PDA

View Full Version : Another ebay issue

girlwithsoul
10-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Bid on a costume and petticoat. Waited on seller to give me invoice for combined shipping. Got it this morning and paid immediately only to be emailed back saying they just ran out of Size Small. What do I do? It hasn't hit my bank account yet. She offered to send me another costume but I don't WANT another costume. If she didn't have enough then why did she list so many. I just want a full refund, immediately. I asked her for it but then got to wondering. Should I call my bank instead and just tell them not to charge my bank account or will that cost me money. I'm SOOOO upset!

Freebeemom
10-24-2005, 09:44 AM
If you paid through paypal, you should be able to cancel the sale. They will freeze your money until it comes out and then will become paypal instant transfer money. You can then (after like a week) transfer it back. Otherwise, I would leae neutral/neg feedback. They should only have items that they sell that are IN STOCK.

girlwithsoul
10-24-2005, 10:16 AM
I won the auction Friday and paid with Paypal this morning. She immediately sent me this response: "payment received, tks a lot, but I am so sorry about the item in small was just sold out, if you would choose another item we are selling instead, just feel free let me know, I will ship your order immediatey when I hear from you, tks a lot" Of course, she hasn't emailed me since I asked her to give me a complete refund

Should I cancel it on Paypal today? I don't even think I can cancel....I think I have to file a dispute which I've done once before and got NO REFUND. HELP!

tngirl
10-24-2005, 11:01 AM
You can contact paypal to see how to do it, but you should be able to get your money back.

Freebeemom
10-24-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't understand...did she offer more than one size? If so, that is a violation in itself, if it is not listed as a dutch auction.

Wildkats
10-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi, I relplied over at the 'other' place, but i'll do it here too. Why not email the seller and tell her you don't want another costume and to refund your money through paypal. It sounds to me like they were just trying to 'save a sale' kinda like when you go into sears and return something, before getting your money back they ask if you would like something in another size, ect.

girlwithsoul
10-24-2005, 01:51 PM
This is what I won

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5434325671&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Freebeemom
10-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Wow, that's a lot of money! Did you look through and see if there was something else? I guess it depends on how badly you want those colors?

This is a strange one. I would see how willing they would be to sell it to you, but if you won it fair and square, I would pitch a complaint!

IMO, I never bid on something from someone that has less than 98% Positive feedback.

You can check here: http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

Freebeemom
10-24-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=sexydreamwork+&Dirn=Received+by

Check out this seller's negative!

redrig
10-26-2005, 09:53 AM
LOL Freebeemom, I was just gong to post that 57 negatives in the past month was an awful lot, even with the amount of feedback she has alltogether.

girlwithsoul
10-26-2005, 10:45 AM
The negatives weren't that many when I bid.....she had almost 99% positive.

Oh well, lesson learned I guess. I got the refund but Paypal has put a hold on it for the moment.....does anyone know how long that will take?

MsLynn
10-28-2005, 05:19 AM
I won the auction Friday and paid with Paypal this morning. She immediately sent me this response: "payment received, tks a lot, but I am so sorry about the item in small was just sold out, if you would choose another item we are selling instead, just feel free let me know, I will ship your order immediatey when I hear from you, tks a lot" Of course, she hasn't emailed me since I asked her to give me a complete refund

Should I cancel it on Paypal today? I don't even think I can cancel....I think I have to file a dispute which I've done once before and got NO REFUND. HELP!

i'd report this to ebay. she should have done a dutch action for each size or listed each one seperately... somethings not right here. she should have refused the payment and explained why.