PDA

View Full Version : Question for students, regarding textbooks..

briansgirl
08-15-2005, 01:39 PM
I am trying to find books for school and am wondering if anyone here has ever bought the international version of a textbook? It says they are exactly the same, other than binding but I'm not so sure and my teacher has no idea. I would love to buy the book for half the regular bookstore price but not if i can't use it!! TIA!!!

Sarah

one_angel
08-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Hello.

I'm not sure if you are talking about college texts or other school texts, but if you can get the ISBN number or the actual text "version" and find the ISBN on amazon.com or such, then you can look on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Half.com, etc. to see how cheap you can buy the actual text. I don't have any experience with international texts, though, sorry! ;)

cpbaby
08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
I got the international version once "by mistake" from an Ebay seller. I had no trouble with it at all.

Shann
08-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Sarah you can also look at places such as half.com to get cheap text books that are not the international version. Don't know that they would get there in time though.. :o

cpbaby
08-15-2005, 05:16 PM
I bought mine off Ebay from a "Power seller" and it was NOT advertised as an international version. BUT it was and it worked fine.

inspector
08-18-2005, 03:03 PM
I just bought an international textbook yesterday for the first time. My geology professor said it was exactly the same, and that he'd had students use them before. They really are a great price, even at half.com, ebay, etc. they are still cheaper than the US books. The only difference with the one I bought is that it's paperback and the US version is a hard cover.

briansgirl
08-18-2005, 03:09 PM
That is what the seller said too , at half.com. I ordered it but haven't gotten it yet (though I paid for expedited shipping!) I'll compare it to the others and see, hopefully it works out. Thanks for everyones help!

Sarah