PDA

View Full Version : baby's overdue and I'm going nuts!

JillPole
10-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Okay, this is a followup to my last thread about the last days of my pregnancy. THAT one was started when I was closing in on my due date of Sept. 30th.

Well guess what? It's now a week later and my darling daughter shows no signs of wanting to leave the comfort of the womb. I went for a non-stress test today, which she mainly slept through, as well as another ultrasound which showed she's got more than enough amniotic fluid to survive in there (as well as her little fist up near her face as if to say, "I could do ANOTHER 9 months in here! Easy!").

Meanwhile, I am going stir-crazy. There is only so much preparation you can do; I'm ready to be a mom!!!

I'm seeing the doctor again on Monday and hoping we'll start talking induction.

cpbaby
10-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Bless your heart! My oldest was 6 days overdue and my second was 10 days over. He was induced, whew! These last days feel like they last FOREVER!

I hope you have a safe and easy labor and delivery!

ang in NC
10-08-2005, 06:48 AM
I don't have any more ideas. Maybe we can pray her out.

Shann
10-08-2005, 03:46 PM
don't they say usually the first one is late, obvioulsy this doesn't quite hold true to cpbaby since her second one was late also, hang in there, I'm sure she will come soon. Just try to be active.. yea yea easier said than done, I know, good luck. :)

stresseater
10-08-2005, 03:59 PM
My first one was late and they induced at a week past due. With my son I had a sadistic doctor. He was due on Dec. 24th and they would not induce. He was born January 23. :eek: Good luck ;) :D :rolleyes: :)

cpbaby
10-08-2005, 08:21 PM
My first one was late and they induced at a week past due. With my son I had a sadistic doctor. He was due on Dec. 24th and they would not induce. He was born January 23. :eek: Good luck ;) :D :rolleyes: :)

OMG! My second one was due on Dec 10 and my OB WANTED to wait till Dec 24 to induce. I had a conniption since I had a 5 yr old at home and convinced him to induce at 10 days instead of 14.

With my last one, WHEW, I had a great OB and I got a c/s three weeks early. :D I was still pregnant WAY too long. I firmly believe you should not find out you are expecting till you are 7 1/2 months along. A month and a half is about right to be as miserable as most of us are when pregnant. Seriously, the last month is horrible and if you have been sick your whole pregnancy, it makes that month so much worse.

JillPole
10-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm with one of those clinics that assigns you a different doctor/R.N. every visit. As one of my mommy friends informed me, some will be sympathetic and do what they can to get you induced, others will insist you wait it out until your baby is already teething and eating solids!

What I'd like to know is how to convince the R.N. I'm seeing on Monday to induce me. I was one centimeter dilated LAST Monday. My mom was scheduled to fly up last Thursday, thinking Zoe (my bug in the rug) would already be here. Postponed her trip by a week, but doesn't want to have to postpone it again.

What's really funny is I know her date of conception, and this kid should've been out Sept. 30th.! Is this common for a baby to "cook" for over 41 weeks???

cpbaby
10-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Bless your heart. I know you are miserable.

Actually, just because you had sex on a certain day does not mean thats the day your egg was fertilized. Some sperm can live for 5 or 6 days, making conception later than you think. According to a book on how to choose the sex of your baby my mom had, supposedly little boy sperm are fast but wear out quick so to get a boy you have to have sex the day you ovulate. Girl sperm are slower but have much more stamina so to get a girl you have sex 5 days before ovulation so that all the boy sperm die out.

HOWEVER, yes, some babies like it in there and dont want to come out. My Nick would still be there if we hadnt induced. :( My sister went a full month over but that was30 yrs ago and I dont think they let you go that long anymore.

Willow
10-09-2005, 08:28 AM
I think the only time they will induce you is if it was medically necessary or if the baby was getting too big. Most of the time it's better to let nature take it's course. If you were past 42 weeks then I could see them inducing you.

Tasha405
10-09-2005, 08:50 AM
I just went a few days past my due date with Harley and they induced me. But I was also swelling pretty bad and starting to have trouble with my blood pressure. They admitted me about 6:00am, started my drip a little past 7:00am and he was born just a little after 11:00 am. It went quick!

Then with Courtney I went in to see the doctor and was close to my due date (within a few days of it) and he stripped my membranes in the office. Later that night I was in labor. Went to the hospital around 2:00 am and she was born a little after 9:00 am.

(I was three weeks early with Chris)

The last month is always rough and then when you go over your due date you really get stressed out. lol Hopefully your little one will show up pretty soon. (((Hugs)))

Mystic32
10-09-2005, 09:02 PM
if there aren`t any problems usually they`ll let you go up to 2 wks. past your due date before inducing.(so technically you have 5 dys left)

YankeeMary
10-10-2005, 04:28 AM
You poor thing...I know the excitement is killing you and you wanna hold that little angel. I pray that you aren't feeling to miserable.

Just to let you know I went 17 days over with my first one (23 hours labor, induced) and only 14 days over (19 hours labor, induced) with my second...not real comforting is it. I don't do well pregant...lol. Sorry. Hang in there momma, not much longer.

MsLynn
10-10-2005, 05:30 AM
I feel for you, i really do, I remember when i was pregnant, everyone always told me "the hardest thing you'll ever do is watch that due date come, AND GO", never made it that far, my first one was 2 weeks eary, my 2nd ways 3 weeks early and my last one was 4 weeks early, tried to come 6 weeks early because of a car wreck, but we managed to hold him off for 2 more weeks at least. lol. I know you've got to be miserable. but ITS MONDAY, so be sure to let us know what they say at the clinic today

fingers crossed for you. oh and do lots of squatting if you can. in my child birth class they wouldn't let us do it if there was a chance of premature labor.. I've told others to do it and it seems to stimulate something. LOL HEY AT THIS POINT ANYTHING'S WORTH A SHOT, and since you're already starting to dialate it might help.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

ang in NC
10-10-2005, 09:30 PM
wonder if she has had it yet??

