PDA

View Full Version : CINGULAR WIRELESS! ^&*%#$#(@*@&

cpbaby
10-12-2005, 07:18 PM
ARGH!!!!

I have Cingluar Wireless. Have NEVER had trouble with them that they didnt fix immediately. I have 1250 Anytime minutes, unlimited N&W, and mobile to moble w/rollover and nationwide WITH THREE PHONES on my plan. (me, my DH and my 16 yr old son) At this moment I have, are you sitting down?, 6598 rollover minutes. Yeppers, thats right, SIXTY SIX HUNDRED ROLLOVER MINUTES. We rolled 723 over this past month. I called today to see if I could go down to a smaller package since OBVIOUSLY we arent using the minutes.

WELL, they have a new policy that if you have rollover minutes accrued and you "demote" your service, your rollover account will only carry over the amount of your monthly minutes. Like, if I move to a 700 minute plan, I can only carry 700 of my rollover minutes with me. I will lose all the rest.

This makes NO sense to me.....I guess some people are running up huge rollovers and then dropping back to a nothingness plan to use up the minutes and then going back up. I suppose this stops that Up and Down business, but GEEZE, do it to someone who has a history of playing the system, NOT a always on time, never runs over the limit customer.

Im almost ready to get ANOTHER phone added to my plan and give it to my sister who doesnt have a phone at all, not even a landline. At least them MAYBE there would be some more activity on the account, you know?

HoustonGal
10-13-2005, 05:40 AM
I have a cingular account and have now gotten the 6th phone and due to have the 7th phone in my hand in less than a year, have had to set up voice mail 9 times in 1 year, my son is on my plan and for months had no way of speaking with him, because when I tried to call, would get a box saying I was connected, but wasn't.
They keep replacing my phone and at this rate I will be stuck with one of those skinny razor phones which I don't want.
When to a festival this weekend and had no service, but other people did, so I asked who they had service with, and all had verison, but their rates are higher, and still have a year on the contract.
Regarding rollover, there are 4 phones on our family plan, we share 800 and only during Katrina and Rita, (I live in the gulf coast area and have lived in New Orleans) we finally starting using some of the rollover, but I love having the minutes to use when I need without costing a bunch of money.
I use minutes when I call long distance outside the plan, but still have never had to pay a penalty.
But if they don't get service restored and make it possible for me use my phone and have my caller id work on the current phone, I will not be signing up for a new contract when this one is over next October.

moe265
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
I am on my cousins plan as her 3rd line. She upped her plan to 900 min so we would have more min to share. When she added me they didn't tell her that she had to upgrade her phones so that we could be on the same plan. So she upgraded phones when they said she could and they still have my phone seperate with 900 min of its own which I have to pay 60 dollars per month for. Now they are telling her that she has to change plans when that is what she did in the first place. I am suppose to be her 9.95 line not a separate phone. She calls them everyday trying to get someone to understand that they still dont' have it set up right. Cingular is a PIA big time!

dlwt
10-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I have Verizon and yeah it does cost more but I always get out and never have any problems with my phone.

Mom2myboys
10-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Dh and I have a shared plan and love it! :D We share 1000 minutes for $80 a month + the taxes and fees. I love that the even have the rollover minutes, noone else does :p

iowakat
10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
ARGH!!!!

We rolled 723 over this past month. I called today to see if I could go down to a smaller package since OBVIOUSLY we arent using the minutes.

WELL, they have a new policy that if you have rollover minutes accrued and you "demote" your service, your rollover account will only carry over the amount of your monthly minutes. Like, if I move to a 700 minute plan, I can only carry 700 of my rollover minutes with me. I will lose all the rest.

I don't see the problem. If you had that many rollover minutes last month, you should be able to get by easily on 700 a month with rollover. I'd go for the less minutes/cheaper monthly fee.

cSoReNSoN
10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I am on a TMobile family plan with my mom. She and I have never had any problems.
Rarely does our connection drop, which is nice!

cpbaby
10-13-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't see the problem. If you had that many rollover minutes last month, you should be able to get by easily on 700 a month with rollover. I'd go for the less minutes/cheaper monthly fee.

Exactly. I dont have a PROBLEM with going to 700 minutes a month. The problem I have is that they will drop all of the minutes I have already accumulated except for 700 of them.

Moe, when I added my son, they did that to me too, but I called and had a conniption and they switched him to my third line LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE and took the whole amount off my bill, even though it was only for 3 days. I think your cousin may need to ask to be bumped up a level OR TWO to a supervisor.

I called today and have 956 minutes left on this months plan with 10 days left. AND four of those days are my free weekends. :p

moe265
10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks CP, I will tell her to do that although it may have to be me doing the talking cause I don't think she is mean enough to them! LOL

Shann
10-13-2005, 11:56 PM
I think what iowakat meant was that she doesn't see why it's that big of a deal if only 700 roll over b/c if you've got that many accumulated now are you really ever going to be able to use all of them? Plus you'll be adding more to the roll over minutes if you don't use that many.. at least that is how I took it.

