PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Feedback ??????

tsquared
10-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Is there any good ways to get people to leave feedback for you other than hoping and praying they do? I have sold several items there and dont have the feedback to show for it

Willow
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh you're having this problem too. lol I waited six weeks for two people to leave me feedback. One finally left it for me a couple of days ago and the other one left it today.

usascs
10-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Not that I know of. I have noticed that most will not leave you feedback unless you leave it first.

buttrfli
10-31-2005, 01:04 PM
When I sell something, I include a slip of paper that says (among other things) something like

"thank you for your purchase. I hope that you are happy w/ your purchase. if you have any problems at all please contact me and I will make sure to get it taken care of. As you know, ebay is a community built on trust and feedback, so please remember to leave proper feedback as I have already done the same for you"

I don't have a card in front of me, so thats not verbatim, but its close :)

Trishntx
10-31-2005, 04:28 PM
I am a seller and I have been asked nicely by someone through email to please leave them feedback. Since then, I have been doing the same. As long as I still have their email address (which I keep all of them). They probably just forgot or overlooked. Send a quick reminder.

tsquared
10-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the replies............definately some good ideas here.

Goobie
11-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Feedback isn't required, shouldn't be expected, and shouldn't be considered part of the transaction. When I buy something, I only care about the product itself. When I sell something, I only care about the money. I can't spend feedback.

JKATHERINE
11-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Feedback SHOULD be expected by both parties involved. It helps them gain a reputation (good or bad) and helps future potential buyers/sellers determine who to deal with.

If someone has not left feeback for me, I simply send them a friendly email reminding them that I left them some and that I'd appreciate it if they did the same for me when they had a chance. It works for me about 99% of the time. :)

TxGreek
11-01-2005, 08:46 AM
I can't spend feedback.

Yes, but you can't spend money that you don't receive from a buyer that didn't buy because you had no feedback. :rolleyes:

In other words, if you don't get feedback, your bids won't go as high as they would for a person that does have good feedback.

buttrfli
11-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Feedback isn't required, shouldn't be expected, and shouldn't be considered part of the transaction. When I buy something, I only care about the product itself. When I sell something, I only care about the money. I can't spend feedback.

When you buy something you should care who it is you are buying it from. If you buy something from someone who has repeatedly ripped people off or has excessive negative feedback, then you are going to eventually get ripped of yourself.

Goobie
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
When you buy something you should care who it is you are buying it from. If you buy something from someone who has repeatedly ripped people off or has excessive negative feedback, then you are going to eventually get ripped of yourself.

That's fine, I understand that, but many people out there ONLY care about feedback...it's not the end of the world if you don't get any, although many think it is as you can see by this thread!

There are also people are there who only care about leaving bad feedback to ruin someone else, I'd rather have none at all than risk begging for feedback and have them retaliate negatively because I nagged them for feedback.

buttrfli
11-01-2005, 03:05 PM
That's fine, I understand that, but many people out there ONLY care about feedback...it's not the end of the world if you don't get any, although many think it is as you can see by this thread!

There are also people are there who only care about leaving bad feedback to ruin someone else, I'd rather have none at all than risk begging for feedback and have them retaliate negatively because I nagged them for feedback.

Yea, I do agree with you there.

I don't think that not getting FBis the end of the world.. but it is important when someone is trying to make money. Gosh I have sold tons of stuff that I never got FB for.. and I have bought tons of stuff that I haven't left it for either LOL

There are tactful and friendly ways to remind someone to leave FB... but OTOH, I have had people send 3 or 4 e-mails a day for me to leave FB on something I haven't even received yet :rolleyes:

Willow
11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I think feedback is very important. How would one establish themselves as a trustful person if they didn't receive any feedback. I don't see why someone would leave you negative feedback just because you asked them to leave it for you.

Goobie
11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I think feedback is very important. How would one establish themselves as a trustful person if they didn't receive any feedback. I don't see why someone would leave you negative feedback just because you asked them to leave it for you.

I have actually seen a few people with negatives and the response was something to the effect of "here is your feedback you asked for" which leaves me to believe the poster was harassed for feedback. I have only seen it a few times, but those kinds of people are out there.