or have poultry on their farms know proper handling techniques and wash frequently.

It is no surprise that China has underreported. They usually do.

Me :p

notjust925
11-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I just heard a couple of days ago that some infected chickens that were given sauerkraut got better.I wish we could find something soon,I myself don't believe it is a hoax and since I have COPD,the threat really scares me.

Willow
11-12-2005, 07:49 AM
I was watching Montel Williams yesterday and his guest host was Sylvia Browne. She said that there will not be a bird flu panademic. I know a lot of people probably don't believe her but she's been right about a lot of other things.

Chiizii
11-12-2005, 08:37 AM
I just heard a couple of days ago that some infected chickens that were given sauerkraut got better.I wish we could find something soon,I myself don't believe it is a hoax and since I have COPD,the threat really scares me.

My mother is quite concerned, she is a COPD patient. The ordinary flu had her on a vent for a week and a day. She is of the age where she remembers her parents and family tell tales of the 1918 flu pandemic. When the Avian virus sprouts hairs and transmits human to human...

Anyone got a good kimchee recipe....?

tngirl
11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey Look!! The Canadians are in on the bird flu hoax too!!!

"Prepare public for bird flu, experts urge governments: Ethical guidelines must be set up, understood to avoid panic"

Mark Kennedy,
The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Monday, November 28, 2005

Governments preparing for a flu pandemic should develop ethical guidelines for their plans that include health and disability insurance for health workers and special assistance for people forced into quarantine, says a new report released yesterday.

The report, prepared by the University of Toronto's Joint Centre for Bioethics, warns governments throughout the world -- including Canada -- are not doing enough to engage the public in discussions about the ethical values that should underpin pandemic preparedness plans.

Last year, the federal government released a plan that spells out how it will prepare for, and respond to, a flu pandemic that experts say could kill millions of people worldwide. But the detailed blueprint, although prepared with the assistance of provinces and public health authorities, has not had much input from the Canadian public.

That has raised questions about whether the public would panic in a pandemic and reject government decisions about how to deal with the crisis.

The report, released yesterday by the medical ethics think-tank, casts a spotlight on that shortcoming.

"When an influenza pandemic strikes the world, many people, ranging from government and medical leaders to health care workers, will face a host of difficult decisions that will affect people's freedoms and their chances of survival," says the report.

"There will be choices about the level of risk health-care workers should face while caring for the sick, the imposition of restrictive measures such as quarantines, the allocation of limited resources such as medicines, and the use of travel restrictions and other measures to contain the spread of the disease.

"Governments and health-care leaders need to make the values behind their decisions public. They should discuss the values with people who could be affected. ... They need to do this in advance of a health crisis, not when people are lining up at emergency ward doors."

Among the report's recommendations:

- Professional colleges and associations for health workers should provide, through their codes of ethics, "clear guidance" on the "expectations and obligations" about their duty to provide care during a pandemic.

- Governments and the health sector should ensure disability insurance and death benefits are available to health workers and their families adversely affected while performing their duties.

- Governments should ensure the public is aware of the rationale for restrictive measures such as quarantine and the "consequences" of non-compliance.

- Governments should offer backup support for people who are quarantined, such as providing them financial support in lieu of lost income and arranging for basic needs such as grocery shopping and paying their bills.

- Governments should publicize a clear rationale for why medicines such as antivirals and vaccines are to be given first to a priority list of people, such as health care workers.

Dr. Peter Singer, director of the centre for bioethics, said in an interview Canadians learned some critical lessons from the SARS crisis of 2003 -- notably, fairness is important during a time of confusion.

"SARS was a dress rehearsal for what a bad pandemic flu could be," he said. "It's sort of the waves splashing on the shore, where the pandemic flu is the health tsunami. It's the ethical values and framework that's going to be the glue that holds together a society in an intense crisis. This is, to my way of thinking, the foundation of the house."

Without that ethical framework, he said, the public simply won't be as likely to accept the controversial measures taken by government in a pandemic.

"What you'll have is erosion of public trust in the decisions of leaders at a whole variety of levels," said Dr. Singer. "From the directors of intensive care units, through the CEOs of hospitals, through the heads of public health authorities, through health civil servants and health ministers. Right up to the head of state."

In recent months, world leaders have begun ramping up preparedness measures for a flu pandemic because of the fear the H5N1 bird flu virus, which has been raging in southeast Asia, could soon turn into a strain that is easily transmissible among humans. Once that happens, a pandemic could circulate throughout the world in weeks.

© The Ottawa Citizen 2005

LINK TO STORY (http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/story.html?id=36ab8d8e-11be-4efc-a648-17eea5419111&k=24590&p=2)

janelle
11-30-2005, 02:57 PM
I pray it is a hoax. The CDC says another pandemic will hit us at sometime in the future looking at history. We aren't infallible. I don't blame anyone for that. Just human.

My uncle died in the 1918 flu pandemic. But he was the only one out of his whole family to do so. He even held his day old son before he died.

I'm hoping with today's science we will know better how to isolate it from others.

hotwheelstx
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
This is really something to be scared of. My mother is now recovering from Encephalitis....all from a mosquito bite. 3 people that were hospitalized w/Encephalitis before my mother was admitted to the hospital passed away. 1 person was admitted into the hospital w/bird flu 2 days before she was discharged.

You never think it could/would happen to you......think again. It happened in our family.