PDA

View Full Version : help! What can I do the dog that I am keeping has lime disease

mlayton1994
10-22-2005, 07:25 PM
I am asking for advise here.
I agree to keep shelly's and her dh dogs while they are stationed in Kuwait (he goes on to Iraq in jan or feb and she come back home) along with my 3 indoor cats. All of the animals stay inside.

Here is the situation. I am taking extremely good care of them both. Jr (the male dog) had to go the vet. He got sick. She gave me some antibotics to give him and some pretazone (sp wrong). He is now off the pretazone and I gave him some rumadil (sp wrong) this morning. Well this afternoon he threw up for me (yuck!) and has only been outside once. He has lime disease, deterating spine and arthritis.
I am so worried today he has barely drank anything or eating anything. I am watching him extremely closely and doing what I can for him. The medicine he has been on he has been on it for 10days.
I am so incrediably stressed out over him it isnt funny. I have became attached to the dogs since they are in my care. I have taken him to his vet twice. yesterday he seemed a little bit better than today.
He will probably go to a neurologist at the end of the mth. I am thinking about taking him to the local vet on monday. I really do not have the money to take him to an emergency vet (I dont even own a credit card),
Suzie (who is the owner's sil and a vet student) said to watch him. As she said I am taking really good care of him. I am so worried about this dog.

I am totally freaked out. I do not want anything to happen to him. Right now all he is doing is laying in the floor.
I need some advice and help.

Thanks,

Merriann

mnvdriver
10-22-2005, 07:40 PM
http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/lyme.html

Julie2763
10-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Maybe he is having an allergic reaction to the predazone. Or maybe he needs different antibiotics. Poor little guy. Hope he gets well soon. And big hugs to you for caring for this animal so much.

Julie

mlayton1994
10-23-2005, 11:19 AM
OK he is going to petsmart vet today in Morrow (about 20min from here). The vet is open there on sunday and does not charge emergency fee's. I am going to see what they have to say. If money wasnt so tight it wouldnt be as bad. I love him like he is my own pet (both of the dogs) and in a way I will be so sad when they go.

Again thanks for the support. I will post about what the vet says later on.

Merriann