PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Guatemala

buttrfli
08-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Meet the survivors!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/

Kelsey1224
08-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Survivor tackles its 11th season starting Sept. 15 with former NFL quarterback Gary Hogeboom – who played for the Cowboys, Colts, Cardinals and Redskins – among the 16 new castaways on Survivor: Guatemala: The Maya Empire, CBS has announced.

The network also revealed that the players will kick off their adventure with an 11-mile hike through the jungle and a spate of surprises. There are also reports that Stephenie Lagrossa and Bobby Jon Drinkard of Survivor: Palau will be returning to captain the two rival tribes.

Survivor: Guatemala will take place amid the ancient Mayan ruins and ceremonial sites located in the northern area of Guatemala. In alphabetical order, the new castaways who'll compete for $1 million are:

Brandon Bellinger, 22, a farmer from Manhattan, Kan.; Danni Boatwright, 30, a sports-radio host from Tonganoxie, Kan.; Margaret Bobonich, 43, a family nurse from Chardon, Ohio; Brian Corridan, 22, a student from New York City; Cindy Hall, 31, a zookeeper from Naples, Fla.; Gary Hogeboom, 47, ex-football player from Grand Haven, Mich.; Rafe Judkins, 22, a student from Providence, R.I.; Jim Lynch, 63, a retired fire captain from Northglenn, Colo.; Morgan McDevitt, 21, a magician's assistant and waitress from Decatur, Ill.; Lydia Morales, 42, a fishmonger from Lakewood, Wash.; Amy O'Hara, 39, a police sergeant from Revere, Mass.; Judd Sergeant, 35, a doorman from Ridgefield, N.J.; Brooke Struck, 26, a law student from Santa Monica, Calif.; Blake Towsley, 24, a real-estate broker from Dallas; and Brianna Varela, 21, a makeup artist from Edmonds, Wash.

Tasha405
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I can't wait! :D

JKATHERINE
08-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Yay! I'm so excited! :D

Steena
08-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh yes, Survivor is always good along with Amazing Race (which I just started watching last fall).

renagade
08-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Whoo-Hoo I'm so ready!!

halvarado
08-16-2005, 07:40 AM
i love this show:) i can't wait!

Kelsey1224
08-16-2005, 08:07 AM
I can't wait either. It is one of my favorite reality shows. It sure beats Big Brother ...which I've enjoyed in the past...but it sucks big time this year.

I'm actually getting my Survivor fix by watching reruns of the old seasons on the OLN network. They just finished airing the first season (Monday -Thursday) and started season 2 - Survivor - Outback last night.

It is fun to see how the program has evolved, as well as see the familiar faces of the prior castaways!

sunflowers
09-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Bobby Jon and Stephanie are the 2 past survivors coming back...Yippie I loved her!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

justme23
09-07-2005, 06:23 AM
I can't wait for this to start -- but I don't know how I'm going to watch it (well, I do, just not going to admit it here)... they put Alias in the Survivor time slot and I'm not going to miss Alias... I'll have to find another way to see Survivor.

For anyone who likes reruns (or is like me and just hasn't seen them) OLN is rerunning ALL the seasons of survivor right now... Season 2 is almost over. Don't tell me who won!!!

sunflowers
09-07-2005, 06:35 AM
I can't wait for this to start -- but I don't know how I'm going to watch it (well, I do, just not going to admit it here)... they put Alias in the Survivor time slot and I'm not going to miss Alias... I'll have to find another way to see Survivor.

I have to tape 2 things(Alias and the OC) then watch Survivor...Good thing I have 2 vcr's
I hate when they put all the good shows up against one another...

justme23
09-08-2005, 06:00 AM
I have to tape 2 things(Alias and the OC) then watch Survivor...Good thing I have 2 vcr's
I hate when they put all the good shows up against one another...

I know, it sucks -- and our cable comes in through a DVR cable box that only records one thing at a time (my best friends and my aunts can record two at a time, we aren't privvy to that yet) and I can't even use the vcr to record -- or I would. It's ok, I have other ways of seeing it, it's just a hassle.

Fl-momof2
09-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Do you know of any good spoiler sites???

cathych
09-16-2005, 08:49 PM
For anyone who watched the show last night, I just could not believe my eyes about how sick these folks were getting without any medical intervention. Bobby Jon said he "felt like he was going to have a seizure", and that guy who pulled a muscle. I understand this is survivor, but gosh, you don't have to nearly kill people for ratings, which is what Jeff Probst said that it was!

Steena
09-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I agree about the getting deathly sick. A couple of them looked like they needed to go to the ER right away. But then you see them for the challenges, and the sick seemed to have gotten better. Is it possible that they did get some medical attention (intravenous fluids) and didn't air it on tv?

This should play out good later on. The ex NLF player, Gary, is totally denying that he ever was a pro football player. Th woman contestant who does radio broadcasting for a living, reconized him and told his tribemates. Gary denied it and said it wasn't him. Interesting. In his diary session, he said that if they find out he was a pro football player they will vote him, so he is denying it.