PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the new Dukes of Hazzard movie??

booker'sbaby24
08-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has seen this. I previewed the video "These Boots are made for Walkin" with Jessica Simpson in it, Needless to say I thought it was awful. Someone at work told me, that was mild compared to the movie. I believe this gives a bad name to a good show that was on in the air when I was a kid. My daughter loves the TV series but I wouldn't dare take her to see this. Just my opinion all.

Willow
08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has seen this. I previewed the video "These Boots are made for Walkin" with Jessica Simpson in it, Needless to say I thought it was awful. Someone at work told me, that was mild compared to the movie. I believe this gives a bad name to a good show that was on in the air when I was a kid. My daughter loves the TV series but I wouldn't dare take her to see this. Just my opinion all.

My son and I went to see it last Saturday. We both liked it. He's 11 but I don't know if I would take younger kids like 4 or 5 to see it. There is a bit of swearing and Willie Nelson (Uncle Jesse) tells a couple of crude jokes towards the end of the film but it really wasn't too bad. I think they made Bo and Luke look kind of dumb though. They didn't act like that in the tv series so I was a little disappointed about that but I still enjoyed it.

Shann
08-10-2005, 04:04 PM
My son and I went to see it last Saturday. We both liked it. He's 11 but I don't know if I would take younger kids like 4 or 5 to see it. There is a bit of swearing and Willie Nelson (Uncle Jesse) tells a couple of crude jokes towards the end of the film but it really wasn't too bad. I think they made Bo and Luke look kind of dumb though. They didn't act like that in the tv series so I was a little disappointed about that but I still enjoyed it.

I agree, but I never saw the original series, so I don't know how it compairs... but do think that Bo & Luke were a little on the dumb and dumber side. ;)

I don't think that the movie is as raunchy as Jessica's video. Although it's a bit funny how she acted like she was better than the other singers and then look at what she's doing in her video, can anyone say Paris Hilton envy? ;) :p

It just wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be, there was no nudity and Jessica wasn't prancing around a lot in her tiny outfit. I also wouldn't recommend taking a real young kid but a teenager would be fine.

3lilpigs
08-11-2005, 07:11 PM
i DON'T even want to see it when it's in the DOLLAR BINS at ODD LOTS!

ahippiechic
08-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Based on the previews I've seen, I have no desire to see this movie.

schsa
08-12-2005, 05:21 AM
The reviews are that it's probably good for the 12 - 15 year old boy market but it is contrived and corny. I can understand why.

ilikefree
08-12-2005, 07:19 AM
I haven't seen it, but my sister and her family went to the drive in to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The Dukes of Hazard movie was on after Charlie. She said they didn't stay for very much of it. They have 2 kids, ages 5 and 2, and she said that there was a lot of cussing in it. Seems they were saying quite a bit of stuff little kids shouldn't hear. I, myself, have no desire to see it.

renagade
08-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Really don't care to see it either. Don't like Jessica all that much.

papadsgirls
08-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I haven't seen it, but after reading cooters remark's I think this is one remake I will leave alone. He asked that everyone not see this movie, that it was not a family movie as was the show. When I saw the cast I knew this movie was out. To bad Herbie isn't still playing.

mhoden
08-13-2005, 07:57 PM
I saw it and didn't like it. A lot of swearing, crude jokes, and Jessica Simpson was nothing more than a sex object. She hardly acted, mostly strutted around in skimpy clothes. I thought it was dumb and boring. NOT funny. The worst was during the closing credits they had some VERY crude "joke" videos. Drug references too; I can't imagine they smoked pot in the original TV series, but who knows.

Johnslambchop
08-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I'll save my $10..... What is really sick is that Jessica Simpson's father is her manager and it looks like he is pimping her out in this movie and in that video.......... That's just wrong.......................

Birchem
11-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I seen it with my son and my mom.

Daisy Duke
11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I am 24 years old. I Love Jessica Simpson, don't ask why I just do ! My mother and I used to watch "Da Dukes" all the time, NOW I haven't seen this movie, but from what my brother (18) and my husbands brothers all over the age of 24 say its a HOTT!!!! hovie. I will pass! Not saying that none of the actors in it are good or bad, but for the meer sake that it was made for MALE VIEwers, I am a female and I have more memoriabelia from the series than the fricken males going out to see the movie, its for single men with no girlfriends to fulfill their need for some good ol' lovin'

That is my opinion!!