PDA

View Full Version : Oh yuck the beetles are back

janelle
10-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Those red and black bugs are back on my windows and I bet those little yellow round bugs come with them like they did last year.

They invade the house and I have to flush them to get rid of them. A big niusance. Last year they just covered the windows. Hundreds of them.

Tisky67
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Knock on wood we haven't been invaded this year but in past years I have filled up my bagless vaccum sucking them off of the walls !!!!

janelle
10-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Oh that's a good idea. I'll take my vacuum out there and sweep them up before they can get into the house. Thanks.

Those little buggers can bite. I hate them.

SARGEGRL5
10-13-2005, 04:36 AM
They sound like the same bugs we have in MA, if so, they are from a box elder tree. They are harmless, but I had the box elder trees removed and the bugs never came back.

starlynn
10-13-2005, 04:44 AM
I haven't had to many of beetles this year but the flies have been just aweful. I use Stanley Home products Enda-bug!! It works great for flies, gnats, mosquitoes, small flying moths, ants, crickets, spiders, carpet beetles, fleas, and ticks!! It's safe to use it indoors.

disneymom
10-13-2005, 08:37 AM
thank goodness I font have them this year, last year they were EVERYWHERE urgh, good luck, I always swept them up in the vacume cleaner LOL

mimi37
10-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Are you talking about the lady bugs? We had them terrible around this time last year. They were crawling all over the outside of the windows.

MsLynn
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
around here the those lady bug looking things were released by the forest service to kill off some kinda bug that was killing pines

janelle
10-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't think they are lady bugs cause they aren't red they are yellow with black spots. I thought they were called Japanese beetles. I need to look them up. They look just like lady bugs except for the color and they invade the home.

Denise1972
10-19-2005, 09:07 AM
We have the same thing here in Illinois. I just found one in my bathroom. I hate those things. I was always told they were Chinese Elm Bugs... I have no idea what they are.

I don't think they are lady bugs cause they aren't red they are yellow with black spots. I thought they were called Japanese beetles. I need to look them up. They look just like lady bugs except for the color and they invade the home.

Denise1972
10-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Ahh found them... If these are what you have.. (The brown one) They are Asian Lady Beetles. I never knew what they were called. We have these all over here in Illinois. Here is a link to the page I got this from for those who are interested. Click here for link (http://207.97.206.20/search?q=cache%3AnzeFMMq4JmgJ%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.u ky.edu%2FAgriculture%2FEntomology%2Fentfacts%2Ftre es%2Fef416.htm%20asian%20lady%20beetles)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/denise62702/2harmonia.jpg

loveswolfs
10-19-2005, 11:09 AM
We have them in our house too. every year they come out of hiding. last night i must of had 30 of them crawling on my bed room ceiling. they started out by the window since the sun was coming in it and by night they were hanging out above my head where my lamp is when i sit at my pc. and some time's they dive bomb me trying to get at my pc screen.

janelle
10-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for posting the link Denise. I guess you better get your vacuum out loveswolfs. I wouldn't want to be dive bombed.

So far I have only seen a few. I hope they decide to infest someplace else this year but we have the contrasting color house like it says they like. :eek: