PDA

View Full Version : # Of Iraqi Civilian Deaths

NotSoLucky
10-30-2005, 11:01 PM
I don't think it matters if you're for or against the war whenyou see numbers like these...
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

I'm just sooo horrified and enraged I had to share....

belcherpi
10-31-2005, 04:09 AM
I think the body count is horrible but I also don't feel OUR military is responsible for all of that. There's a lot of suicide bombers over there killing Iraqi civilians.

jdfan
10-31-2005, 06:20 AM
I don't think it matters if you're for or against the war whenyou see numbers like these...
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

I'm just sooo horrified and enraged I had to share....

I did just a small amount of research regarding the Iraqi deaths, soldiers deaths and the murder rate in the US. I am still searching for deaths in Iraq prior to the invasion though. Everyone is crying about all the death and destruction and putting the blame solely on the US shoulders. My question is why not the outcry when sadaam was murdering people, or Syria's involvement in this war, or cutting the murder rates in the US down? How many of the soldiers that have died would have met their deaths in the US in car wrecks and to murder? People think that if we weren't in Iraq noone would die. Now the popular band wagon is for US citizens to decide how much freedom means to the Iraqis. The US has a murderous history. The Civil War was horrendous. I love America and hope that American's can somehow pull together and stop the murder and hate in this country. I am not for war, but what is the answer here? Diplomacy? Diplomacy gives the evil time to hide its crimes and activities? Look at post war Germany, we fought Nazi cells there for several years after the war and we only controlled half of Germany.

hblueeyes
10-31-2005, 06:27 AM
I hate the implications of the site mentioned above. It is true that the military are not concerned about deaths, this is nothing new. I do have issues though when the site implies that these deaths are due to the US dropping bombs. Let us not forget the civilians that they too have murdered and held hostage for $$$$ so that they can continue with their suicide bombings and the murder of our soldiers, civilian workers and reporters. I would much rather save my sympathies for the families that are left after the death of a soldier than an Iraqui civilian who died from one of their own.

Me :p