PDA

View Full Version : My little boy's dog died just a little while ago

andreame70
10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
I am sitting here crying because our good friend Kane has passed away tonight. This afternoon, we thought that he seemed a little passive and he acted like he was not feeling well. My son went to bed at about 9:30pm and my DH went outside at about 10:00pm to check on Kane. He was laying in the grass and had passed on. He was my son's best buddy and a great family friend. We have only had him about 4 years, he was a pup when we first got him. We are going to miss him terribly!

I am dreading having to tell Nash in the morning before he goes out to feed Kane. He is going to be devastated. Kane is an outdoor dog because of my allergies. About 3 years ago, I bought Nash a stuffed animal that looks like Kane and Nash still sleeps with the stuffed dog each night. He calls the stuffed animal Kane as well.

Here is a picture of our friend
http://tinypic.com/f2n584.jpg

Andrea

kygirl71
10-28-2005, 09:08 PM
So sorry for your loss. My DD's dog was stolen out of our back yard a year ago. She still misses her. We searched for her for weeks. I hope he doesnt take it to hard. (((((hugs)))))

Shann
10-28-2005, 09:13 PM
:( I'm so sorry, my dog is 4 and I cannot imagine not having her anymore... if I wake up and get to the bathroom and she hasn't come running in and thrown her belly up in the air as I'm going potty I get worried. And if I make it down the steps w/ no sign of her I freak out LOL I always go to the worse case.. like maybe she died or maybe somehow someone opened the gate which is very unlikely since it's hard to open unless you are in our backyard or maybe she ran out into the garage and got loose when Luke left earlier that morning.. anyways sorry to rambel... ((((andrea, nash & kane)))) My deepest sympathies.. if you want I'll send my dog to him for awhile.. she has that damn squeaky toy in my face w/ no letting up in sight :rolleyes: hehe

Aloha from paradise
10-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm so very sorry. It's just awful to lose a pet. Do you have any idea what happened? Four is very young for a dog to pass on. Just tell your son that Kane has crossed over the rainbow bridge and is with all other kinds of animals and very happy. And if you can explain to your son that he will see Kane again when he gets to heaven. I'll say an extra prayer for the whole family.

tsquared
10-29-2005, 03:58 AM
So sorry for your families loss.....it will be tough to replace Kane
Hugs to Nash

Eyore
10-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Sorry for your loss. I know it is hard when we loose a pet. (((Hugs)))

JKATHERINE
10-29-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm so sorry, Andrea. :(

Willow
10-29-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm sorry. That's really sad. :(

budlite
10-29-2005, 08:26 AM
My son jack age 7 lost his cat nosey his best buddy of all his life( jack is 7)....I had nosey 23 years.. Oh what a cat........ The name fit him....... Jack was heart broken be on words..... To this day he still can not look at picture of nosey yet......He is smart enough to say mommy I dont want another cat right now....He feels the loss. Can you belive he is only 7....

We are just now able to talk about nosey and we talk about all the cool and funy things that nosey did...... Jack cried for weeks.... But is much better now.

God bless..

Prayers

Vee030473
10-29-2005, 08:37 AM
I am so sorry for you and your son. :( I can't imagine losing my "dog" ter Winni,she is my youngest child;just 4 legged,furry and with a runny nose. ;)

buttrfli
10-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm so sorry :( Gawd, thats SO hard on kids!

We haven't lost a pet yet, but with all of these animals we have I definately don't look foreward to even having to lose them, even tho I know it will happen :(

ChristiNate
10-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Sorry for your loss. Here is a poem:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

firechic
10-29-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm so very sorry, I know the pain of losing a pet.

andreame70
10-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks everyone, it has been a tough day today. When Nash woke up this morning, I told him that Kane had passed on. We both cried for a few minutes and Nash asked if Kane had gone to heaven. I told him that Kane was certainly up in heaven and that he would see Kane again some day. After a few hours, Nash came up to me crying and said that he felt like his heart had a hole in it and it hurt. I held him for a while and I mentioned something about maybe getting him a new dog, if that is what he wanted.

We looked on the website for the SPCA here in town and they have several cute little pups. One of them Nash seemed particularly interested in. It is a little girl. When you pay the adoption fee, the SPCA gives you a certificate to have the pet fixed when they are of age to do it. All you have to do is make an appointment at a local vet and it is free with the certificate. I plan to take Nash on Monday and let him look at the puppies that they have.

Thanks also for the poem ChristiNate, it was beautiful.

Andrea

suefields
10-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I am so sorry for you and your son. We lost our yorkie "Bailey" in June of this year and I still think about him a lot. Best of luck to you both.

Blondiex46
10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
so sorry, it is a loss in your family. I just got a puppy for my son and we are so attached to it already.