PDA

View Full Version : Update on my son who's dog passed away Friday night

andreame70
10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
We went to the animal shelter today and Nash picked out a new puppy. It is a little girl and he fell in love with her at first sight. Lord, I hope my allergies hold out because we are going to have to keep her indoors at least through the winter because she is so little. Nash is so happy, he will miss Kane for a long time, but at least now he has a new little one to help raise. He has decided to name her Jessi. Here are a couple of pics that I took earlier today.

http://tinypic.com/f5662o.jpg
http://tinypic.com/f566aa.jpg
Andrea

buttrfli
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
how adorable!!! I am glad you guys were able to get a new family member... it will sure help heal the pain from your loss :)

Shann
11-01-2005, 12:53 AM
she's so sweet! have you tried alavert d for your allergies? My friend has bad allergies and they have an indoor dog and as long as she takes it she is fine. The dog even sleeps on her bed w/ her.

andreame70
11-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the suggestion shannykitty. I have never tried alavert d, but I think I will pick some up today just in case. So far, I am doing okay, but it has only been the first night. As a child and a young adult, I used to sneeze my head off and my eyes would swell up from pet hair. We always had pets when I was growing up, but they had to be outdoors, so this is going to be a big adjustment for me. I can't help but love her though, who could not love that face? And I am so glad that we rescued and adopted her from the shelter. She would have been put to sleep in another day or two.

Andrea

firechic
11-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Oh, they are both just adorable!!!

xtrememom
11-01-2005, 06:26 AM
What Cutie pies they both are, I am so glad he has a new 4 legged friend to grow up with.

Question I noticed the OCC emblems on his bike did you buy it that way or just put them on? If you bought the bike that way could you tell me where you got it, looking for a OCC type bike for my DS for Christmas.

Thanks

xtrememom

andreame70
11-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Thanks xtrememom, Nash got this bike as a gift for
Christmas last year from my parents.
They bought it for him from WalMart.

Andrea

mom2cvam
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
What a cute puppy!!!

Have you tried the spray to help with your allergies? My bil is allergic to animals big time but he uses a spray on the dog and you would never be able to tell that he has allergies.

Shann
11-01-2005, 03:15 PM
No problem Andrea, I hope it helps, I will say though that it does take about a week sometimes longer for it to kick in and take full effect on my friend, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work over night. I also don't know the drug laws where you are but where she is you can only buy so much per month b/c it has an ingredient in it that can be used to make meth :rolleyes: out here we don't have that law, but just a heads up. :) Hope it helps... the puppy is just adorable :D

xtrememom
11-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Andrea~ Thanks for the info on wher ethe bike came from. I will look at Walmart Friday, sadly ours is seldom stocked well.

Ask your Doctor if using Flonase or Nasonex spray or if clarinex would help with the allergies, I am supposedly allergic to animal dander per the allergy tests I have teken 4-5 times in my lifetime and I live with 5 cats and 2 Guinea Pigs and I help my friend with her Dog walking business once in awhile and I have no symptoms, I think its the nasonex I take I used to take flonase, but I liek the nasonex and clarinex the best for my other allergies.

xtrememom

Starlady01
11-03-2005, 04:24 AM
Aw how sweet. My son lost his hamster years ago around the same age my sisters husband was handing him the hamster and the dog bite right into the hamster :( . I went and got him another Hamster but he didn't care much for hamsters after that.

kmtsn
11-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I/m commenting on your son's name NASH that's what my 8 year olds name is we got the name from don johnson on the tv show Nash Bridge's puppy is cute

andreame70
11-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I/m commenting on your son's name NASH that's what my 8 year olds name is we got the name from don johnson on the tv show Nash Bridge's puppy is cute

That is so cool kmtsn! You are the only other person I have heard of that has used this name. Is your son the only one in his school with it as well? All you have to do is say Nash at school and everyone knows who you are talking about. Nash kind of likes that, lol.

I also kind of liked Nash Bridges and we also loved the wrestler named Kevin Nash. So we kind of named him after both. My Nash will be 8 on the 28th of this month, so our boys are almost the same age as well!

Thanks for responding and letting me know. I live in NC, where are you located? If you want to you can PM me sometime. Maybe we can do a gift exchange through the mail between our Nash's this Christmas.

Andrea

Blondiex46
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
how cute are both of them, love the name also. Good luck, he looks happy now, but he will never forget.

poolover
11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
both of them are so cute

janelle
11-08-2005, 12:24 AM
It's not the hair you are allergic to, it's the dander and yes they do have things to put on the dog that will help with it. Ask your vet or go to www.dogoftheday.com It's a pet site and they can help you with lots of things concerning pets. ;)

notjust925
11-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Two of a kind....Adorable

mlayton1994
11-12-2005, 06:47 AM
I used allegra d for my allergies. The first mth that we get a new cat I end up sick. I have found that Allegra D works wonders (my dh suggested this). He was right. I have 3 cats.

Keep us posted on the new puppy.