PDA

View Full Version : Gonefishin is closing.............

slkirk22
08-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Here is a copy of the email I just got.

Spending most of my time "off" dealing with "life" both online and off has brought many things back in to perspective. I was fortunate to stumble upon Steve Jobs speech that he gave to Stanford graduates this year.

The following piece kind of sums up where I am at...

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

With that, I am closing this site. Hosting is paid through August 9th. I have downloaded everyone's payment information including user name, amount due and payment processor. I have also downloaded everyone's email. None of this information will be sold, exchanged, etc. It is no one's business but your own. I will continue to process payouts as I receive requests from you and as I have funds available.

You are free to contact me at any time at reewhite@ameritech.net. I do not want to lose touch with so many of my friends.

I hope this note finds you in good health, good spirit and good fishin'.

As you move forward in your lives remember to stay hungry...keep looking for that next challenge...yet stay foolish...it keeps us humble.

cleaningla
08-07-2005, 05:15 PM
will continue to process payouts as I receive requests from you and as I have funds available.

There's no way to request payout. :(

I sent an email to webmaster@gonefishinemail.com and got an automated response saying that email wasn't being maintained.

I'm sure I'll get it, just can't figure out how to request it.

slkirk22
08-07-2005, 05:18 PM
There's no way to request payout. :(

I sent an email to webmaster@gonefishinemail.com and got an automated response saying that email wasn't being maintained.

I'm sure I'll get it, just can't figure out how to request it.
Send it to her other email posted above.

cleaningla
08-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Didn't really want to send it to here personal email address, but went ahead and did it anyway.

Thanks!

slkirk22
08-08-2005, 05:06 AM
Just to let everyone know...I sent my payout request this morning to her personal email address listed above and I already got my payment.

smoothmom
08-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Mary has indeed said that you can send payout requests to the email address posted above. I sent mine there, and got it a couple of days later.

malewis
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
I sent my payout request yesterday and got it today. Sorry to see them closing.

pinelands
08-09-2005, 06:04 AM
I am sorry to see them closing too. This was my favorite. I requested final payout last night and received it this morning.

shadeybaby
08-09-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm not a member of this site, but I think it's great that she's paying everyone instead of just running away.

swan0002
08-09-2005, 09:42 AM
I really hate to see this one go :( I requested payout yesterday and got it within hours!

Mijme
08-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I've been on vacation, glad I read this thread, I just requested my payout, I'm at $26.00. I hope I get paid. :)

ithastobe
08-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the post - I've not been online as much this busy summer. I requested payout yesterday - and rec'd it today. What a class act! I wish her all the best, I can't even imagine how much time it takes to be an owner of a site. :confused:

deejen
08-09-2005, 08:35 PM
she paid me really quickly and i will miss the site and her.

bluelady2
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
do you have to have the full cashout amount or can you get what you have even if it's a few $$$s

slkirk22
08-10-2005, 04:06 AM
do you have to have the full cashout amount or can you get what you have even if it's a few $$$s
I only had $3 in my account and she paid me

Denise1972
08-10-2005, 04:21 AM
I really hate to see Mary go. I really liked the site.