PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race: Family Edition starts tonight!

suzski
09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Woohoo! :D I've been having AR withdrawals!

Steena
09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm excited too! We watched this as a family last season, so this year will be even more fun since there will be some kids in it. How fun, my kids love this show! I thought it was at 7pm, but it is 8pm instead.

Who ya rootin for so far?

suzski
09-28-2005, 06:15 AM
I like the family that came in 2nd...the mom, dad, young daughter (I think she's 9) and son (11 or 12?). I see the NJ family as the most likely to kill each other before the show is over.

mnvdriver
09-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Did you also notice that Kevin and Drew from season 1 were the "frank" guys?

CHERNL
09-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Those 4 pink ladies have GOT to go! Way too excited for me. And I think that little girl is obnoxious. I'm rooting for either the 3 dots and the dad, or the 3 brothers and the little sister. I think its neat that the father-in-law and the 3 sons-in-law are a team together.

Tasha405
10-01-2005, 09:47 AM
I like the three brothers and sister team and the dad and three daughters team. :)

Doreas_13
10-13-2005, 07:16 AM
Well, guys we can kiss the Stepfather and 3 guys goodbye. They have been eliminate. The New Jersey family are funny to me. Her one son( I think he is the oldest.) I just want to hit him over the head with something. It's call respect. His mouth and Attitute is going to get him in trouble one of these days. He has to be patience with people and he's not showing it on this race. He has a short fuse. Will someone please screw in a new patience bulb for him,please.Thank you

I love Amazing Race!!!! :)
Dorea

migirlfriday
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
I like the family with the young kids. I think it is amazing that they do so well.

I also would like to hit that son on the New Jersey team, maybe because he reminds me a little bit of my own son. I am surprised that they have made it this far because of their bickering, they always seem to be in last place and somehow pull it out before the checkpoint.

suzski
10-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I like the family with the young kids. I think it is amazing that they do so well.

I also would like to hit that son on the New Jersey team, maybe because he reminds me a little bit of my own son. I am surprised that they have made it this far because of their bickering, they always seem to be in last place and somehow pull it out before the checkpoint.

I am TOTALLY with you! The young kids are really troopers and you've got to give it up for the parents who have to pull more weight than some of the other teams because they don't have 4 full-grown team members. And the Aiello's (sp?)...the New Jersey team.... I thought they would have been the FIRST team to go, but so far they've managed to succeed despite their family dynamics...who'da thunkit?

I'm not sure if I'm enjoying this season less because of the format (family edition) or because they're not yet out of the country. I do think it's awesome that they (and the rest of America) are learning a bit more about their own country, but those exotic locales and communication issues are lots of fun to watch!

Doreas_13
10-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Well you can kiss the Stepmom and kids goodbye. For someone who live in New Orlean the dad got lost very quickly. And her stepson call her a B*&$% on TV. I would've wack him right across the mouth on National Television.He wouldn't be using those words again toward me. And the little girl was trying to get her dad to listen to her on directions in New Orlean and he didn't listen again. He thought he knew it all, but he was wrong again. In my opinion I think a second does count in this race it can make you #1 or it can eliminate you very quickly. The mother who lost her husband in a car race was wrong in my opinion about seconds don't count on this race.

Dorea

Doreas_13
10-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Well the ladies that wear the pink shirts did not get eliminate but had to give up all of their money and backpack. There were putting all of the cloths on and everything. It's was funny.

dorea

Steena
11-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Did you see when the family with young kids were eliminated? That little girl started to cry and I was crying along with her. Those kids were real troopers and hung in there with no complaints. Sad to them eliminated. What did it for them was mom looking for the red bean in how many hundreds of pounds of coffee beans. It truly was a task of hit or miss. They couldn't catch up after taking too long.

belcherpi
11-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I hated to see them go. I wanted the widow and 3 kids gone.

Steena
11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Haven't checked the "Reality" section in awhile (Isn't this forum down half the time?). Anyway, I am enjoying these past few episodes of AR. I am trying to figure out why all the teams dislike Florida team? Maybe I missed an episode where they were rude or something. I have a tendency to root for the underdog, so I guess I wouldn't mind see them win. Gosh, weren't they yielded twice? Has any team been yielded twice? I always want the team that is down on their luck to win. I did like the brothers/sister team, but they are getting too kauky for me. Probably the most likable is the dad/daughter team. The sister team is too annoying and ready for a catfight any minute.

So, who is everyone rooting for?

Tasha405
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm rooting for the brothers/sister team. :)

suzski
12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
I like the dad/daughters team and the sister/brothers team. I don't know when the Florida team went "bad", but they have definately aliented themselves from the other teams. I think a lot of the problem is that they play very sneaky...i.e., telling a toll booth guy to keep the next team talking in order to gain more time for themselves. Not like this kind of underhanded strategy hasn't been used before, but it is rather a turnoff to see a supposedly devout Christian family resort to these kind of tactics.

belcherpi
12-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm rooting for the father/daughters team or the sister/brothers team.
I don't like how the widow confronts everyone who "Yields" them. It's part of the game. I think she is just rude and it's annoying to hear them call the sister team "desperate housewives" and make fun of the team who's dad was a garbage truck driver. But I think what really gets me is when they are talking to Phil at the end and crying about everyone not liking them. :rolleyes: Maybe if they didn't act so stupid the rest of the teams wouldn't think so bad of them. They are just strange and I can't wait until they are eliminated.
Now want me to tell ya how I really feel about them???? :D :D :D

suzski
12-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm rooting for the father/daughters team or the sister/brothers team.
I don't like how the widow confronts everyone who "Yields" them. It's part of the game. I think she is just rude and it's annoying to hear them call the sister team "desperate housewives" and make fun of the team who's dad was a garbage truck driver. But I think what really gets me is when they are talking to Phil at the end and crying about everyone not liking them. :rolleyes: Maybe if they didn't act so stupid the rest of the teams wouldn't think so bad of them. They are just strange and I can't wait until they are eliminated.
Now want me to tell ya how I really feel about them???? :D :D :D

Here, here! :)