PDA

View Full Version : Last Night somebody stole my *grass*

hblueeyes
08-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I couldn't believe it. Somebody stole my grass. They picked up a 4' by 8' section of newly laid sod that had died due to no water and us not knowing the builders from across the street put it there. We only noticed once it was dead.

I called the police to report it and they were like, What?

It was really quite funny. A cheech and Chong moment.

Hey man, somebody stole my grass man.

Me :p

jedmatters
08-28-2005, 03:02 PM
How do you know it was dead due to lack of water if you never noticed it until it was "stolen"?
And, how do you know the builders put it there if you never noticed it?

Perhaps the builders took it back to where it belongs?

IthinkNOT!
08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
you don't even want to know what I thought when I saw this thread!!!LOL

Bliss
08-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Hahaha! I think I just about heard it all now. :)

mimi37
08-28-2005, 07:30 PM
How do you know it was dead due to lack of water if you never noticed it until it was "stolen"?
And, how do you know the builders put it there if you never noticed it?

Perhaps the builders took it back to where it belongs?

I think what she is saying is that the builders across the street put a piece of sod in their yard and didn't tell them. Since they didn't know it was there, they didn't water it. It was only after it was dead that they noticed it was there and then someone stole it.

IthinkNOT!
08-28-2005, 07:49 PM
thats bad, ive seen people steal grass before but never dead grass

hblueeyes
08-29-2005, 07:01 AM
mimi37 is correct.

The builders needed to hook into the water system and that is on my side of the street. Hubby noticed it and went and looked and discovered that they broke some pipes and were not gonna fix them. He called the inspector who came out and made them repair the damage and told them not to forget to leave the area as they found it. It wasnt until it was dead that we noticed they had put in sod. It was much more brown than the rest of the lawn. Then yesterday, after hubby took son #4 to a friends he happened to notice it was gone. We think it was taken the evening or early hours of the am, but it could have been sooner. The problem too is when the builders put the sod in they did not level the area and it had a big dip that was not there before. So I bought 10 bags of soil to put over the sod and then I was going to seed it. They also took the soil and the box of seed so I doubt it was Public Works like the police thought. I am waiting to hear from them today after they check with the Works dept. if it was them or not but I think not.

Me :p

Shann
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
wow that's pretty sad. I wonder though if it wasn't the builders, maybe they were going to replace it by why on earth would they steal your soil and seed.. so sad. :(

kidzpca
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
sad situation when someone must steal dead grass to get their kicks.

not to hi-jack the tread but I'm only able to post through quick reply, and I can't start a new thread either...Any others.

What's up?

mikang
08-30-2005, 02:44 AM
sad situation when someone must steal dead grass to get their kicks.

not to hi-jack the tread but I'm only able to post through quick reply, and I can't start a new thread either...Any others.

What's up?

I couldn't post any response either. I was looking at the for sale or trade and someone posted a way to post. the php3 in the address, take out the 3 and then hit go and you'll be able to post. It worked for me.

Bliss
08-30-2005, 09:01 PM
LOL - I crack up laughing every time I see the title. It goes to show, people will steal anything, including dead grass...Hahaha