PDA

View Full Version : the last days of pregnancy

JillPole
09-26-2005, 01:56 AM
I am expecting my first child within a week or so and going nuts! For being 36 and this being a surprise pregnancy (I had been diagnosed with endometriosis), everything has actually gone pretty well. But now I am feeling like if she doesn't come out soon, I may just reach up there and grab her out myself. And then other days I start freaking out about the idea of an actual BABY and think if she starts coming out, I'll do everything I can to push her back in!

I'm just getting tired of lugging around this big ol' belly. Just getting in and out of the car is a chore! She's still moving like it's a 24 hour disco in my womb. My dog is getting bored since I've stopped our long walks, and I'm getting bored sitting around waiting. No wonder pregnancy lasts 9 months; that's just about as much as any sane person could take!!

I know mine is a petty vent/whine, and I am feeling blessed with the imminent arrival of my baby girl. Off to TRY and fall asleep again!

Shann
09-26-2005, 02:14 AM
I hope she comes soon for your sake. :) What a blessing for you. :) And just think, it's almost over whoo hoo!

DreamWarrior
09-26-2005, 03:57 AM
I guess all I can say is .... I feel your pain! Having 3 kids myself, I understand what you are going through. But believe me.. all the pain and discomfort you are going through now, is TOTALLY worth it when you see and hold your child for the first time :D

YankeeMary
09-26-2005, 05:07 AM
What memories you bring back. Though I am sure you are miserable, you are most there. Please keep us updated and of course post pics of that new little angel once she decides to make her apperance. My heart goes out to you, hang in there, momma.

freeplease
09-26-2005, 05:57 AM
You might want to take some short walks. It helps to be fit when you're pushing a watermelon sized object through a keyhole. lol

But seriously, a short walk shouldn't hurt. And it might help get that baby dropped down, and ready to go. Best of luck!

Tisky67
09-26-2005, 06:21 AM
Oh reading this post just caused flash backs for me. I feel for you & remember my first son & just wanting him to come out but at the same time terrified of him making his appearence ( Like a St Bernard coming through the cat door - Jeff Foxworthy ) I was so HUGE when I delivered him that the 3X mens sweat clothes I was wearing were tight !!

Take some short walks, stretch your hips this will make labor alot easier. Also to make sure that you remember the most important phrase for a woman in labor --

I WANT MY EPIDURAL !!! (get a tshirt made & wear it to the hospital ) :)

Daisy Duke
09-26-2005, 06:59 AM
I have 2 kids..I never got big it was all baby! I gained 15 pounds with one and 14 with the other! The first thing i did when i found out was make sure to walk everyday for a little while and get some exersize bal lthingie to move on to get the kid out!!
I LOVED being pregnant..but I didnt like taking the baby home for the first time! not getting any sleep for 3 months before they were born then none for pretty much the next year after took a told on me! My son is nine months and still awaking at night! . But i wouldnt change it for the world!! Good luck...take warm showers to ease all back pain.....and like they said before!! The more drugs the easier it is!!! I had the ep. for my first one and the second one i didnt ! and letme tell you!!!!! PAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNn

UROCgirl
09-26-2005, 07:03 AM
I also am remembering what the last week before my daughter was born was like. I was so uncomfortable and had a hard time sleeping, everything was uncomfortable and difficult. I decided that it must have been planned that way because (escecially with my first one) I was so scared of the pain and labor that I was hoping to never actually have to HAVE the baby. Then I was so miserable and uncomfortable at the end I did not care how bad it hurt I just wanted her out, and to meet her, and not have to be preganant any more! And once it was all over and she was here it was amazing to see her tiny little face. And then we stayed in bed for like almost a week straight. It was nice to be able to sleep without her in me moving like crazy.

KimNRandy
09-26-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm due around Thanksgiving and am definately feeling your pain.

My crotch, hips and lower back is killing me and I wake up every hour, all night long to pee.

Getting in and out of bed, in and out of the car and getting UP from sitting in general is harder and harder.

I could go on and on, but at least you are almost done...I have two more months. :)

Take it easy and best wishes to you both!

lpelham
09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
I was lucky, I only gained 25 lbs due to a pretty strict diabetic diet (I had gestational diabetes), but I was so ready for him to get here. My sweetheart is 14 months now and sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I could put him back in ;) Because once they get here, your life is over (but in an incredible way).

Libby

JillPole
10-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Well I'm now officially one day past my due date. I had to field phone calls and e-mails all day from inquiring minds wanting to know if I'd had her yet. It started raining today, so I had to pull out the box of coats I had stored for fall/winter and pulled another muscle. And then I had to walk my dog in the pouring rain. The worst is the people who actually SEE me and ask "haven't you had that baby yet?" :rolleyes:

Well, at least all of my worries about bringing home a newborn are gone! I just want her out!!!

xtrememom
10-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Oh honey my first one was 3 weeks late and I wont even go there, but I can offer some advice, Go online and find any natural birthing website and look up evening primrose oil caplets, they are commonly recommended by mid-wives and some OB's to help soften the cervix to induce labor. I know your supoosed to take so many by mouth and crack open and insert so many up near your cervix, but its been way too many years since I had a baby to tell you exactly what to do.

