PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawks & Shanooks flying over my house !!

d_terry2000
10-12-2005, 12:10 PM
They have done it for awhile now but yesterday and today it has been really busy up in the air. Its freaking me out. We have a port here and I live by an airport so Im sure thats why I get to see this but yesterday there were 6 shanooks (apologize if spelled wrong) that flew over. Today there have been 4 shanooks and 21 blackhawks that have flown over. That is just not cool. It freaks me out. I can not imagine how the other parts of the world are dealing with having to see our huge and loud aircraft flying over day after day. Wow. Thats all. ;)

Trishntx
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
They just had an airshow At Ellington Field in Houston this past weekend. I know there was another one coming up somewhere else in Texas. Maybe that is why you have been seeing so many. Who knows. It un-nerves me also to see alot of military stuff in my area.

justme23
10-12-2005, 11:26 PM
We live right next to a small airport where the rich ppl fly in and out of Dallas from. You wouldn't think it to look at it but those little planes are LOUD (not the 2 or 3 seaters, they aren't nothing, but the "mini jets" that companies use) and we are close enough that they are barely out of the air when they fly over so that doesn't help and it is a busy airport so it is all day every day. Sometimes I hear it but tune it out and other days it drives me up the wall. I know military planes are much louder, but I can atleast sympatize w/ your situation.

jedmatters
10-13-2005, 04:39 AM
d_terry: we have a repair center in Flour Bluff for military aircraft. We also have a touch and go site (Red Adiar Field) off Saratoga, and many practice runs are done in Labonte park. You could be seeing some of this.

They are loud, but basically harmless.
See which way they are flying, and that will tell you watch they are doing.

d_terry2000
10-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Yes I realize we have some of that stuff around our area. I live virtually in front of the airport (a few miles away) 16 of them were headed near airport and 6 headed the opposite direction. There was a time when you could go down near the port and see all the military equipment on the trains. That was so....unnerving is the word forsure. Not complaining about this it just freaks me out seeing and hearing these copters. They are so close you can see pretty good detail of each plane. I wonder if I can snap a photo next time there is a bunch flying over. Hmmm....I bet they can see me every time I walk out my door and just stare at them. :) I did not know they did practices etc. here. That could very well be it. Its just not something Im use to seeing over my house almost on a daily basis. Never before 9/11 had they flown over now its all the time. Plus we're neighbors to the refineries which is a huge concern. Thanks for the responses...just wanted to get that off my chest.

jedmatters
10-13-2005, 08:21 PM
You can relax a little. The news said that the copters and aircraft were heading to the area and were going to be stored (and briefly flown around) the port until a ship is loaded to go to the Gulf. They will be the last items loaded onto the ship.

d_terry2000
10-14-2005, 02:32 PM
cool. didnt see that on the news but seems logical