PDA

View Full Version : Does your ice cream truck play music??

buttrfli
08-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Until I moved ot this neighborhood, I have always heard ice cream trucks play loud (and annoying lol) music.... but now we have one that plays the sound of a cow moooing. No music, just a very loud (and realistic) cow sound..... like I need to be reminded that I am a cow everytime I want to go get a fudge bar LOL

mom2cvam
08-12-2005, 03:41 PM
The ice cream truck that drives by here plays really loud very annoying music. I swear the kids can hear it a mile away! lol :rolleyes:

tracey74
08-12-2005, 03:49 PM
wahhhhhhhhh we dont have ice cream men around here! and they quit doing it(in ct where i grew up) when I was like 10 or 11.havent seen one since. and I use to get free stuff cause I knew the ice cream man and he lived near us.wahhhhhhh I hate getting old.lmao

Angel Lips
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
ours just rings a bell no music

stresseater
08-12-2005, 05:53 PM
If there is an ice creme truck on my road he is seriously lost. :) I remember when we lived in Shawnee though and we had the kids convinced he was the "music man" they had no idea what he really had in that truck. LOL

ahippiechic
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
About 4 of them come thru our complex every afternoon. All playing different kinds of music. That's not counting the ones who push the ice cream & food carts and ring their bells. Today my DD and I got some really good corn on the cobb from one guy. With chili powder and cheese on it! :D

eeyore329
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
WHAT ICE CREAM TRUCK????????????????????????

Willow
08-12-2005, 07:01 PM
We have one that rings a bell and one that plays different types of music.

bribella
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
We have one that comes thru and you can hear it fron 3 streets away

Bubblescc
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Mine plays really loud annoying music.....I hate it too....But I would probably miss it if it was gone,lol

ntgsmommy
08-13-2005, 01:31 AM
None here either.. :( they would make a fortune back here with all the kids too! Of course they wouldn't have to worry about making milkshakes if they came down our road with all the pot holes and literall craters :eek: ...the road would do it for them! ;)
Hmmm..me thinks I should sell ice cream/pop and the like from my garage :cool:

3lilpigs
08-13-2005, 01:55 AM
that makes no sense. why would you want to make people feel like a cow when buying ice cream? the sound is just going to remind them that its fattening. :rolleyes:
we have a snowball truck...he has the 'jingle bells' instead of music

renagade
08-13-2005, 04:40 AM
I would rather hear the bell ringing or the mooing over that stupid music. We have one that goes down the street hubbys sisters rent house is on. We have been doing alot of work in the backyard lately and that truck drives us crazy.First you hear it on the other block then it goes down this street not once but twice then it goes behind the house. There are apartments behind the house so it goes up and down the rolls of apartments.AAAWWW POP GOES THE WEASLE. Its driving us crazy. Hubby ask me how many years do you think I would get for shooting the ice cream trucks speaker off the top of it LOL

MamaFairal
08-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Ours just rings this bell constantly and i wanna run out and yank it off that darn truck....lol

delSol
08-13-2005, 05:12 AM
they are banned here - for about 25 years now

tigger4
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Ours plays music. I have pretty much learned to tune it out.

I was in Portland last weekend and saw an ice cream man on a bike with a cooler strapped to the back of his bike carrying a boom box playing music. I have never seen anything quite like that in my entire life.

buttrfli
08-13-2005, 06:38 AM
they are banned here - for about 25 years now

really? How come?

kygirl71
08-13-2005, 07:30 AM
We havent had an ice cream truck here since I was a sophomore in High School. That was in 1987! I really wish we had one here now though. My kids would love it. :D But when the one that used to be here drove by, it was playing music. :)

delSol
08-13-2005, 07:49 AM
really? How come?

there were a couple of incidents (kids getting hit by the trucks or other people) and then finally this stupid lady let her 4 year old cross 4 lanes and a big median by himself and he never made it, he got killed by a person that he walked in front of. They banned the trucks and have never let them back in -NOTHING happened to that mother, that just is not right. My kids never got to enjoy that as a kid because that lady was stupid. I think the ice cream man is one of the wonderful things about being a kid.

buttrfli
08-13-2005, 07:50 AM
thats so sad :(

mimi37
08-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Last year, the ice cream truck always came around right after dinner. I would be washing the dishes and we would run outside to get ice cream. This year, he totally passes up our street. :( You think he would come down our street because there's a playground about a half a block down the street.

mnvdriver
08-13-2005, 11:21 AM
POP GOES THE WEASEL!!!!!!!!!!! How annoying is that???????????? Jack and Jill truck!

nightrider127
08-13-2005, 01:42 PM
We have an ice cream truck here but it don't come down our street, next to no kids live on this street. He plays music.

In my hometown in Kentucky, the ice cream truck plays Little Brown Jug. The church people wont let their kids buy from it because of the song that it plays.

Willow
08-13-2005, 03:36 PM
What I don't understand about the ice cream trucks is why they don't pull off to the side of the street for a few minutes and give people a chance to go outside. I think if they did that they might get more customers. By the time people get their money out and put shoes on or whatever the truck is long gone. A couple of years ago the guy on the first floor went running down the sidewalk in nothing but a pair of shorts and a suede fringe vest and slippers. I laughed so hard. lol If it was a little kid it probably wouldn't have been as funny but to see a grown man in his 40's doing this was hysterical. :D

ezmoney163
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
We have two. One plays some weird music, not really kiddie music and not really ice crema music, and the woman hollars through her mic "Hello???" "Hello??" :rolleyes: Very annoying. The other is a little school bus type truck, and they have kiddie music.

Our trucks come right at dinner time. :rolleyes: My kids will get it but then not want to eat dinner cause they know the treat is in the freezer.

They don't have a regular schedule here either, sort of hit and miss, I guess.

With the gas the way it is I am surprised if we see them at all the rest of the summer. :(

As for people being ignorant and letting their kids out with out supervision to get the ice cream and getting hit by cars, etc. Well, that is nuts, heck, who knows it could be some psycho driving the truck just out looking to take lil kids. Never will my children be out there with out me.

buttrfli
08-13-2005, 07:08 PM
We actually have 3 ( :rolleyes: ) the "cow" one, one that plays mexican music and one that plays "this old man"

I prefer ANYTHING over the mooing one LOL

Aloha from paradise
08-13-2005, 07:14 PM
We don't have any ice cream trucks here :(