I had verizon and UGH I never want to go w/ them again. Their product ruined my phone and then they were nasty to me about it eventhough that same product was recalled. :mad: After I got the refurb phone I had lost, dropped and incomplete calls. I will never give that company my money again, anyways it sounds like you've had pretty good luck w/ them so far and I do understand your frustrations but can see why that rule does exist. :)

Mom2myboys
10-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Yep, you will lose those rollover minutes anyway if they are not used. Each months rollover is only good for 12 months before it expires anyway. Downgrade your plan and save yourself some $.

cSoReNSoN
10-14-2005, 08:25 AM
I think what iowakat meant was that she doesn't see why it's that big of a deal if only 700 roll over b/c if you've got that many accumulated now are you really ever going to be able to use all of them? Plus you'll be adding more to the roll over minutes if you don't use that many.. at least that is how I took it.

I had verizon and UGH I never want to go w/ them again. Their product ruined my phone and then they were nasty to me about it eventhough that same product was recalled. :mad: After I got the refurb phone I had lost, dropped and incomplete calls. I will never give that company my money again, anyways it sounds like you've had pretty good luck w/ them so far and I do understand your frustrations but can see why that rule does exist. :)

My cousin had a hassle with Verizon. She paid $7 extra (I believe it was) to get insurance on both phones on her plan. Well, her phone was damaged. She called to inquire about replacing it, as she had the insurance. Turns out Verizon required her to pay a deductible of $150 to get the phone replaced. She even had to mail her phone back in (at her own expense) within a rather short period or she was charged another fee. So she follows their required system to return the phone. They send her the same phone, after she explains the problem is the send key continually falling off. :rolleyes: She receives the replacement phone and the same thing happens again.

I don't understand the purpose of paying for insurance, if you still have to pay a $150 deductible every time it breaks. Verizon also told her, if she wanted to get a new phone, she would have to pay the suggested retail on the phone, not the sale price. Of course, the suggested retail is usually $300+. I have Tmobile and when my phone wouldn't hold it's charge I was able to replace it with an upgraded phone for free ($20 another time for a replacement). My mom was able to get a replacement phone for only $40. Needlessly to say, my cousin was glad when that Verizon contract was over and she could get Sprint!

hblueeyes
10-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I have US Cellular with 4 lines 900 shared anytime with free mobile to mobile, nights and weekends and we have never used all our minutes but we also have insurance and easy edge on 2 lines all for $100 month.

Love US Cellular. They have great CS

Me :p

Shann
10-14-2005, 01:08 PM
cSoReNSoN OMG! I cannot believe that.. no wait, the sad truth is, I can. :( I had insurance also but since their product ruined my phone I didn't have to pay the extra $50 deductable. I was so mad though b/c first they told me the item was recalled then a minute later a girl came out and told me it was most likely my faul. :mad: WTF?! I used to love my LG phone but after all the trouble I had and my friend who was gone through 4 or 5 in the past year through verizon I just don't think I'll ever buy another LG. It is ridiculous I asked to upgrade my phone I had only had it two months and I didn't want a refurb, I was willing to pay the extra but it was going to be $300, that's stupid since their damn product ruined my phone. :mad: LOL I will never get over that. My contract expired a few months ago and I haven't signed on w/ anyone and cancelled w/ them as soon as I could. It's annoying since most my friends have Verizon and my family has US Cellular but I can't get it since I don't live in the midwest. I'm just waiting to see if a company comes out w/ a plan I actually want to pay for ;)

mlayton1994
10-15-2005, 04:11 AM
We were so upset with Cingular that we broke contract with them. Several yrs ago they told us that we had a 1200.00 phone bill. That was not true. We had not used that many minutes. Argued with them for a few mths over this. My dh had enough. He just switched. We went with Verizon. Granted there have been moments I have had it out with them but, overall they are great. We are really happy with Verizon(knock on wood).

hblueeyes
10-15-2005, 06:23 AM
What does not make sense to me is 2 months ago SBC tried to entice my hubby into getting Cingular and mentioned to him that when he had enough rolled over minutes he could call and lower his contract minutes and use his rollover to make up any shortcomings and save $$$.

But they tell you, you cannot do this.

Me :p

tarbabie
10-15-2005, 07:46 AM
You might want to try suncom! I have been with them since June- loosey credit and they sent me a letter saying that I could sign up for service! we have 900 minutes nationwide for 2 phone (only paid activation for one- 35.00) and have never had a problem with the phones or the service! I pay 60.00 a month...

katkat777
10-15-2005, 07:51 AM
I dumped cingular because I used to work afternoon shift and every time I would get off of work at 11:00pm I couldn't make any calls I would get this message "all curcuits are busy. Last winter I got off of work at 11:00pm and my car battery died..so I tried to call on my cell to get some help and all I heard was "All circuits are now busy please try again"I tried over and over same useless message. So here I was stuck in the snow trying to get help and my cell phone was useless. These are the times we really need our cell phones and this time cingular's service failed me.. I finally did get help not by using my cell phone the kidness of strangers. BOO Cingular!!