Shann
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
wonder if she has had it yet??

Me too. :) Hope all is well and the little one has made her appearance :p

MySonNick1
10-11-2005, 12:14 AM
My sister went a full month over but that was30 yrs ago and I dont think they let you go that long anymore.

They did 6 years ago. I was due February 4 and they waited to induce me until March 3.

JillPole
10-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Well since I'm writing this, obviously Zoe has not yet checked out of Casa Mamacita. My R.N. today told me I was 2 centimeters dilated and thinning, plus she's definitely dropped into place. She sent me over to the hospital to do another non-stress test (instead of tomorrow). The little bugger is still moving well. They agreed to start induction 7 a.m. Friday.

My only concern is that it won't work and they'll be forced to do a C-section. Since I'm on my own (my family are all in other states and the father is not involved), the aftermath of a C-section is obviously not ideal.

So... do I go ahead and let nature take its course, or go ahead and hope for the best with the induction?

Willow
10-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Who is going to drive you to and from the hospital?

JillPole
10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I do have good friends in this area. I moved here almost 5 yrs. ago w/ my now ex-boyfriend (not the father), and stayed after we broke up b/c I was finishing up school. I've got two girlfriends going into the hospital/delivery room with me. One, however, is going to Montana for the weekend, so she's hoping I won't do the induction.

As stressful as this whole pregnancy is on my body and as boring as it has gotten, I would rather do what's healthy for the baby. I will probably call the birthing center tomorrow, postpone the induction and go in for another check on my amniotic fluid instead.

In the meantime, I am becoming a crazy person. Every little thing is getting to me and all I want to do is sleep!!!

Shann
10-11-2005, 11:09 PM
((((JillPole)))) I hope Zoe checks out soon. hehe that was cute how you said it ;) I have no suggestions never given birth, I just hope all goes well and hopefully she will come on her own before then so you don't have to worry about it.

JillPole
10-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Well, since my little miss Zoe Monster is refusing to come out, I am going into the hospital tomorrow (Friday) to be induced. Two weeks has been enough! Hopefully my next "Vent/Whine" will be about dealing with a newborn baby! ;)
Thanks to everyone for listening and for the good wishes.

Shann
10-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Good luck Jill :) Can't wait to see pictures of the little cutie :p

catssass
10-15-2005, 04:54 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/family/9.gif Is "our" baby Zoe here, yet?? http://bestsmileys.com/family/14.gif

SAHMom
10-16-2005, 02:30 AM
Woo Hoo! How exciting! A new baby.....any news? :)

dixiechicken
10-16-2005, 08:31 AM
We should all be hearing something soon, I am sure.

Army-Mom
10-16-2005, 09:33 AM
hope all is going well...just wanted to send prayers and hugs,

JillPole
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
She's here and we're finally home!!

It took almost 17 hours, lots of pushing, and finally the vacuum to get her out, but Miss Zoe finally made her debut at 11:43 p.m. Friday. She was stained with meconium and has very long fingernails from spending so much time in utero, but after getting cleaned up, she is a beautiful girl and totally worth all of the hassle.

6 lbs. 2 oz. with a full head of dark brown hair and dark hazel eyes (and absurdly long toes!). I am in love.

Kirsty

Bliss
10-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Awwwwe! Congratulations! I'm glad you're both doing well.

belcherpi
10-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Congratulations on your little bundle of joy!!!

tngirl
10-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Welcome to the world little Zoe! May God bless you everyday!

catssass
10-17-2005, 06:55 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/1.gif

WELCOME BABY ZOE!!!

...and CONGRATULATIONS MOM!!!

Eyore
10-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Congratulations

Night Wolf
10-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Congratuations! Wow 2 weeks late and only 6lbs! Welcome to the world little one :)

Daisy Duke
10-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Congrats!!!!
Zoe Is A Beautifl Name And Mom You Did A Great Job!! Hope She Sleeps Well For You!!!

Shann
10-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Congratulations, glad she is finally out of casa mamasita ;) I can't wait to see pictures of the cutie pie :)

YankeeMary
10-18-2005, 05:15 AM
How wonderful. I pray that you and Zoe have a wonderful life together. Enjoy all the little things and write them down, because you will forget and its great pulling the ole baby book out 15 years later and reading all the little things that you swore you would not or could not forget. Thank God she is here and healthy and you are doing good, I am so happy for you. HUGS!!! When do we get to see a pic of your little angel?

ajksmom
10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!

tina z
10-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Congratulations!

I wrote the stuff the baby did, on that day of the calendar, so I would be able to put it into the baby book later. Then I saved the calendars with the baby book. :)

xtrememom
10-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Congrats on Zoe getting here, I know you are totally in love with her.

You had her the same day as my Doctor had her baby boy 8lb 12 oz if you can beleive it and my friends SIL had a girl the same day by c-section with the exact weight of Zoe how neat I know 3 on the same day maybe I should play the lottery with the weights.

Major Congrats Kirsty !!!

xtrememom

hotwheelstx
10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: CONGRATULATIONS ON BABY ZOE :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

nightrider127
10-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Happy birthday,. Baby Zoe. May God always bless you and direct your path.

dixiechicken
10-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

mikang
10-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Congrats!! God bless you and baby Zoe!