My OB of 23 yrs always said another way to induce labor is a little bit of loving ((wink wink)) so grab DH/SO and jump his bones he'll be surprised.

I wish you much Congratulations on your first baby, and am sending you tons of labor vibes I hope Zoe makes an appearance soon I remember the feeling like I swallowed a watermelon very well and that he would never get here and I would snap at people who asked me Havent you had the baby yet with Why dont you carry a watermelon around or a few not so nice words I was miserable, I went from a size 9 to a size 20 in 9 months but he was worth it and is almost 20 now and on his own.

JillPole
10-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your support! :)

Unfortunately her father is not involved at this time, and the way my hormones have been raging (not to mention that I look like a stick figure with a circle drawn around the middle), it's highly doubtful I'll be getting a date any time soon! lol

Meanwhile she is squirming, prodding, and poking like it's all a big game to her!

one_angel
10-01-2005, 08:39 PM
I wish you ALL of the best. I'm sure she will be beautiful and happy to see you as much as you will be happy to see her. I'm not yet a mother, but I am sure that you are uncomfortable right now. My friend was overdue with her child, and she was told to drink lemon water. The stronger the lemon, the more of a diretic (sp?) it is. Anyway, it makes you pee more and helps with water retention. Drink up. ;)

JillPole
10-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Thank you to everyone who has put up with my complaining! I realize how lucky I am to have carried my daughter to full term, and am now just focusing on her being a healthy baby.

I was just thinking today that I will miss all the fuss over being the pregnant lady; after she's born (whenever that will be!), it's all on her!

The strained muscle is still killing. I tried to do too much today, putting gas in my car, shopping for those little last minute needs (maxi pads, ready-to-bake meals, granny panties, not necessarily in that order!), making more meals to freeze for later. It seems like the longer this goes on, the more I find I still "need" to do!

Better contractions today. If I'm boring everyone, lmk. Sometimes I bore myself!!

Blondiex46
10-02-2005, 05:24 AM
you are not alone!!

catssass
10-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Awww, your not boring anyone, its kinda fun to remember back to when I was PG, your posts bring it all back... I hope you have some support, I'd hate to think of you going through this time all alone, please keep us updated and please take care!! Pam

JillPole
10-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, I just returned from seeing the doctor. Basically, she'll come out when she wants to - ugh. I'm scheduled for another non-stress test on Friday. Also, scheduled ANOTHER doctor's appt. for next Monday; the receptionist laughed as soon as she saw me since I'd sworn LAST time would be the last time.

I was up half the night last night with anxiety (not to mention constant peeing AGAIN). Everything's ready to go, including myself. I am getting so tired of rotating the three remaining maternity outfits that fit! The muscle I tore in my back end is killing me. Now I have to call my mom and tell her she might as well postpone her trip up here. I know it's only been three days since her due date, but it feels like years.

Freebeemom
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Time to go for a long walk with no bra on!

Yes, it sounds funny, but you need to get up and go! Get that baby motivated!
Use these last few moments to your advantage!

Honestly, you will be up "peeing" Once she is out as well!

Hang in there, you are almost done!

JillPole
10-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Okay... she's 5 days overdue. In the last two days I have tried: drinking outrageous amounts of raspberry leaf tea, drinking hot sauce out of the bottle, taking long brisk walks, lemon water... still nothing. She squiggles around like she's laughing at me. It is starting to get cold and rainy here and all of my remaining clothes are for summer. I'm about to grab a glove, lube it up, reach up there and grab her out myself!

Quaker_Parrots
10-06-2005, 03:36 AM
This is gonna sound gross... but, at your next visit, ask your doctor about stripping your membrane, after that occurs, you should go into labor within 48 hours (took me 12 with dd)

ang in NC
10-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Yes strip that membrane, walk and walk did it with both of mine. Good Luck try to get some rest you will need it!

xtrememom
10-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Jill My family Doctor is in the same boat as you and this is baby number 3 for her. She has did the Black Cohash Tea, Evening Primrose Oil, Lots of fluids walking walking walking, little bit of loving when her DH is home (Hes a Doctor too but on a Fellowship so has resident hours) and she even went as far as trying the castor oil bit and having her membranes stripped and there she was yesterday 2 weeks past her due date and her cervix has did nothing. no effacement , no dilation. She said she is thinking of running a marathon to get this little boy out and all her clothes arent fitting either, first time I have ever seen her in scrubs was yesterday said its all she can get comfy in XXL scrubs!!

Be patient Zoe will be here soon enough, shes just enoying her waterbed a bit too much.

Freebeemom
10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Sounds like you will have a stubborn girl on your hands! Good luck!