PDA

View Full Version : Here's Wilma!!!!!

LillyMoon
10-19-2005, 03:41 AM
To all of those in the path of Wilma , Good Luck ! Stay safe and please be prepared . If you are asked to evacuate please do!!! Time to bottle water grrrrrr........ I pray its Not another Katrina :eek: Please take care everyone. My stomach is in knots......only 6 weeks to go before its over!!!

tngirl
10-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Wilma is already a Cat 5 storm with a pressure of 884 millibars, the lowest minimum pressure ever recorded in a hurricane in the Atlantic basin. What that means is, the lower the pressure, the higher wind speed.

3lilpigs
10-19-2005, 04:31 AM
I really havent been following this too closely...
just a day or so ago, i heard it was just forming as a hurricane, and NOW ITS A CATAGORY 5!? HOLY COW!!! :eek:

I was suppose to go to Florida this weekend.......I'm so glad my plans were changed!!

Good luck to everyone in its path. Dont hesitate to get out of its way!

YNKYH8R
10-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Just wait till NEXT year. What will that bring? How many storms will we have then? Besides we have 6 weeks left.

delSol
10-19-2005, 07:02 AM
should make for an interesting weekend for sure - those poor people over in punta gorda are still in fema trailers and will be getting slammed again, we should not get it as bas as them...my poor daughter had plans to drive up to halloween horror nights at universal studios in orlando with the ex...she's ticked!!

Tisky67
10-19-2005, 08:17 AM
I am trying to get ahold of my mom & dad (they live in Cape Coral , just south of Punta Gorda) . I want them to get the dogs & get their butts up here to Pa to be safe cause after Charlie any time I hear of a storm forming I go into panic mode before they even do !!!!

stampdog
10-19-2005, 08:34 AM
hey tisky67, i live in cape coral too. from what i see the eye will be very close to marco island or naples than us.we will get cat.1 winds or less and very heavy winds,but i do not believe it will as bad as charlie.as far as leaving -i'm staying.no shelter will take pets.i'm putting up my shutters on friday,if it still looks like it is coming this far north.i put anything that will blow in the garage today.

Denise1972
10-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow, Just a day or two ago is the first I heard about this. It was then turning into a cat 1. I hope you all stay safe.!

Trishntx
10-19-2005, 09:46 AM
I live on the coast of Texas and we have been watching Wilma extra closely. I am thinking of all of you in Florida and keeping my fingers crossed it will decrease to a lower category before it hits the coast like Rita did here in Texas. We were bracing for a 5 and it wound up being a 3 in a very short time. Good luck to all of you who live there and be safe!!!!!!

onfire4god57
10-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Well this will be our last hurricane seson. We are done with hurricanes and are planning on moving back to Tennessee shortly. We have still never emotionally recovered from Charlie last year. We're just done and can't handle it no more.

We just want to pray for everyone in Wilma's path. And please remember we all learned from Charlie they can change directions at the last moment and hit unexpecting people.

Everyone please be safe and check in when you can. Get all your preparations done, we are ready. Now is the hardest part just waiting for her to hit.

justme23
10-19-2005, 05:03 PM
I live on the coast of Texas and we have been watching Wilma extra closely. I am thinking of all of you in Florida and keeping my fingers crossed it will decrease to a lower category before it hits the coast like Rita did here in Texas. We were bracing for a 5 and it wound up being a 3 in a very short time. Good luck to all of you who live there and be safe!!!!!!

They are predicting that it will start loosing it's strength and fall to a 2 before it gets close to FL. I certainly hope so. They've seen enough hurricanes in recent years.

tngirl
10-24-2005, 06:41 AM
How is everyone down in Florida? I figure part of you may not have power so won't see this, but when you get power back we would all like to know you are ok!

Tisky67
10-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Just talked to mom & dad on the cell phone. Wilma came on land south of Naples so mom & dad are getting wind gusts around 50-70 mph. Dad is mad cause the Ponsietta (sp ?) tree got "trimmed" again. But atleast there has been no damage to the house. Their dogs on the other hand are going crazy cause the girls want to go outside to chase stuff that is blowing around.