PDA

View Full Version : seriously pissed!!!!

bribella
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Just found out that my landlord is selling the house we have lived in for over 1 yr. we have 30 days to move. :mad:

Sweetberries
10-31-2005, 12:49 PM
I would be pissed too!

sdb_ngc
10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
That's rude if he didn't have the courtesy to tell you and you have been a tenant over a year. Did you ever notice people viewing the place. (((HUGS)))

lassss
10-31-2005, 01:04 PM
did you check your lease?, they have to give you so many days written notice before they can do something like that

usascs
10-31-2005, 01:07 PM
did you check your lease?, they have to give you so many days written notice before they can do something like that

key word there is written

hblueeyes
10-31-2005, 01:13 PM
In Illinois if a landlord is selling the home the current tenants are given a chance to purchase first. This also allows tenants to know the place is for sale.

me :p

bribella
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
We are on a month to month lease and according to my lease he is only required to give us a 30 day notice to vacate. He is in the middle of a nasty divorce and apparently is being forced to sell the house and split the profits with his soon to be ex wife. At the moment we do not have the money to buy a house nor do we qualify for a home loan.

Shann
10-31-2005, 01:43 PM
:mad: I would be so mad too. Robyn I'm so sorry this is happening to you... 30 days to find a place get packed and moved not to mention prepare for the holidays just isn't a lot. Unfortunately he is w/in his legal rights :( If I can help w/ anything please let me know :)

Katt
10-31-2005, 02:13 PM
That happened to us. Only, we had lived there for 6 years. This is after my dh did tons of work on the house..for free. Stupid us. Turns out, the old geezer wasn't selling it, he has a loser grand daughter who is married to a loser ex con who can't get a job and keep it cause he's a convicted murderer. They couldn't pay rent, so he gave them our house.

girlwithsoul
10-31-2005, 03:12 PM

Written notice does not always apply and they've been given 30 days notice which is fairly standard under federal law. I'm sorry that this is happening, it's never a good thing. But....think about it this way.....there MUST be something better for you out there so this will give you the chance to find it.

Once again....I'm so sorry but good luck! :)

mom2cvam
10-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I am so sorry for everything that you have going on. It is horrible that your landlord is selling the house and never let you know so that you could have time to prepare just in case it were to happen. :(
(((hugs)))

Mystic32
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I know where your coming from...I`m crossing my fingers at this very moment...my house was recently sold too...& we`ve been here for almost 4 yrs. I`m in the middle of a lease so I should be ok til mar. 31st...new lease restats on April 1st....but with my luck who knows....

Tasha405
11-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Girl you are really going through it right now ain't ya? (((Hugs)))