PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on these autos--Chevy Impala and Hyundai

Matt's Mom
09-29-2005, 11:19 AM
We have a Mercury Mountaineer right now-which we love, but it is all wheel drive AND has a V-8. Needless to say, we are going broke putting gas in it! We want to trade it in and were sort of narrowing down to these two vehicles
the Impala and the Hyundai. Anyone have opinions or advice on either? TIA!

3lilpigs
09-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Chevy! I'm on my 4th chevy.....had the first 2 for over 10 yrs and put 260,000 miles on one of them before i got rid of it! NEVER had any problems with any of them.

YNKYH8R
09-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Toyota. DON'T BUY AMERICAN!!

Jaidness
09-29-2005, 11:39 AM
I have a hyundai sonata I bought to use on trips when gas got expensive. I love it never had a problem in the two years I have owned it, it is great on gas and I get alot of compliments on it from people of all walks of life.On long trips it is comfortable and it has alot of features for a lower price... I love my sonata lol.

dv8grl
09-29-2005, 11:45 AM
I work in Automotive Service.
I've seen a few Impalas come in with suspension problems, but other than that there are usually no major repairs. They do have larger engines, which means more gas. ( if your looking for fuel economy look away from the Impala )

If I was looking to buy a cheap car, I would buy a Hyundai. They have a pretty decent warrenty, read the fine print & see
about getting an extended warrenty., it will be worth it if you plan to take care of the car & keep it along time.

Do not buy a used Hyundai! If you are purchasing any used vehicle. Spend $50 & take it somewhere for a 125 point inspection BEFORE you buy. If the seller is not cool with you getting a neutral opinion on the vehilce then it ain't worth buyin'.

Dealers right now are practically on there knees begging for business, so haggle & try to walk away with as much free service as you can, ie: oil changes, tire rotaion & balance + Alignment, etc....

PS - Hyundai's are made in the US..... ALABAMA!

dlwt
09-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I have only rented the Impala but I had it for 2 weeks and LOVED it. Excellant gas mileage of course but very easy to drive etc

Tasha405
09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
My DH's cousin has a Chevy Impala and she loves it. It gets GREAT gas milage and it has a lot of room. They've had theirs for a few years and have taken it all over the map for vacations and never had a problem with it. I don't know the exact gas milage but they said it does great. HTH! :)

ajksmom
09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
I owned and drove a Hyundai for 7 years, I bought it used and drove the crap out of it. It is about the best car that I ever owned. I personally recommend them, we drove this one for like I said 7 years and all we ever had to do (until the clutch went this past winter) was tires, battery, brakes, and reg. maintance.

Whitequeen39
09-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I just bought a new Hyundai Elantra GT hatchback in July....I love my car, too new to have any problems to tell ya about but I get great gas mileage (about 35mpg city, 40 highway, mine is a manual transmission) which is a big plus right now, has a good warrenty and I did get the extended. It is a comfortable, roomy for its size, good looking car, I get lots of compliments. My best friend has an impala, she likes her car and has had no real problems but she doesn't get near the gas milage I do. You get quite a bit of bang for your buck with the Hyundai.

hollymarie
09-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I dive a 2001 Hyundai Sonata I bought it used, I LOVE IT, it runs great it gets AWESOME gas mileage and has quite a bit of room. I get compliments all the time, Mine is silver so to me it looks really classy, I also have a friend that drives the IMpala and for the overall price she wishes she would have gotten my Sonata haha. Good luck. Either way I think you are getting a good car! HOLLY

Blondiex46
10-02-2005, 05:44 AM
I also rented an Impala twice and would definately buy one if I was in the market for a car.