PDA

View Full Version : I want to scream

peaceluver
08-11-2005, 06:10 AM
I had a job interview this morning at 10am. I really thought I had this job. This morning I get a phone call saying "I found someone else for the job you dont need to come in. Call me back and let me know you got this message." I was so angry but I did call and let them know I got the message. Then DH calls and wants to make sure I am getting ready. When I tell him what happens he was like well you really havent been looking for a job. Like that was the right thing to say. NOT.

buttrfli
08-11-2005, 06:17 AM
:( I'm sorry. Not that it will amke you feel better or anything, but at least they called so you didn't waste your gas.

I think men say certain things over the phone because they know if they say them to your face, they are liable to get smaked lol

Sorry you didn't get the job :( Maybe that means there is a better one around the corner.. good luck :)

angeldaddy
08-11-2005, 06:39 AM
sorry you had this happpen. i feel that things go like this for a reason and better things are coming your way.keep your chin up!

bribella
08-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I am sorry your dh was a jerk and you didn't get the job interview. Maybe it was meant to happen and you'll find an even better job just right for you! :)

schsa
08-11-2005, 08:54 AM
At least you didn't go through the interview process so that they could send you a letter saying sorry. On the other hand, there was a reason for this and men just don't know when not to speak.

tngirl
08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
I had a job interview this morning at 10am. I really thought I had this job. This morning I get a phone call saying "I found someone else for the job you dont need to come in. Call me back and let me know you got this message." I was so angry but I did call and let them know I got the message. Then DH calls and wants to make sure I am getting ready. When I tell him what happens he was like well you really havent been looking for a job. Like that was the right thing to say. NOT.

I hate it when that happens. The phone rings....it is the prospective employer....your heart races because you just know they are calling to ask you when you can start...then the crash....sorry!!

Also, men can be such jerks!!

iluvmybaby
08-11-2005, 01:53 PM
That sucks, I am job searching myself and about 100 doors have closed in my face, I am determined ONE will open soon :) Keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us, you will be in my prayers. P.S. Hubby was trying to help out, tho men usually have a bad habit of sticking their feet in their mouth :p

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Hubby had something similiar happen to him...only he went through the interview, was "hired", met the GM, other staff... it was a major hotel chain... and then AFTER he left for the day, the manager called and left a voice mail... "Sorry, we hired the other girl too and the GM says we can't have both of you so I'm sorry but there's no need to come back." :eek: That's okay though, he does have a great job now... so things will work out for you too!